Spyder Garage

Default Centramatic Balancers on F3

SL,

I just finished installing my new Centramatic Balancers from Lamonster Garage. Installation was a breeze and I will share pics and some reccomendations to help anyone interested.
    Ride test went exceptionally well, I could tell they made a huge difference in the vibration felt at speeds over 60mph. I only installed the two front balancers, the one for the rear will have to wait until I need new rear tire. Taking the rear tire off is above my comfort level to remove and reinstall.

Tips-
    1) Use a 13/16 standard socket or 21mm metric socket on the lug nuts. I used a 21mm metic socket and it worked perfectly.
    2) Loosen the lug nuts prior to raising up the front tires, its best to use a decent size lug wrench(ratchet). Lug nuts were very tight and you'll need the leverage of a long handled ratchet.
    3) When using a floor jack, place a towel or something soft on the floor jack pad to prevent any scratching of the A-arm while lifting your Spyder. Lift it only enough to have the tire barely off the ground. This makes it easier when reinstalling the tire.
    4) When installing the balancer make sure it sets flat against hub, it does have a good snug fit so it should be easy to place on the wheel studs.
    5) Reinstalling the tire and lug nuts, hand tighten each lug as you gently turn the tire while making sure the tire is flush mounted. Dont torque the lugs until you lower the spyder off the floor jack.
    6) Torque the lug nuts to 79/80 foot pounds

I'm no expert at any of this but I wanted to share my experience with this amazing group of people!

Be safe everyone

Arcamguy

20200405_152909.jpg20200405_152942.jpg20200405_153558.jpg
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Spyder Garage

Nice report, and the photos are good too, thanks.
    I learned how to make it easier to put a front wheel back on after trying to do it the hard way. I lift the wheel only high enough so it is JUST of the floor. That way, I don't have to lift it when replacing it.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I had them on my F3 Limited. I now have them on my 2020 RT Limited.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have them on my 2020 RTL and like them also.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Do you keep or remove you wheel weights when you install this?

Spyder Garage

You keep the wheel weights on.

This is an copy and paste from Lamonster Garage.

"The install on the front couldn't be easier. You simply jack up the front and remove the wheels. Next, you just slide the the balancer over the lug bolts with the ring facing out, making sure it's sitting flat on the hub. Install the wheel and torque to specification and that's it! These can be used over and over and swapped out from one Spyder to another if you change rides. It's important that you DO NOT remove the weights from your wheels before installing the balancer."
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Spyder Garage

From what I've read it is better to balance the tire and also run the Centramatics. Due to their small size and diameter, they can only handle a certain amount of imbalance. I static balanced my wheels, then put the Centramatics on at all 3 corners. Very smooth.

One thing not mentioned anywhere that I've found in writing for the rear wheel installation. You have to install it in such a manner that it spaces the speed sensor wheel toward the speed sensor pickup. Not sure on the F3, but on my RTL the spec is .051" to .074" gap. This is in the manual under the VSS section. .010" shims are available to adjust this. While I have never heard of anyone having trouble just installing the rear Centramatic, the thickness of the balancer put mine outside of spec so I adjusted it.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Enough for (3) tires = $51 Just another option. I do install the liquid after my tires have already been balanced. Been using it for years in my m/c tires with great results. Just some alternative FYI..
    https://www.ride-on.com/us/support/t...es/car-formula

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

In my ownership of many, many veh's and for Spyders especially, I have always just relied on a spin balance machine. Never had a bad result .... If a spin balancer can't eliminate a vibe or shake nothing will.... There are tires that are defective for myriads of reasons .... and Kenda Spyder tires have the worst record for a defective product.... I'm surprised the NHST hasn't delt with them based on their poor product ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    In my ownership of many, many veh's and for Spyders especially, I have always just relied on a spin balance machine. Never had a bad result .... If a spin balancer can't eliminate a vibe or shake nothing will.... There are tires that are defective for myriads of reasons .... and Kenda Spyder tires have the worst record for a defective product.... I'm surprised the NHST hasn't delt with them based on their poor product ..... good luck .... Mike
    I agree! I had them on all 3 for awhile with kendas. Then replaced fronts with Fomozas and properly balanced, reinstalled without balancers & it’s smooth with no shakes or vibes whatsoever. A good alignment from Squared Away also helps. Ended up selling the complete set for $100. Will never purchase those again.
    It really is a sickness!
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black