Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Positive things from the Pandemic

A couple of positive observations;

Less air pollution. The earth's lungs are being cleansed while our cars are sitting in the garage.

Barbers and hairstylists will have a tremendous increase in business when we get back to normal. There will be a lot of self-imposed haircuts that will need to be fixed.

Any others.....? Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Introverts are feeling smug.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Preppers of all persuasions are feeling really vindicated!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Bats will be able to rebuild their numbers.

2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Catching up on reading and communication with the family.
    Learning new apps on the computer.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

.. and we are still allowed to leave the house here in Austria to buy food - good to have a Topcase !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caaA-pbRrsY
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Toilet paper manufacturers can double their sales numbers for a year.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

This past week, did not receive one Robo call

Spyder Garage

The house and the firearms are cleaner than ever.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Those home projects that have been put off for a long time are getting done.

My filing system has been updated and the office/music room looks pretty good now.

I have a beautiful lawn again.

I am reading more. Now to get back on track with the music practice.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

When I go out for exercise on my bicycle people tend to be friendlier and wave or acknowledge each other. Every Friday at 5 the people on my block stay 6+ feet apart but gather in loose group and bring a libation of their choice. We are getting to know people we hadn't met.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'm one of those people that never balances his checkbook. I make sure there's enough in there to cover expenses but I'm never sure of the exact amount. Today, with all this time on my hands I balanced the little bugger and I found $349 that I didn't know I had. So that's a positive thing I guess.

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Learning not to rely on the rest if the world for our vital necessities.

Spyder Garage

Crime?
    1. Street crimes might be down because there are less people on the street. Bad guys are easier to spot.
    2. Burglary is down because everyone is home.
    3. Domestic violence is up because people are cooped up together for too long.
    4. Police are making arrests for only serious offenses to avoid crowding in jail.
    5. Police are not stopping motorists for minor infractions. Keeping their distance.

These are just a few points gleaned from my police friends. As things get worse we may see another shift in behavior.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

I'm finally learning SolidWorks Flow Simulation. I'm trying to complete some CFD work on my airplane project.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Drove by a house today and seen a guy kick his door open. Stopped and ask if everything was ok.
    He said yes he was a burglar and was working from home

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    Drove by a house today and seen a guy kick his door open. Stopped and ask if everything was ok.
    He said yes he was a burglar and was working from home

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

Liquor stores.....

I heard about a guy who went to the liquor store for a 2 week supply 3 times this week!!!!!

Or the guy who said "I'm giving up drinking for a month" But there was an error in punctuation. What he meant was "I'm giving up". "Drinking for a month".

Everyone stay safe and keep a sense of humor as much as you can. This is ugly and getting uglier but I am convinced we will come through and be stronger than before. I pray for those affected and hope we can each bring a little sunshine into the lives of others. Sermon over..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    Crime?
    1. Street crimes might be down because there are less people on the street. Bad guys are easier to spot.
    2. Burglary is down because everyone is home.
    3. Domestic violence is up because people are cooped up together for too long.
    4. Police are making arrests for only serious offenses to avoid crowding in jail.
    5. Police are not stopping motorists for minor infractions. Keeping their distance.

These are just a few points gleaned from my police friends. As things get worse we may see another shift in behavior.
    Add suicides might be up, because people can't handle any more of this pandemic.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Add suicides might be up, because people can't handle any more of this pandemic.

Deanna
    Positive things from the Pandemic Everyone has their Owen idea what that means, But no one should ever think this. Please call someone and talk if you or someone you know feels this way.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

"Essential workers" are finally being noticed in our busy world. The ones who are making $12/hr are keeping the nation running. Finally, those in "The Trades" are getting the spotlight......when this is all over.....what will happen. Will the nation wake up, or go back to business as usual? I have a hunch there are a lot of little projects and honey do lists getting knocked out...LOL....good time of year for it I suppose.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Our dogs love it! Daily walks, multiple innings of fetch the ball, treats, training, grooming. Yes, we are spoiling them. Yes, they don’t seem to mind!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Silver linings can be very subjective. A silver lining for one can be a black cloud for another. But here is a very interesting fact for those who appreciate our 2nd amendment. And a direct reaction to our current situation.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation performed an estimated 2.375 million background checks for gun sales, the record for a single month since the modern background check system was instituted in 1998, according to a new analysis. Last March, the FBI performed 1.3 million.

It is also interesting that according to some unverifiable, anecdotal sources. Much of this has been driven by those, here-to-fore opposed to gun ownership. Maybe there is an increased appreciation for this very precious freedom.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Silver linings can be very subjective. A silver lining for one can be a black cloud for another. But here is a very interesting fact for those who appreciate our 2nd amendment. And a direct reaction to our current situation.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation performed an estimated 2.375 million background checks for gun sales, the record for a single month since the modern background check system was instituted in 1998, according to a new analysis. Last March, the FBI performed 1.3 million.

It is also interesting that according to some unverifiable, anecdotal sources. Much of this has been driven by those, here-to-fore opposed to gun ownership. Maybe there is an increased appreciation for this very precious freedom.
    Ron, I have to question the statement (which you have acknowledged to be anecdotal, but it is gaining traction in some circles) that much of the increase in gun purchases is driven by 'here-to-fore opposed to gun ownership'.

I have my ear pretty close to the ground with that demographic and what I'm hearing and reading consistently is an incredulity that gun owners think stocking up further is a rational reaction to this pandemic. I mean, really - how is buying more guns and ammo going to keep anyone safer from an invisible 'enemy' like the Novel Coronavirus? Not even the NRA is suggesting that.

I believe you to be an intelligent, thoughtful contributor on this forum, so I'm interested to hear what you think is going on.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Ron, I have to question your statement that much of the increase in gun purchases is driven by 'here-to-fore opposed to gun ownership'. I have my ear pretty close to the ground with that demographic and what I'm hearing pretty consistently is an incredulity that gun owners think stocking up further is a rational reaction to this pandemic. I mean, really - how is buying more guns and ammo going to keep anyone safer from an invisible 'enemy' like the Novel Coronavirus? Not even the NRA is suggesting that.
    Well, first of all, it was not my statement. I was simply repeating what some, who claim to be familiar with the demographic running the numbers up, have said. Personally, I have no idea. The background check numbers are accurate and come from official data which is public information.

Of course you can't shoot a virus. No one, including myself, would make such a ludicrous assertion. What people are concerned with, according to at least some in the industry, is anarchy. People have already broken out in fights over toilet paper in stores. Others have been robbed of their goods in the parking lot. Rare, I would say. But sensational enough that the news media made sure everyone was aware.

The number of people in this country who live hand to mouth, who could run out of basics in a matter of days and seek to resupply by any means necessary, does have some people, especially in big cities, a bit nervous. I am not saying this will happen. It's just a somewhat prominent theory as to why the huge increase in gun and ammunition sales. Couple this with recent attempts to legislate away the 2nd Amendment in some areas. All occurring about the same time. And you have, at least, a reasonable answer for the incredible numbers. Something is driving it. And the timing is, at least, very suspicious.

All I am saying is that, without a doubt, the numbers are up. And this is likely to bode well for support of the 2nd Amendment going forward.

It may also be a sign that Americans are realizing that Government may not be able to protect them in every situation. That at least some are taking steps to provide themselves personal and family protection instead of relying on government to be there when needed. When you take in the bigger picture, this Corona Virus is only a part of the overall equation.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 04-04-2020 at 08:34 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...