Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stimulus Checks

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, it seems that if you are actually going to receive a paper check, there will be a slight delay while they make preparations for a certain someone's signature to appear on the memo area of said check.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Mine posted late yesterday. Hmmm, how to spend....??
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Ours came in the middle of the night!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Well, it seems that if you are actually going to receive a paper check, there will be a slight delay while they make preparations for a certain someone's signature to appear on the memo area of said check.
    I heard this too, even though this has NEVER been done before!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seems normal practice across government. Mayors, governors, all putting their name on plaques and signs on new construction, bridges, stadiums, highways and the like.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    I heard this too, even though this has NEVER been done before!
    A lot of things being done that have never been done before. I long for the "good old days".

You know, back when you had a pretty good chance of what you were being told at least had a semblance of truth!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Something to consider. I you are fortunate enough to not need the stimulus money for your everyday expenses, please consider donating part of it to your favorite charity. Lord knows, they need it at this time, especially the smaller hometown ones.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Found this a while ago. Gives a little info regarding being taxed on the checks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/pers...AYH?li=BBnbfcN
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default If you owed taxes it ain't the same situation!

Apparently if you owed taxes for 2019 they did not keep your bank info in the same records as refund info, even if you had IRS make an electronic withdrawal and you filed electronically. They drew the taxes I owed out of my account a couple of days ago. When I checked the Get My Payment website it said I was eligible to get the stimulus but they needed my bank info, tracking # and account #, if I wanted it direct deposited.

It did not show when I can expect to get it. Maybe it will in a day or two.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

I revised my comment totally in Post #24.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Yeah .. Had to pay in for the first time last year (2018). Just filed for 2019 Monday, fortunately getting refunds (state/federal). Guessing the stimulus $$ will come soon since the federal return was just approved.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I receive Military retirement and SS and both are direct deposit BUT I pay my taxes with a check and haven't filled yet this year. AND mine says "They Cannot Determine my eligibility " If they send it I would use it to pay my taxes NOW BUT if I don't I'm going to wait till 15 JUL to file.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I receive Military retirement and SS and both are direct deposit BUT I pay my taxes with a check and haven't filled yet this year. AND mine says "They Cannot Determine my eligibility " If they send it I would use it to pay my taxes NOW BUT if I don't I'm going to wait till 15 JUL to file.
    Did you file 2018 with paper or e-file? I filed 2018 & 2019 by e-file and had the tax due taken out of my checking account electronically. I still had to fill out the second form on the Get My Payment page giving the direct deposit info. It now says I'm eligible but does not yet have a payment date, so I must be in a second layer of people to be taken care of. Since you paid by paper check you may be in a third level, below the one I'm in. Who knows how many computer systems our tax info is stored in. Must be something like, "Oh, you're Room 1. We'll take care of you now. We'll take care of Room 2 next. We haven't had a chance to even think about Room 3, or 4, or 5, or.....

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I paid taxes by check. The news story on it says they will eventually get around to sending out the checks to people who are on social security and have their ss checks direct deposited if they don't have direct deposit information from the IRS. . I am not gonna worry about it for now. Eventually they will get around to it.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I am another one who's eligibility cannot be determined. Owed money in 2018 so no direct deposit there. Recently filed the 2019 and they owe me a refund. However, since last year, I moved from AK and changed my banking to AR.

We both get SS and have direct deposit in our AR accts. The latest I was able to find out was that we should be getting the stimulus checks by direct deposit since we also get our SS that way.

No time period given...but, I am guessing that may take up to another month. ????????

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I am another one who's eligibility cannot be determined. Owed money in 2018 so no direct deposit there. Recently filed the 2019 and they owe me a refund. However, since last year, I moved from AK and changed my banking to AR.

We both get SS and have direct deposit in our AR accts. The latest I was able to find out was that we should be getting the stimulus checks by direct deposit since we also get our SS that way.

No time period given...but, I am guessing that may take up to another month. ????????

No estimated time given in the news story. It only said that after the get all the stimulus out to the people the IRS does have the direct deposit info on, that they will begin sending it out to those that they can get the direct deposit info from social security payments. I wouldn't put much faith in any time promises from the IRS on this anyway.

Spyder Garage

After reading section 22? Since I paid with a check in 2018 and have Not filed this year it will come in a check because I haven't had a refund direct deposited on my federal taxes since I retired 17 years ago? Getting my Military retirement and SS by direct deposit doesn't cross reference because I haven't got a Federal return direct deposited in Many years. The Check Will come someday?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

It's a common problem getting the "can't find your payment date" problem. Several different possible causes, including having used H&R Block or Turbo Tax to e-file.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/he...1-e10c7395d1b9

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I use a tax program, but mail my returns instead of e-filing. I try to keep as much personal info off the internet as I can.

The only good thing about the delay, for me, is that I am not in desperate need of the check.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Got the stimulus check in the mail today. I don't do direct deposit for tax refunds but I do Efile using Turbo Tax. I really didn't expect to see the check this soon..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Got the stimulus check in the mail today. I don't do direct deposit for tax refunds but I do Efile using Turbo Tax. I really didn't expect to see the check this soon..... Jim

Same here........ got a paper check in the mail last Friday. My taxes were paid with a cashier's checks and e-filed.

Spyder Garage

Mine is supposed to be deposited on 4/30. I efiled and paid by bank withdrawal. I had to provide the deposit info since they didn't pick it up from my tax return.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use a tax program, but mail my returns instead of e-filing. I try to keep as much personal info off the internet as I can.

The only good thing about the delay, for me, is that I am not in desperate need of the check.
    Ha, my wife said that anyone who can afford to own a spyder doesn't need a stimulus check. She's a supervisor for the county's welfare office. I guess she has a point.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe we need the stimulus check because we do own a spyder Dale

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We were getting the ‘unable to determine your eligibility’ message until last week when it changed to say we are eligible and I was able to enter direct deposit information. So if you have gotten that message keep checking back as it may have changed.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622