Spyder Garage

Default Monster Fuel Injection ECU Tune Stage 2

Hi Everyone,

I have been trolling this forum for few years, I have owned 2012 RTS for about 3 years and since my ownership, I have pretty much done most of the mods available for this MY. Most mods were for the looks, comfort, convenience and some for performance. I just recently had the ECU sent to Monster Fuel Injection for their 998cc stage 2 mod. Well, I am happy to post that it has totally exceeded my expectation. This really is how the trike should have come from the factory. It is amazingly different now, more bottom, mid and top end power and torque. So much more fun to ride now that it just gets up and goes. I was planning on upgrading to 1330 this late spring but now I think I might keep my RTS bit longer. I will post some pics tomorrow when it stops raining here in the Rose City. I have really enjoyed this community and things I have learned from others who have shared.

Thank you.

BTW - if you own this MY 998, removing the ECU will make you lose your mind.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PDXSPYDERRT View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I have been trolling this forum for few years, I have owned 2012 RTS for about 3 years and since my ownership, I have pretty much done most of the mods available for this MY. Most mods were for the looks, comfort, convenience and some for performance. I just recently had the ECU sent to Monster Fuel Injection for their 998cc stage 2 mod. Well, I am happy to post that it has totally exceeded my expectation. This really is how the trike should have come from the factory. It is amazingly different now, more bottom, mid and top end power and torque. So much more fun to ride now that it just gets up and goes. I was planning on upgrading to 1330 this late spring but now I think I might keep my RTS bit longer. I will post some pics tomorrow when it stops raining here in the Rose City. I have really enjoyed this community and things I have learned from others who have shared.

Thank you.

BTW - if you own this MY 998, removing the ECU will make you lose your mind.
    ..... I had an 08 GS and a 11 RSS ..... and modified the OEM air intake on both, to get ambient temp Air ..... the rubber snorkel on the right side was only about one in. from the reservoir..... the air that went in was very, very hot ...... I shortened it and using 4in. alumin dryer hose I made a connection to the right side Air Scoop. Because the Monster ECU wasn't discovered yet, I seriously doubt there was any performance increase ..... however I think your Spyder could greatly benefit from doing this Mod ..... good luck .... Mike