Spyder Garage

Default Sitting during the shutdown?

Just something to ponder, but if your bike was last filled with ethanol fuel, and it's gonna sit around until this KungFlu passes, it might not be a bad idea to toss a little fuel treatment in it.....merely a thought..if you're a believer or not. Not meant to be a brand specific debate of any sorts...Put some in or not, I don't care, nor do I care what kind......it's just that we might not think of this during riding season. To each his own
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

But if it's not mixed well, will it do any good?

Luckily I am able to get in some riding and practice social distancing at the same time. Now if the rain, cold and tornadoes will just get out of my way.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    But if it's not mixed well, will it do any good?

Luckily I am able to get in some riding and practice social distancing at the same time. Now if the rain, cold and tornadoes will just get out of my way.
    Got to make sure it’s mixed well so that must mean bumps, hills, and curves...
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Just something to ponder, but if your bike was last filled with ethanol fuel, and it's gonna sit around until this KungFlu passes, it might not be a bad idea to toss a little fuel treatment in it.....merely a thought..if you're a believer or not. Not meant to be a brand specific debate of any sorts...Put some in or not, I don't care, nor do I care what kind......it's just that we might not think of this during riding season. To each his own
    IMHO doing this now is too late .... if you don't run it ( and I recommend NOT doing it ) it won't get into the fuel system at the throttle body ..... I did mine just before putting it up and it lasts about 4-5 mos. so I'm OK ...... Mike

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

According to Stabil, properly treated gas will last for up to 24 months. I hope we don't have to find out!

http://knowhow.napaonline.com/how-to...el-stabilizer/
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    IMHO doing this now is too late .... if you don't run it ( and I recommend NOT doing it ) it won't get into the fuel system at the throttle body ..... I did mine just before putting it up and it lasts about 4-5 mos. so I'm OK ...... Mike
    True for sure, but maybe if the bike is just run in the driveway long enough to circulate the treatment.....can't hurt....I'm with you guys, hopefully we don't have to wait to see...
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Why are you not riding? It is still allowed in Wisconsin. Just no gathering around others. I'm on my 3 tank of gas already.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If our Spyder was here in Tennessee, we would do some riding, but ours is still in Illinois. When things ease up and warm up, we hope to get it down here. Time will tell.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

True for sure, but maybe if the bike is just run in the driveway long enough to circulate the treatment.....can't hurt....I'm with you guys, hopefully we don't have to wait to see...
    Yes that will work, and if you only do it once ( to get the fuel into the throttle body ) it won't form enough condensation to be an issue ..... However I have recommended in other threads just running it once a week doesn't do any good things ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

on second tank here in upstate ny with wife . put 90 miles on sunday
    2019 f3t , titanium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Why are you not riding? It is still allowed in Wisconsin. Just no gathering around others. I'm on my 3 tank of gas already.
    Got to second JP's post. Just ride and don't have contact with others! I've got just shy of 1000 miles on this spring, and I'm pretty sure our weather in Minnesota is probably more extreme than most parts of the country. Went for a short ride yesterday at 30*F and a little light snow coming down when I finished up. The ground is snow-covered here again this morning. As tough as things are right now, you need to try to enjoy life a little!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Uhhh, guys, I never said I wasn't riding.....I was just tossing out a reminder to those who might NOT be riding, to consider treating their fuel if their bike is gonna be sitting. Never ASSUME.....you know what happens when ya do...It's all good.....RIDE ON!!!!
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Uhhh, guys, I never said I wasn't riding.....I was just tossing out a reminder to those who might NOT be riding, to consider treating their fuel if their bike is gonna be sitting. Never ASSUME.....you know what happens when ya do...It's all good.....RIDE ON!!!!
    since you are in wis. do you run the non alcohol premium? tons of stations up there. i try to keep it in mine.
    we have one station in town that has it. i carry a list of illinois stations that have it . i still put something in the tank
    before storage anyway.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by irvin48 View Post
    since you are in wis. do you run the non alcohol premium? tons of stations up there. i try to keep it in mine.
    we have one station in town that has it. i carry a list of illinois stations that have it . i still put something in the tank
    before storage anyway.
    I do use the higher grades of ethanol-free when available. In WI Kwik Trip is very reputable, similar to your Kaseys probably...? I always fill it with ethanol-free and treat the last fillup before storage. I do this with everything I own and have never had any issues with anything. My original post was just putting it in some minds to consider that lowergrade fuels might start to separate if our bikes sit too long. I don't really care what people do....I was just tossing the idea out there. We just got put on shutdown til the end of May, so that's another month of sitting for those who choose not to ride.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Rick, once it gets sunny again I will be driving past your house on my way to buy bread in Lacrosse. I hear they have great bread there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffandLori View Post
    Rick, once it gets sunny again I will be driving past your house on my way to buy bread in Lacrosse. I hear they have great bread there.
    LOL.....must be REALLY good bread! Stop if I'm outside
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

That is a bit of an errand. I know how it is about bread though. We had this bakery in Anchorage, Great Harvest. They had the best bread you could eat. They also offered free samples. We would go there, she would buy bread, and I would try all kinds of samples.

Let's see, Arkansas, back to Anchorage...that's about 4,400 miles. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Me personally I would not use Stabil. There is a much better product out there that does a whole lot more more effectively.
    https://seafoamsales.com/product/sea...fuel-additive/
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Instead of poker runs we should have recipe runs. Stop at grocery store for an ingredient , take pic and move on. We could post them here.

Spyder Garage

Instead of poker runs we should have recipe runs. Stop at grocery store for an ingredient , take pic and move on. We could post them here.
    I do like your way of thinking.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hmmm. From Deadwood (sounds like a D3WR route) Cheyenne Crossing for an Indian Taco, then down 385 to Hill City for Wine tasting at Prairie Berry or Stonefaces, Custer for desert at the Purple Pie place, then back to Lewies near Lead for a SW Dakota burger. Of course you’ll have to come back from Custer via the Needles and Iron Mt. road, maybe stopping in Keystone for a snack. That’s my recipe for an eat and ride...
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    That is a bit of an errand. I know how it is about bread though. We had this bakery in Anchorage, Great Harvest. They had the best bread you could eat. They also offered free samples. We would go there, she would buy bread, and I would try all kinds of samples.

Let's see, Arkansas, back to Anchorage...that's about 4,400 miles. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Well it is more of a Wisconsin joke as it would be a 5 1/2 hour round trip. It just happens to go through arguably the best riding in the state. It is called the drift less area.

https://www.travelwisconsin.com/arti...driftless-area

Spyder Garage

Rode that area many times. Awesome ride..
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Well it is more of a Wisconsin joke as it would be a 5 1/2 hour round trip. It just happens to go through arguably the best riding in the state. It is called the drift less area.

https://www.travelwisconsin.com/arti...driftless-area
    As a former Madison resident, I am familiar with Blue Mounds and Lacrosse. I lived on the outskirts in Verona back in 72. And yes, very nice riding. I still liked Northern WI though. Also lived in Ashland right on Chequamegon Bay.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-18-2020 at 09:23 AM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red