Thread: Gas Door link?

Spyder Garage

Default Gas Door link?

I have done a ton of searches. Plenty of posts about fuel doors and how to install. That's not my question. Seems that the last gas door links were from 2017 and none of them work now for eBay. I even typed in every number I can find, nothing opens anymore on eBay. Which gas door do I need for the RT comfort seat? Here is one link that does work but it was from 2016 with a bit different number. there was no confirmation this was the correct door. I can't seem to find sizes to match any previous posts. I have a 2017 RTL with comfort seat. When I type in eBay "Bully GD-301P Billet Aluminum Fuel door." I get a ton but nothing matches GD-301. Looking for chrome with no lock. Which fuel door do I need? Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just enter either " Fuel door or Gas door " in the search box ..... I just sent someone there last week and they found it ..... I posted the " How To " for this item .... I did about 25 or so as a vendor ...... good luck .... PS I did a bunch of research for this item ... forget " BULLY " they are 3 or 4 times as much as what I paid for a billet aluminum door and the re-sellers buy from about 4 manufactures .... make sure you are not buying a " COVER " .... older Fortd F-150's work best ( 90 to 2003 ?? ) Mike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I have done a ton of searches. Plenty of posts about fuel doors and how to install. That's not my question. Seems that the last gas door links were from 2017 and none of them work now for eBay. I even typed in every number I can find, nothing opens anymore on eBay. Which gas door do I need for the RT comfort seat? Here is one link that does work but it was from 2016 with a bit different number. there was no confirmation this was the correct door. I can't seem to find sizes to match any previous posts. I have a 2017 RTL with comfort seat. When I type in eBay "Bully GD-301P Billet Aluminum Fuel door." I get a ton but nothing matches GD-301. Looking for chrome with no lock. Which fuel door do I need? Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The one from Amazon looks a lot like it's just a COVER ..... Bully doesn't sell the REAL doors for that price ...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Just enter either " Fuel door or Gas door " in the search box ..... I just sent someone there last week and they found it ..... I posted the " How To " for this item .... I did about 25 or so as a vendor ...... good luck .... PS I did a bunch of research for this item ... forget " BULLY " they are 3 or 4 times as much as what I paid for a billet aluminum door and the re-sellers buy from about 4 manufactures .... make sure you are not buying a " COVER " .... older Fortd F-150's work best ( 90 to 2003 ?? ) Mike
    Mike, I'm ready to do this mod on my 2014rt. When I do a search on Amazon I come up with same Bully door as the OP referred to. Others go for over $80.

Isn't a door all I need? What did you use when you were selling installs?

Also, do you have a link to your D-I-Y instructions?

Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Pete, I ended up buying it from eBay. Don’t quote me but I think it was a Chevy surburban model. I went to my notifications to send you the exact link but for some reason all my inbox messages are deleted accept for the last year. Spyderlovers must only keep inbox for 365 days. I sent the link to another member a while back. I had a lot more messages than I do now. I believe It was $35 and it was the chrome bully suburban gas door.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I think this is it. I remember the 1999 suburban but I can’t guarantee it. Sorry I don’t know how I lost all my old notifications.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/20331421751...4AAOSwpMtgWSIY

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I went to my notifications to send you the exact link but for some reason all my inbox messages are deleted accept for the last year. Spyderlovers must only keep inbox for 365 days. I sent the link to another member a while back. I had a lot more messages than I do now.
    Anthony did a purge quite some time back during a system upgrade, or something of the sort. Obviously you missed his notice and warnings about it and so did not download and save all your old emails. The limit is 1000 messages now.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)