Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Well, first of all, it was not my statement. I was simply repeating what some, who claim to be familiar with the demographic running the numbers up, have said. Personally, I have no idea. The background check numbers are accurate and come from official data which is public information.

Of course you can't shoot a virus. No one, including myself, would make such a ludicrous assertion. What people are concerned with, according to at least some in the industry, is anarchy. People have already broken out in fights over toilet paper in stores. Others have been robbed of their goods in the parking lot. Rare, I would say. But sensational enough that the news media made sure everyone was aware.

The number of people in this country who live hand to mouth, who could run out of basics in a matter of days and seek to resupply by any means necessary, does have some people, especially in big cities, a bit nervous. I am not saying this will happen. It's just a somewhat prominent theory as to why the huge increase in gun and ammunition sales. Couple this with recent attempts to legislate away the 2nd Amendment in some areas. All occurring about the same time. And you have, at least, a reasonable answer for the incredible numbers. Something is driving it. And the timing is, at least, very suspicious.

All I am saying is that, without a doubt, the numbers are up. And this is likely to bode well for support of the 2nd Amendment going forward.

It may also be a sign that Americans are realizing that Government may not be able to protect them in every situation. That at least some are taking steps to provide themselves personal and family protection instead of relying on government to be there when needed. When you take in the bigger picture, this Corona Virus is only a part of the overall equation.
    I've edited my original post to clarify my statement. I hope that will suffice.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Comments from a couple of people who I respect. But, let's get back to our regularly scheduled topic. My intent of this thread was to keep it light, positive, insightful, and maybe with a little humor. We all need that now..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I got introduced to "Itchy Boots" and now have the time to binge watch. Love those big China Blue eyes. "let's Go"

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I got introduced to "Itchy Boots" and now have the time to binge watch. Love those big China Blue eyes. "let's Go"
    I knew nothing about Itchy Boots until I read this. I am now up to episode #100! Interesting tour of the world most of us will never see. Thanks for the introduction..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi