Spyder Garage

Default Looking for radiator parts only

Hey all...trying to keep busy like many others stuck at home...especially of us who live alone for various reasons.

Anyone know where I can get a busted radiator...you know parts only or such?

So, I have this awesome 2014 ST-S SE5. I had highway pegs installed last October and love them. But, not so much the radiator fan heat blowing on my legs around the lower areas. Jeans and boots are not much help.

I had drawn some ideas up a while back to try, but between work and things i have not been able to develop as much as research. And, trust me...I have done a lot of research.

I thought if I could get my hands on a busted radiator I could use it as a model to make some parts. I already have plans to remove the underneath plate / pan or whatever you want to call it.

And, since I already have my replacement DESS module, and might as well try a few things if possible.

Thanks all and stay safe.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-05-2020 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Title - clarity
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

There are block off plates available to keep the hot air off your feet especially on the right side. Try Lamonster

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    There are block off plates available to keep the hot air off your feet especially on the right side. Try Lamonster
    I found one frorm spyderpops, emailed them about it fitting mine, response was it will not and they do not have any for the ST (st-s, stl). I'd like to try it out and see what would need to be altered to make it fit...I do not have any way to compare to the RS panels and radiator setup. I'd prefer not to have to pay $60 and it not work. And the other ones were for the RT's, but cannot remember where those were.
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

https://www.ebay.com/itm/08-CANAM-CA...edirect=mobile
    Found this on Ebay. They have make an offer.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bayoumanPIBE View Post
    Hey all...trying to keep busy like many others stuck at home...especially of us who live alone for various reasons.

Anyone know where I can get a busted radiator...you know parts only or such?

So, I have this awesome 2014 ST-S SE5. I had highway pegs installed last October and love them. But, not so much the radiator fan heat blowing on my legs around the lower areas. Jeans and boots are not much help.

I had drawn some ideas up a while back to try, but between work and things i have not been able to develop as much as research. And, trust me...I have done a lot of research.

I thought if I could get my hands on a busted radiator I could use it as a model to make some parts. I already have plans to remove the underneath plate / pan or whatever you want to call it.

And, since I already have my replacement DESS module, and might as well try a few things if possible.

Thanks all and stay safe.
    Hi, have a look. Simple to make, and has been doing the job for over 5 years 30,000miles. Just the plastic sheet from a 3 holes binder bought at the dollar store.

IMG_8730.jpg

IMG_8729.jpg

IMG_8728.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2020 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Moved Added pic fm within Quote

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...

Spyder Garage

@Richardv - Cool and interesting solution. What did you use to hold it inside the area? Other than trying it since so inexpensive, my pegs are higher than yours and my legs tend to stretch out far being 6'3"...curious to see what difference it could do.
    20200406_104407.jpg

Spyder Garage

E3401A9E-3C3B-4B80-A001-69BC2DB40B73.jpgE3401A9E-3C3B-4B80-A001-69BC2DB40B73.jpgI am 6’2”.
    I just fold it over, pressed it , creating a crease in the plastic. After that, all that is left to do is to cut that flip over in order to turn around corner. Then just slip that fold over in between the black and coloured plastic.

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...