Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default just out of curiousity would you go to a event

hi ev1 as a vendor we have to make hard decisions on attending events with the current situation at hand. just curious how you all are thinking about getting out and going to events? based on whats happening to our economy. we know for a fact that we haven't even seen the brunt of this virus yet and the death toll could be in the thousands one doctor is predicting a 2% death rate here in the u.s. were thinking that 2020 is not going to be a safe environment for social gathering and to write this year off and pray for a very strong 2021yr..we all know that bike events draw in large crowds and if the fear of the virus still exists would you still come to them..please this is just a poll of your opinion on weather or not you would attend and please be honest about it..please don't turn this page into a argument of opinions. we vendors have to rely on you guys out there for us to exist and we have to make the right decisions this year more than any other year.
    ty,
    jim

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Not only going, but helping with.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Currently no even in 2021. With a change in attitudes and a working vaccine in place then yes I would attend.

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would have to say no at this time but after all this mess is over I would go to one for sure. As far as spending any
    money on extras it would have to be something I really wanted or needed before I would part with the money now.
    But hopefully all this will pass soon and we can resume a somewhat normal life again!
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

It may or may not help you in your decision, but I am also into camping and had plans to attend a Rally during the first week of May, 5 days after I retire on April 30th. The reservations were made back in Nov, 2019 and I did in fact cancel them about two weeks ago. The camping trip, in and of itself didn't worry me, but attending a Rally involving lots and lots of folks gathered together for various activities and breakfast, lunch, and dinner...made me change my mind. Going camping solo (with my wife) is one thing, doing it at a Rally with many others participating is a whole nother animal. I'm laying low for the time being until such time that the present situation has been resolved.....vaccine available, credible treatments, etc.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dklehman View Post
    Currently no even in 2021. With a change in attitudes and a working vaccine in place then yes I would attend.
    I agree. Frankly, I'd be stunned if any rallies were actually still held as scheduled.
    Bert

Spyder Garage

No , stay at home .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Everybody needs to stay home! It's the only way we will get a hold of this and defeat it. Wait for a vaccine, probably in the flu shot this fall. Or widespread use of anti-malaria drugs. Rally's this summer should be canceled. Maybe start again in the fall. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I'm doing my part by purchasing farkle's on line. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Everybody needs to stay home! It's the only way we will get a hold of this and defeat it. Wait for a vaccine, probably in the flu shot this fall. Or widespread use of anti-malaria drugs. Rally's this summer should be canceled. Maybe start again in the fall. Tom
    I do think this maybe be possible, there are two vaccines that show some promise but it will take time to prove and get approval then make and distribute. This fall may still be a little soon for all that to happen but we can all ways hope for the best. As far as planning for this years Bike Events I will treat them as a no go until vaccine or I pass an anti body test.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Along with triplethreat and a few others, I think it would depend on the size of the gathering. I would look forward to an afternoon ride or even a weekend trip with a few friends, but would probably not attend an event with hundreds, or even thousands, in attendance.

As a vendor, my (our) day rides would not interest you. Since your attendance at a rally likely involves space rental that you need to recover in sales, I might suggest saving the rental expense and maybe offering a "rally discount" direct from your website.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I always buy online anyway, so it makes no difference to me. I won't be attending any events until this pandemic is no longer a threat to my health. I'm okay with that.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At this time and in the near future, no. As far as the future, it's wait and see and hoping.

Spyder Garage

We’re keeping our fingers crossed that in 5 or 6 months things can get back to somewhat normal and we can freely visit with our fellow riders again, until then we’re keeping our distance.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Short answer, NO, not at this time.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

My short answer also, is NO

Spyder Garage

I agree w/- UtahPete. Lost a Marine friend from NYC yesterday to Covid-19.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If stay at home orders are lifted and it is deemed safe to travel we will absolutely be attending events.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

For now, crowds from all over seem to be the trigger that gets the hotspots going.

For now, we are avoiding crowds and will not be attending any events until the all clear is given and it is proven to us that further infections are not occurring.

Both of us are in the "magic" age and have at least two aggravating symptoms that are causing death to those that catch the virus. I am very afraid what will happen if either of us catch CV.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No, not at least for the foreseeable future. Fall, maybe, next summer, likely yes

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Maybe next year.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

My short answer is NO.

If and when the "Stay At Home" orders are lifted we would take local rides and stay close to home for awhile.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

We would not attend any events until this pandemic is complete.

As a matter of fact, I believe that all of Canada is under a mandatory "Stay at home" order. Some provinces (like ours here in Nova Scotia) are really clamped down so this does not get out of control here. We have had our spring events and shows around here canceled long before they they were mandated closed. We realize the benefits of everyone keeping to them selves at this point.

Tim
    Current - 2010 Spyder RTS

1) Experience is something you don't get until after you need it.
    2) A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
    ___

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Please check out my pics!!

Spyder Garage

We won't be going to any type of gathering, until this CV stuff is cleared up!! Never thought I'd see this country with a problem like this. Everyone be safe, and stay well.
    "One that never made a mistake, has never accomplished anything"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

NO, not until this thing blows over.