Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Easy & in-expensive anti- virus Mask

Saw this on F*x news .... take a full size paper towel ..... fold it in half ..... then start folding it upon itself ( accordion style ) .... so it's a 3/4 in. strip ..... take a small rubber band, put it at the end, then fold it over and staple it .... repeat at other end ..... open it up at the center .... put the rubber bands over each ear ..... and YES this isn't surgical grade .... however the CDC said it will prevent most ways you might get the virus under normal circumstances ..... stay safe ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Great, now there won't be no toilet paper nor no paper towels in the stores!
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Don't know about down in the swamp, but just about everywhere else the paper towels vanished at the same time as the toilet paper. People are definitely going off the deep end over this.

Thanks for the tip Mike, it might come in handy.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Good one BLUEKNIGHT911. I'm in absolute agreement that anything is better than nothing.

I've absolutely lost confidence in the WHO, CDC and now out Surgeon General for telling us normal folks that a mask won't do us any good, while we watch with our lying eyes every first responder wearing the same masks the three mentioned above told us wouldn't work.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Good one BLUEKNIGHT911. I'm in absolute agreement that anything is better than nothing.

I've absolutely lost confidence in the WHO, CDC and now out Surgeon General for telling us normal folks that a mask won't do us any good, while we watch with our lying eyes every first responder wearing the same masks the three mentioned above told us wouldn't work.
    First responders can't and don't follow the 6' rule. They have to get up close and personal to effectively do their job. Does that answer your question?

Spyder Garage

Sounds Great! And, in a pinch. It can be used on the other end as well!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Now that's funny right there.......
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think you mean AFTER a pinch!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Remove staples first .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Lol. I have a roll in the back of each of my vehicles in case of emergency.

Seriously though there are people using bandanas the same way.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post

.......... " IF " you happen to have one...... I think 99.999999% of the population has paper towels ...... jmho ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post

Yes - Deb and myself both using our BUFF bandanas. Turned outside in to double the coverage.

Spyder Garage

I'd certainly take the staples out first!
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Now that was funny!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HayRog View Post
    Yes - Deb and myself both using our BUFF bandanas. Turned outside in to double the coverage.
    Bleedin'eck!! I hope you're washing those BUFF bandanas!!

Or have I just got things 'a over t's bass ackwards'?!?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

A question to all who have read this thread. .....If you have read all the comments by all the posters .... why do you think it went SOUTH ???? ... How many comments do you think thru this thread OFF - the - tracks ???? .... Do you think the reason I started this Thread - was STUPID ???? .... I'm thinking I should have posted it in " The Joke Forum " ..... because that's where most of the comments ended up reflecting ..... [COLOR="#0000FF"]PS, I don't think I'm a genius or that I have all the answers and in the past I have said my share of Dumb things. I have made an effort to stay in my lane ( so to speak ) ....... perhaps we all need to have a bit of self-refection as we go forward ..... stay safe ...... Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yah, stick a coffee filter between the bandanna and U’re nose & mouth... but that means there will be a run on coffee filters!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    A question to all who have read this thread. .....If you have read all the comments by all the posters .... why do you think it went SOUTH ???? ... How many comments do you think thru this thread OFF - the - tracks ???? .... Do you think the reason I started this Thread - was STUPID ???? .... I'm thinking I should have posted it in " The Joke Forum " ..... because that's where most of the comments ended up reflecting ..... PS, I don't think I'm a genius or that I have all the answers and in the past I have said my share of Dumb things. I have made an effort to stay in my lane ( so to speak ) ....... perhaps we all need to have a bit of self-refection as we go forward ..... stay safe ...... Mike

Point taken Mike, and I apologise for my contribution to de-railing your thread. It certainly IS a serious thing facing us all and your original post may well help many. Thank you very much for taking the time and making the effort to do that. However, I think that some 'levity in the face of adversity' can be a good thing for us all too. We really don't want to concentrate on the 'doom and gloom' to the exception of all else. Life still goes on, and a bit of light humour &/or entertainment is not only important to the well being of everyone, it also helps get the serious messages across, even if we may have over-stepped the bounds in this instance.

So for that, I personally do apologise, but I'd still like to think that we can all benefit greatly if only we can maintain a little light-heartedness and tolerate a little levity and humour in our lives, even now, in the face of this particularly nasty pandemic. We don't need to neglect all appreciation of joy and the other good things in life just to show that we understand how serious this pandemic is; and we can surely all make a little bit of an effort to step back a pace (good social distancing practice) and look at all the things surrounding us that we can still appreciate.

Ryde Safe, Stay Healthy.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Point taken Mike, and I apologise for my contribution to de-railing your thread. It certainly IS a serious thing facing us all and your original post may well help many. Thank you very much for taking the time and making the effort to do that. However, I think that some 'levity in the face of adversity' can be a good thing for us all too. We really don't want to concentrate on the 'doom and gloom' to the exception of all else. Life still goes on, and a bit of light humour &/or entertainment is not only important to the well being of everyone, it also helps get the serious messages across, even if we may have over-stepped the bounds in this instance.

So for that, I personally do apologise, but I'd still like to think that we can all benefit greatly if only we can maintain a little light-heartedness and tolerate a little levity and humour in our lives, even now, in the face of this particularly nasty pandemic. We don't need to neglect all appreciation of joy and the other good things in life just to show that we understand how serious this pandemic is; and we can surely all make a little bit of an effort to step back a pace (good social distancing practice) and look at all the things surrounding us that we can still appreciate.

Ryde Safe, Stay Healthy.
    I'm very surprised to see that the quoted POST is still on the site ..... after I typed it .... I re-thought it and deleted every word ..... so why it still appeared is a mystery to me ..... but thanks for your comments ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Hell, I tried it. I used a Scotts paper shop towel and cut it in half. Rounded the corners and stapled on the rubber bands. The blue towel color makes it look more official

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue