Spyder Garage

Default Good deal or no good

I have a chance to buy a 2012 Spyder RTSM5 audio and convince package for 9 thousand. It has 30 thousand miles on it. Is this a fair deal?

Spyder Garage

Price is ballpark good. Have a dealer run the VIN # to check out the service history.

An SM5 manual is worth $1,500 less than a SE5 (semi auto). A consideration if you are planning on re-selling. A bit more difficult to sell because most want the semi auto.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raewedge View Post
    I have a chance to buy a 2012 Spyder RTSM5 audio and convince package for 9 thousand. It has 30 thousand miles on it. Is this a fair deal?
    Thanks for your input, this bike is in Shreveport not sure when I can go check it out with this quarantine

Spyder Garage

Check imotorsports a sponsor of spyderlovers, click on home and scroll down. I just took a look and they have 2013, 2014 and 2015's with lower mileage at the same price point. They provide free delivery.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your input, this bike is in Shreveport not sure when I can go check it out with this quarantine
    Call seller to get the VIN. Call any dealer...they can input the VIN into their computer system.
    Note: most dealers are usually closed on Mondays.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    Check imotorsports a sponsor of spyderlovers, click on home and scroll down. I just took a look and they have 2013, 2014 and 2015's with lower mileage at the same price point. They provide free delivery.
    with L.I. & ARtraveler ..... do some homework ..... and the FREE shipping from IMotorsports is a hugh plus ...... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd even if you have to spend a bit more to get a Spyder with the 1330 engine I think you will be happier in the long term .... annnnnnnnnnd back in 09 when I bought my first Spyder. .... I had a choice of manual or the SE trans .... I chose manual .... But my next two spyders were SE's and I Loooooooooooooove them..... good luck .... Mike ..........PS on another post I said Gene who has an 08 Manual trans is having issues annnnnnnd the dealer won't work on it .... maybe an isolated case, but remember BRP stopped making and using the V-twin back in 2015 , ya think they had a good reason for doing so ???????

Spyder Garage

Motorsport where?

iMotorsports. A SL sponsor. See home page.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-06-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Spyder Garage
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    with L.I. & ARtraveler ..... do some homework ..... and the FREE shipping from IMotorsports is a hugh plus ...... annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd even if you have to spend a bit more to get a Spyder with the 1330 engine I think you will be happier in the long term .... annnnnnnnnnd back in 09 when I bought my first Spyder. .... I had a choice of manual or the SE trans .... I chose manual .... But my next two spyders were SE's and I Loooooooooooooove them..... good luck .... Mike ..........PS on another post I said Gene who has an 08 Manual trans is having issues annnnnnnd the dealer won't work on it .... maybe an isolated case, but remember BRP stopped making and using the V-twin back in 2015 , ya think they had a good reason for doing so ???????
    The reason that the 08 is having troubles getting a dealer to work on it is that many Motorsports dealers will not work on anything that is 10 years old or older. There is nothing about the clutch on a manual Spyder that is anything to worry about.

I would be more cautious about buying a used Spyder from a dealer that took it on trade as they have no knowledge of how it was maintained.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

& FYI I’m nxt door in Bossier, would be good see more Spyders round here, maybe meet if mess gets any better unfortunately can’t say many good things bout local dealer, hopefully they can/will provide you with what you need timely. Price is ballpark, note ‘12 will have the 998 engine yes discontinued, but good motor if taken care of eats little oil & likes higher RPMs (takes getting use to). Definitely run VIN
    *Bradford marine Texarkana my preferred dealer for area* ( nice RYDE too)
    (903) 794-2628
    8361 N State Line Ave
    Texarkana TX 75503
    United States
    Last edited by Bfromla; 04-06-2020 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Dealer info

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Thanks for info

Spyder Garage

Definitely go with a 2014. SM6 and 1330 engine. My wife's 1st spyder was an ST and she was constantly shifting when I was cruizing in 6th. Her ST lasted a month then we traded in on a 2014 RT-S SM6 for her.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

Just bought a 2012 RTL SE5 with 3600 miles for 10k. I'd keep looking...and try to get er loaded as well.Just an opinion...we all have them
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Without going into it, I agree with Bromla about the Shreveport shop. Spyder sales and repair is a sideline. Their big impetus is travel trailers. Very disappointed with the one and only time I used them.