Spyder Garage

Default Big Service Day for 2012 RT-S SE5

My 2012 spent most of the first eight years under a blanket in the garage. Work took me all over the world for seven of those years. With 3260 miles, it is in for Oil Change, Coolant Change, Brake Fluid Change, Hose Replacement and Tire Replacement.
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited
    2020 Ryker Rally.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
    My 2012 spent most of the first eight years under a blanket in the garage. Work took me all over the world for seven of those years. With 3260 miles, it is in for Oil Change, Coolant Change, Brake Fluid Change, Hose Replacement and Tire Replacement.
    It will be an eight year old new machine! Enjoy! Pay attention to the tires. Age can deteriorate even when they're not rolling down the road.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    It will be an eight year old new machine! Enjoy! Pay attention to the tires. Age can deteriorate even when they're not rolling down the road.
    Tires looked new, but I replaced them anyway.
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited
    2020 Ryker Rally.

Spyder Garage

I have a "NEW to Me" 2011 and just did an oil change. The other stuff appears not necessary at this time. The tires appear in good shape, Brakes operate fine, No hoses are leaking. Only mayor issue I already posted here about it was finding a metal screw in the oil plug that #BRP refused to pay for the repair so I am still riding it until I get to trade it in for something else. Most likely a Yamaha or a Honda. Not a fan of Spyders reliability anymore or the customer service from #BRP. I have put 3000 plus additional miles since I purchased it on Feb 7.

Spyder Garage

Fluids such as brake and coolant are suggested to be changed every two years on the 998 VTwin regardless of mileage. I would (and did) change them anyway. That at least gives you a baseline to start counting from. If your tires are the OEM tires they are are 9 years old. Old good looking tires are the reason I am now on 3 wheels. Had a 5 year old tire fail and put us on the ground. Reliability...………. well I have 54000 on mine, 46000 mine. Best trike I ever owned and this isn't my first. Hope you get many more miles out of your Spyder and find what you are looking for.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze