SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Ok all you biker folks ....... What is it

OK All
    Here is a little something to work on, do you know what this bike is ?
    Guess what this is.jpg
    I will send the 1st. person to guess what it is...a
    special prize
    Dave

Spyder Garage

Looks like a very fast. Very uncomfortable ride...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

It's a Honda, Cafe racer of some sort, custom maybe...1000 to 1200cc, 90's bike
    2015 F3SE6 , White with orange frame

Spyder Garage

Triumph Z17
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Z 17 is the builder
    2009 Roadster SM5 , Silver and Black

Spyder Garage

BMW K100/75 cafe racer
    2020 Petrol Metallic RT-Limited Dark Edition

2014 Silver Platinum Satin RT-Limited SE6 Project Road Warrior Edition (previous ride)

2009 Red SM5 (Previous Ride)

Retired MSgt ('89-'13) U.S. Air Force - A-10 Crew Chief

Spyder Garage

Honda ST 1300
    2018 F3 , Full size brake pedal Black

Spyder Garage

I am pretty good at bikes, but cannot give you this one off the top of my head. Not going to look it up for the answer.

The prize can go to another lucky customer.

Thanks for the diversion though. We can sure use it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Honda ST1100 Pan European #7 | Z17 Customs, 1993. It's been modernized quite a bit!

You can find it here: https://www.recklesswolverines.com/h...00-paneuropean

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Maybe an MV Augusta ????? or V4 Augusta ( possible spelling error ???? ) .............. Mike ....

Spyder Garage

BMW K100 Z17.1 "LUX"

The Z17.1 combines classic cafe racer lines with modern city cruisers. Despite looking like a work of art, it is a trusted daily rider and not an exhibition toy.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Here is a Google translation, sans photos, of the web page I link to above.

RECKLESS WOLVERINES

Developments

Projects

Information

Contacts

More

Vkontakte App Icon
    Instagram Classic
    Facebook app icon
    Twitter App Icon

1993 Honda ST1100 Pan European | Z17 Customs | Moscow, Russia

Not so long ago, on the pages of the MotoExpert magazine, I told you about the Dutchman Rule Scheffers project, built on the basis of the Yamaha GTS 1000 tourist. Then it seemed that in the future we would not see a large number of enthusiasts ready to remake bulky heavy cars. There was some underestimation of the emerging trend in this assumption.

A.

The end of January is perhaps the most boring time for us. Only the holidays have passed, and all new motorcycles are still in operation. But, apparently, not all had a rest. Because we still got one call. A message about the finished project came from the Z17 customs workshop.

A.

We know the guys for more than a year and, frankly, expected to see something on the basis of the next "Bavarian handsome" BMW K100. But the photo sent in advance to us by mail was clearly not German. Actually, the model was not immediately recognized at all. The intrigue, searches in Google, we decided not to destroy and went to visit the guys.

A.

“Can you guess the manufacturer?” - was the first question that Sergey, the author of the motorcycle, asked us at the meeting. Imagine a rather massive carafer with a 4-cylinder V-shaped engine and you will understand our confusion! For some characteristic details, it was clear that this was a Honda, but we still did not recognize the model.

“Before you is a 1993 Honda ST1100 Pan European sports tourist,” Sergey finished our torment. Yes, we have never seen this motorcycle “naked”. After all, the whole body kit from him went to the secondary market. The goal was a cafeter, as light as possible compared to a donor weighing about 300 kg. Therefore, for the implementation of the project idea, plastic was completely unnecessary.

It seems that its presence once spurred Honda to save. Asymmetrical frame, ugly welds, no attention to detail. All this could not just be left on display, had to make large lining of six millimeter aluminum.

But it was these details, having received a rather unusual color and holes covered with a net from below, that became a key element of our motorcycle design.

In the same style, they decorated the linings on the fork and the insert under the pseudo gas tank.
    The motorcycle is for sale, the links are in the description under this article!

Yes, the gas tank is here, like on the Gold, under the seat. Therefore, at the usual place, it was possible to install a K&N nulevik with a 152 mm landing. Moreover, in all of Moscow we managed to find only one such filter not on order!

An integral feature of any kafereycer is the characteristic rear fairing. Here it is molded from fiberglass, then painted in the same vein as a pseudo gas tank. Painted, as you see, is very unusual! This is because the student of the Institute of Business and Design (Boris Trofimov's Workshop), Irina Klichnikova, was responsible for the coloring in this project.

The image is complemented by a luxurious seat with an original design, sewn from yacht and motorcycle leatherette.

The condition of the 1,100 cc engine, with a power of about 100 hp, is surprisingly decent, even despite the age. Therefore, in addition to painting, no other work was required on it. But the exhaust system was completely redone: stainless steel pipes and ULKER cans. Pay attention to the coolant reservoir, it is also original. Alternative rear shock absorber, 20 mm higher than stock. Regular brakes. Rubber: Shinko 130/80 -18, 160 / 70-17.

We also note a new tidy and headlight with LED elements.

A.

Did you get a whole image? We think so, yes! Attention on the roads to the future owner is definitely provided, by the way, both urban and suburban. Still, the "tourist DNA" has not been canceled!

We hope you enjoyed the article, but that’s not all! We took a short interview with Sergey, where he talks about the Z17 Customs workshop, about new and ready-made projects. Watch the video, subscribe to our YouTube channel!

A.

email: z17customs@yahoo.com
    Instagram: @ z17customs
    facebook: https://www.facebook.com/z17customs

Photo and text: Peter Toluzakov

Video: Ruslan Tulaev, Petr Toluzakov

Motazh video: Ruslan Tulaev

© 2019 Copyright RECKLESS WOLVERINES MEDIA

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Z 17 is the builder
    Yep, or rather customizer.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Honda ST1100 Pan European #7 | Z17 Customs, 1993. It's been modernized quite a bit!

BINGO You win
    Call Me after 9:00 AM 209-887-3283
    the hint here was just llook to the left of the post and you
    will see my Honda ST1100 1991

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    BINGO You win
    Call Me after 9:00 AM 209-887-3283
    the hint here was just llook to the left of the post and you
    will see my Honda ST1100 1991
    Except your avatar photo is so small the necessary details to make the connection aren't visible! I didn't even look at it! I started out Googling for motorcycle V-4 engines and scanned the pics. What had me scratching my head was the LED headlight and the fact that the ST1100 was a 90's machine. Nothing newer matched. I finally searched for ST1100 pan european z17 and found the Russian page! Interesting how the Z17 guy has taken the 1993 bike and updated it with digital instrument panel and LED lights.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Default All time favorite

I have owned well over 30 motorcycles of all types and this one is
    by far my favorite, I put over 130K on it and never any problems except for
    when I got T-Boned by a drunk in a stolen truck... totaled the bike and almost me too

New Bike 2009.jpegIMG_0458.jpgIMG_0448.jpg

Spyder Garage

winner winner chicken dinner!
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post