Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Great day to ride however...

Day 1 of the mandatory stay at home order, no stress reduction rides. I know I'm not the only one in this situation. Weather permitting, I will be able to do short rides to work it's considered an essential business (grocery store). Everyone be safe. Dale

Spyder Garage

Well, I've been wondering about this, I'm glad you brought this up. If a person were to go for a ride around town/the neighborhood with the intent of not coming in contact with anyone, would this be acceptable? I understand the essential trips and errands protocol. But if you were to jump on your Spyder and go for a ride without a destination and no contact with other humans, does that make you a risk? Just asking for a friend.

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

No human contact = no risk (unless you stop for gas, a drive through coffee, etc etc)

Might be you should put a bag or two of non-perishables in the frunk, in case you are stopped....

In all seriousness... as hard as it is... I think we are close to a tipping point with this plague and we all may have to just accept hunkering down for a spell and let it peak and fade.

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have a stay-at-home order here in NC, too. I called the local cop shop (I know a few of them) and asked if I could ride. The answer was nobody was going to pull me over unless I was breaking the law (i.e. speeding, etc) and I was maintaining social distancing (i.e. not riding in a group). I'm going on a ride in the morning although I may stick closer to home than I normally do. If NC can consider a liquor store and gun store "essential" businesses (and they are, IMHO ), I can go for a ride to clear my mind.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    We have a stay-at-home order here in NC, too. I called the local cop shop (I know a few of them) and asked if I could ride. The answer was nobody was going to pull me over unless I was breaking the law (i.e. speeding, etc) and I was maintaining social distancing (i.e. not riding in a group). I'm going on a ride in the morning although I may stick closer to home than I normally do. If NC can consider a liquor store and gun store "essential" businesses (and they are, IMHO ), I can go for a ride to clear my mind.
    That's the way i see it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    Day 1 of the mandatory stay at home order, no stress reduction rides. I know I'm not the only one in this situation. Weather permitting, I will be able to do short rides to work it's considered an essential business (grocery store). Everyone be safe. Dale
    I am in my 10th day of Stay at home order( per the governor). Only going out for the essentials in car, my spyder is in hibernation.

Everyone stay healthy! We will get thru this pandemic together, Stay strong!
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

IMO...each person has to consider the legal and moral implications of their actions.

That is way above my pay grade...so I am not going to try to justify any side of the argument.

Be safe, and avoid catching the virus.

IMO...there is no one "right" answer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Here's how I see it: If the Governor has declared a stay-at-home order except for essential trips (groceries, pharmacy, etc) then that means stay at home. Don't go out for a ride, just stay home.

2017 Can-Am Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Take the longer route to the grocery store, pharmacy or gas station.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Hey this is America.... stay at home means do what ever you want... Why do we have the most cases of this in the world? Maybe we should consider that while we are out riding... The virus doesn't move it's self, we move it.. Sure social/physical distancing is one part, the other is to STAY AT HOME... Don't spread it.. Your duty to the community is greater than ones personal needs...
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

We are also in a lockdown in the state of TN, except of course for "essential" things....the usual grocery store, Pharmacy, Dr. visits, fuel, going to work in an essentially mandated job. The way I see it, pretty much all of the above "essential" things put you at some degree of risk, depending of course on the amount of other human contact and the distance. Going for a motorcycle ride by yourself and not with others, to me, would be safer than any of the other things listed if you do not go somewhere that there are crowds and gatherings. I do think that we all need to use some common sense in this (which seems to also be in short supply like some of the medical items). Common sense tells me that a solo (or with the person you live with....husband, wife, etc) ride is not doing anything that would increase your risk to exposure, and in fact, would be less risk than grocery shopping. YMMV!

Spyder Garage

Riding may be one of the only means of stress relief from the insanity of all this that some people have. With that in mind, check out this plan. If I have to burn off steam, I'll plan a loop around small towns. I'll bring my mask and gloves, as well as hand sanitizing stuff. I'll bring water and anything else I need for the trip. If stopped by the enforcement agencies, I'll reference what every state has proclaimed; "necessary items (rubbing alcohol)". I'll then reference that I didn't want to go to the major city or town due to infection rate. Last stop would be a gas pump before heading to home, all the while practicing extreme social distancing and sterility. Sanity maintained/restored. Just be aware that a minor bang up could result in a trip to the hospital, which right now is a bad thing. Practice extreme caution if you must go.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
    We are also in a lockdown in the state of TN, except of course for "essential" things....the usual grocery store, Pharmacy, Dr. visits, fuel, going to work in an essentially mandated job. The way I see it, pretty much all of the above "essential" things put you at some degree of risk, depending of course on the amount of other human contact and the distance. Going for a motorcycle ride by yourself and not with others, to me, would be safer than any of the other things listed if you do not go somewhere that there are crowds and gatherings. I do think that we all need to use some common sense in this (which seems to also be in short supply like some of the medical items). Common sense tells me that a solo (or with the person you live with....husband, wife, etc) ride is not doing anything that would increase your risk to exposure, and in fact, would be less risk than grocery shopping. YMMV!
    I totally agree with you, and as for me I am going to continue to ride when I want to and avoid the crowds and use common sense.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Accidents happen even to be best of us. What if someone is out driving and is involved in an accident, it may involve police, paramedics, fire department, and tow trucks, this forces congregation of people to help. If it involves serious injury that hospital personnel move into the picture. All these essential people are needed for others who get sick and can't drive themselves to the hospital. Please just stay at home till we defeat this virus and then all can go about our daily lives.
    Just my .02 cents

Be safe!!

Arcamguy
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Spyder Garage

Interesting......out here in Aus, the National and state authorities have decreed that getting exercise is essential in the current environment, along with going out to get essential services like food, medical help or supplies etc, and they have agreed that motorcycle riding is exercise (both mental and physical). As long as you use common sense and do not congregate with others, they have no issue with doing hour long laps. BUT......we do not have the high level of infection that you guys are experiencing, either, so it is not actually called a “lockdown”, but a “stay home unless otherwise approved”.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderider1 View Post
    Well, I've been wondering about this, I'm glad you brought this up. If a person were to go for a ride around town/the neighborhood with the intent of not coming in contact with anyone, would this be acceptable? I understand the essential trips and errands protocol. But if you were to jump on your Spyder and go for a ride without a destination and no contact with other humans, does that make you a risk? Just asking for a friend.
    Depends on the state and the wording in the order, and the mood of the enforcing officials. Here in Idaho fishing is allowed so one could put a fishing license in his pocket, fishing gear on his Spyder, and head to the river, short way, long way, whichever way he wants. Although one could probably have some explaining to do if he's ridden a hundred miles to get to a fishing hole ten miles away!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

If you are allowed to go out walking, running, bicycling, roller blading, dog walking, hiking, I see no reason why you would not be allowed to go out for a joy ride on a motorcycle or car for that matter.
    Mental health is just as essential as eating and drinking. You are not putting anyone at risk riding your Spyder alone. Except to stop for gas in which case you can properly practice social distancing and hand sanitizing.

Spyder Garage

I put this up on anther post - The governor of Missouri set out a "Stay At Home" order this past Friday. If you're interested in the details you can enter Missouri Stay At Home Order in your search engine. --You can probably enter any state name and get info for that state.-- The portion applicable to this discussion is:

The Order does not prohibit Missourians from accessing essential services, such as grocery stores, gas stations, and banks, or engaging in outdoor recreation, provided that necessary precautions are taken and maintained to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, including observing the social gathering and social distancing requirements set forth in the Order.

According to this order the outdoor recreation would include riding in your car, running, bicycling, etc.- which would include motorcycling- are OK as long as limited social gathering [not more than 10 people at an outdoor event] and social distancing [keep at least 6' away from anyone else except immediate family] are observed.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Totally agree with you!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkryder View Post
    I put this up on anther post - The governor of Missouri set out a "Stay At Home" order this past Friday. If you're interested in the details you can enter Missouri Stay At Home Order in your search engine. --You can probably enter any state name and get info for that state.-- The portion applicable to this discussion is:

The Order does not prohibit Missourians from accessing essential services, such as grocery stores, gas stations, and banks, or engaging in outdoor recreation, provided that necessary precautions are taken and maintained to reduce the transmission of COVID-19, including observing the social gathering and social distancing requirements set forth in the Order.

According to this order the outdoor recreation would include riding in your car, running, bicycling, etc.- which would include motorcycling- are OK as long as limited social gathering [not more than 10 people at an outdoor event] and social distancing [keep at least 6' away from anyone else except immediate family] are observed.
    That is exactly what we've been doing....three rides in four days!

Spyder Garage

That is exactly what we've been doing....three rides in four days!
    Us too! 75 miles today, up to Mt. Rushmore (still there, no masks on the faces) and Iron Mt. road just make sure it was open.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

we had to go over 130 miles yesterday looking for groceries and tp. never found
    any and never came close to another human. except for a drive thru to take a
    sandwich home. did a lot of back roads. sunny and mid seventies in nw ill. didnt
    even see a police car !
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]