Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I am new to the Spyder Community and have a 2020 RTL Marsala Red. I’m trying to figure out how to get my iphone from automatically opening the music and playing? I want to be able to turn the music off and just listen to the gps directions from my phone when its connected by blue tooth. When you turn the volume off for the music on the bike it turns all sound off??? What am I doing wrong??

Thanks for your help! Ride Safe!

Spyder Garage

Connect does have a mind of its own I will say takes a while to pair

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2020RTLimitedDRM View Post
    I am new to the Spyder Community and have a 2020 RTL Marsala Red. I’m trying to figure out how to get my iphone from automatically opening the music and playing? I want to be able to turn the music off and just listen to the gps directions from my phone when its connected by blue tooth. When you turn the volume off for the music on the bike it turns all sound off??? What am I doing wrong??

If you pause/mute the BT music. Not lowering the volume. Starting from the correct volume level. Hold the the joystick down until the the screen shows pause. It is the short double bar symbol. The music should be paused, but the GPS audio should come through just fine.

If that does not work. Just turn the audio player off. That is done from the phone. Not the Spyder.

PS Since you have a 2020. You should be able to pause from the audio controls as well as from the joystick.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks I’ll try that!! I can pause the music from the phone, but once it locks with the connect it starts playing again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IN the volume screen you can hold the joystick down and the music will stop. As for it automatically playing, haven't had that problem as I have to switch to BRP C then to the music to get it to play. Whether FM or other music, FM starts when the system finishes booting, Bluetooth music has to be started, it won't get going automatically.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Well I have tried all suggestions. When putting the sound to pause (II) it pauses all sound, even the gps directions. When sound is on and the volume is at its lowest, the GPS will lower the music sound and say the directions. I even deleted the app of the phone completely and it is the same. So connecting to the bike is really only good for charging the phone while riding which is good. Everything plays through Bluetooth anyways. As far as the BRP connect app using your maps on an iphone, it doesn’t show the route anyways!! And I’m not paying for a mapping software that is quirky to begin with. Thanks everyone for your help! Hopefully BRP connect will have some updates that will improve their app.

On another note! How do I add a picture of my bike to my screen name??

Spyder Garage

....... On another note! How do I add a picture of my bike to my screen name??
    The 'Quick'n Easy' way?? - Click on 'Notifications' up the top right of your screen, then 'Inbox' in the drop down list. Once that screen paints up, check out the Left Hand column & go down to where it says 'My Settings'. In that section there's a bunch of red links, & one of them should be a link labelled 'Edit Profile Picture' - hit that, and then choose whichever Option you prefer in the field that says 'Custom Profile Picture', and load a pic up before saving. You might want to check which way your chosen pic is going to display before locking it in, because the Forum software uses the Top Left corner of any pics as its 'anchor point', so if you took the pic on your phone in 'profile' orientation (most phones use the Top Right corner as their anchor in profile mode) instead of turning it anti-clockwise & into landscape mode, your pic might come out sideways.... or upside down! And you might need to reduce the size/definition of your pic too, just so it'll fit. But with any luck, following that lot should work, drop me a PM if it doesn't.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks!!! Done!

Spyder Garage

Test Message
    Ride Safe!

Spyder Garage

Test Message
    Glad it worked for you.

That's got your Profile pic working, and showing as your Sig Line pic; so what about adding an Avatar pic, a different one maybe??

You can do that in the same place, just pick the appropriate red link.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Intercom

2020 RTL
    Been reading a lot but can not seem to figure this question out —-
    So will wireless earbuds with built in mics work with BRP Connect as an intercom with driver and passenger.
    Or
    Do I have to buy something like a Cardo or a Sena?

Thanks
    Charlie
    (My first post on this site)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by charlesl View Post
    2020 RTL
    Been reading a lot but can not seem to figure this question out —-
    So will wireless earbuds with built in mics work with BRP Connect as an intercom with driver and passenger.
    Or
    Do I have to buy something like a Cardo or a Sena?

Thanks
    Charlie
    (My first post on this site)
    I assume it will pair. I would think you should just try it and find out. Don't know how well it would work with the helmet. Wind noise and location of the microphone. Again that may need to be tried. Let us know how well it works.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Well I have tried all suggestions. When putting the sound to pause (II) it pauses all sound, even the gps directions. When sound is on and the volume is at its lowest, the GPS will lower the music sound and say the directions. I even deleted the app of the phone completely and it is the same. So connecting to the bike is really only good for charging the phone while riding which is good. Everything plays through Bluetooth anyways. As far as the BRP connect app using your maps on an iphone, it doesn’t show the route anyways!! And I’m not paying for a mapping software that is quirky to begin with. Thanks everyone for your help! Hopefully BRP connect will have some updates that will improve their app.

Well you got me curious. So I went out and tried it. The music player started automatically like normal and I like it that way. But for testing. I paused the music player from the handlebar controls. Tried the Waze GPS app. The sound cam through just fine. Tried Google maps driving app and no sound. Then I tried Genius Maps and the sound again came through just fine. I tried several more apps. All of them worked and the music app stayed paused.

You did not say what GPS app you where using. If it was google maps driving app that could be your problem.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

You do not say what music app you are using. If it is Google Play Music app. then go into the settings and turn off the setting in the picture below. If you are using another app. Look for a similar setting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

The Apple Maps from the iPhone XS. I will try again. Through the blue tooth connection I can get the map directions with the Apple Maps and google maps. I can’t turn off the music player on my phone. It’s an apple thing. But pausing the sound on the bike for some reason pauses all sound from my phone.��
    Ride Safe!

Spyder Garage

Ok I just tried the music and gps on the Spyder. I spoke with apple support and they said to contact BRP as it sounded to them that it is a firmware issue! So I turned the key on, and plugged my phone in. After loading everything the music started playing. I used the apple mapping and selected a point to go to. The music muted and the map announcement came through. I used the joy stick and moved the sound to pause “II” and no sound came through at all. I tried to video from my phone but the unmuting kept turning off the camera sooo... I got my gopro out and videoed the best I could. I will need to make a movie so its not as large as a file. Can the video be posted on this site? With the phone unplugged from the Spyder the music will continue to play along with the gps directions, if the sound isn’t paused. So it is something in the firmware/software on the bike as it does not use the cable except for charging and locking out the phone so you can’t use it!
    Ride Safe!

Spyder Garage

All audio and telephony functions from your phone to the dash is BT and has nothing to do with whether the usb cable is plugged in or not. If you wish to see your compatible apps on the Spyders screen then the usb cable has to be plugged in. There is not enough bandwidth on BT for both audio and video. I never plug my phone in and it's mounted on my handlebars. Also have installed a USB power plug there if I want to charge my phone. I use the phone screen for the gps.

The issue you are having must have to do with a setting with your iphone. As mentioned in a previous post. Flamewingers iphone does not auto play.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

so i have this same issue. if BT is on my phone apple music autostarts. if i mute or pause music, no map audio. i just want to hear apple map gps audio - no music.
    i don't see any settings on the spyder that might help and i've searched iphone forums and tried their suggestions.
    it's become an obsession for me!
    any ideas?
    thanks, randy
    2019 F3Ltd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    ..... There's also a BRP Connect group on facebook.
    I'm having difficulty getting my Android Phone to bluetooth with my new to me used 2020 RT LTD. Even BRP Tech Service gave up. The Facebook Group is Great if you have BRP GO issues. But since sync'ing the phone to the bike IS NOT, I got asked what am I doing on their Facebook Page. Friendly helpful folks; NOT!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-30-2022 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

Since it is used, make sure you first delete the current paired devices. I believe you can only have two phones at a time so the slots may have been already used from the last owner.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by obiwanbill View Post
    I'm having difficulty getting my Android Phone to bluetooth with my new to me used 2020 RT LTD. Even BRP Tech Service gave up. The Facebook Group is Great if you have BRP GO issues. But since sync'ing the phone to the bike IS NOT, I got asked what am I doing on their Facebook Page. Friendly helpful folks; NOT!!
    Hahaha…….the vast majority of members of that BRP Go site are VERY helpful, Bill……..I reckon I could have a pretty good guess at who the agro responder was

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by obiwanbill View Post
    Does this help, or have you been through it all? BRP GO FAQs on the Ski-Doo site. It's the answer to "My Smartphone device won't connect..." https://www.ski-doo.com/us/en/ski-do...rp-go/faq.html

- Ensure your device is not locked (i.e. you have your apps in front of you, no need for a PIN, password or any other unlock procedures) and that BRP GO! is open on your phone when connecting it to the vehicle.
    - Make sure the smartphone is connected to the USB at the front of the vehicle and that you use a good quality USB cable, i.e. the one usually provided by your phone's manufacturer.
    - If you have an Android device, make sure that you have allowed BRP GO! to display over other apps (appear on top of other apps) in phone settings.
    - If this does not work, validate if your device is compatible with BRP GO!. The BRP GO! app only supports specific phone models and does not support tablets or iPods. This means that a connection with non-supported phones, iPads or iPods might work but is not guaranteed to function properly.
    Have you deleted all the users as shardt suggests? Is there a way to do a reset to factory defaults? If so, do that. Also double check that your phone is on the compatible list.

Also consider uninstalling BRP GO! and make sure BRP Connect app isn't found on your phone. Then install the APK to your phone not using the Play Store. Info and latest version is here. https://m.apkpure.com/brp-go/com.brp.brpgo You may need to do a factory reset of your phone. Just be sure to save everything to Google cloud first. When it asks to reinstall apps uncheck BRP GO.

Another thing, if you haven't already, is to do a reset of your Spyder. BRP Connect is the technology that communicates with your phone and is a part of the cluster. It may be mucked up.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 04-30-2022 at 10:10 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)