Thread: F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Limited

You know what pisses me off.

You buy an F3 Limited top of the line for F3. Doesn't come standard with fog lights.
    That's BS in my opinion. I know they want to make money on accessories but come on little ridiculous

My opinion~

Spyder Garage

100% agree with you!!
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    You know what pisses me off.

You buy an F3 Limited top of the line for F3. Doesn't come standard with fog lights.
    That's BS in my opinion. I know they want to make money on accessories but come on little ridiculous

My opinion~

You knew it didn't have them so why did you buy it, or was it just to bitch about it after you bought it.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here’s my take on it, they want you to have a reason to visit your dealer other than for maintenance. I know many of us add them ourselves but the majority probably goes to the dealer. On the 2020RT there are auxiliary lights that don’t come stock on the limited but there is a blank for the switch.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

There are umpteen sources for lights that can go in those locations, some plug and play like the ones BRP offers for an outrageous price, or Spyder Extras lights with DRLs for a fraction of that cost. There are others, go on to banggood.com enter motorcycle LED lights and there are dozens for surprisingly low prices.
    Before you piss and moan about anything, stop and think - how can I resolve this? That's how inventions happen, or at least good ideas. I wasn't happy with the OEM horn and wanted something louder. Did I piss and moan about that on this forum? Hell no! I found a way to install a loud pair of horns. It wasn't easy, but I considered it a challenge and now I have, get the hell out of my way honkers. If this 83 year old can do this, so can you buy, and install those lights and quit bitching. Sheesh!
    HORN PROJECT 11.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I will get from the dealer.
    I ordered foot pegs # 5 position long reach bars and drivers backrest, Which none of it was installed or with it when delivered. They sent everything but long reach bars i installed myself. They still owe me the bars. I'm happy with stock bars so will see what i can work out with them for fog lights

Spyder Garage

Check out the Rivco Lights https://www.rivcoproducts.com/shop/c...imited-models/

They seriously friggin bright driving lights not fog lights like every other brand out there. These bad boys light farther than the head lights do even with LED conversions.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    There are umpteen sources for lights that can go in those locations, some plug and play like the ones BRP offers for an outrageous price, or Spyder Extras lights with DRLs for a fraction of that cost. There are others, go on to banggood.com enter motorcycle LED lights and there are dozens for surprisingly low prices.
    Before you piss and moan about anything, stop and think - how can I resolve this? That's how inventions happen, or at least good ideas. I wasn't happy with the OEM horn and wanted something louder. Did I piss and moan about that on this forum? Hell no! I found a way to install a loud pair of horns. It wasn't easy, but I considered it a challenge and now I have, get the hell out of my way honkers. If this 83 year old can do this, so can you buy, and install those lights and quit bitching. Sheesh!
    HORN PROJECT 11.jpg
    You totally missed the point. This is a limited and all the blank spaces should have the accessories installed in them. Or, don't call it the top of the line limited. In comparing to an RT limited a perspective buyer shouldn't have to study an F3 Limited to see what's not installed. It's a price point and model labeling complaint. Not a bitch about having to install aftermarket products.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    You totally missed the point. This is a limited and all the blank spaces should have the accessories installed in them. Or, don't call it the top of the line limited. In comparing to an RT limited a perspective buyer shouldn't have to study an F3 Limited to see what's not installed. It's a price point and model labeling complaint. Not a bitch about having to install aftermarket products.
    To quote a rather trite saying; It is what it is. Or more correctly; It was what it was...on the showroom floor. Mine is aF3L also and I was perfectly aware what it came with and what it didn't. Personally, I like that I was able to select the fog lights of my choice and at what price point. I did my homework prior to buying and had no negative surprises. I'm enthralled with my F3L in every way. I'm sorry that you aren't.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

There is a lot of that going around. I had the auxillary lights and the signature light installed. I paid for the items and the install part was free on my deal. Same deal on brake pedal and short reach bars. Mine came ready to go when the delivery process was complete.

An additional gripe for me is the seats. OEM's, IMO, are not good. I changed mine out for a Cannonball Cross Country at 500 miles. Paid for the seat, got free shipping and installed myself.

One would think that on a LTD everything would be included. With BRP, it is not.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I changed mine out for a Cannonball Cross Country at 500 miles. Paid for the seat, got free shipping and installed myself.

One would think that on a LTD everything would be included. With BRP, it is not.
    I bought the cannonball seats. The rear worked out well for my passenger as it has a nice formed pocket. However, I went back to the stock seat as it seemed more plush? Maybe I should have another go at the cannonball front seat and break it in a bit?
    At least you understand the complaint the thread was about. Being short changed on LTD for a very expensive product.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    I bought the cannonball seats. The rear worked out well for my passenger as it has a nice formed pocket. However, I went back to the stock seat as it seemed more plush? Maybe I should have another go at the cannonball front seat and break it in a bit?
    At least you understand the complaint the thread was about. Being short changed on LTD for a very expensive product.
    About 200 miles on the Cannonball and I liked it even better.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red