Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Safety recall already

Lets see. Misfit panels released to public with ty-wraps. Drastically delayed production of Marsala Red due to paint issues. Coronavirus factory shutdown, and now this? BRP will be very lucky to sell ANY more of these this year.
    https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...-CZZB9Cy2u-ph0
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Check the date.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

I like this line and nominate it for the UNDERSTATEMENT of the year!

What is the potential problem?
    In emergency braking situations, the support which holds the brake mechanism could break and cause a total loss of braking capacity. This may increase the risk of a crash. Ya think!?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Check the date.
    If only it were a joke.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    If only it were a joke.

It must be, surely.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It must be, surely.
    Cruzr Joe says it's real. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-2020-5-NOTICE. He has an inside track to such things.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

For all you skeptics.

Go to https://can-am.brp.com
    Click on On-road
    Go to left and click on Owner Zone
    Scroll down and click on Safety Recalls
    And there it is, staring you in the face, just above the one for the Ryker wheel nut cracking.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

It happens. Get it fixed and in a few weeks of riding you may likely forget about those issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    It happens. Get it fixed and in a few weeks of riding you may likely forget about those issues.
    If you live that long. Reliability & safety are not hallmarks of the Can-Am Spyder: faulty steering, fires, wheels nuts, now brakes. Not fit for purpose.

Spyder Garage

If you live that long. Reliability & safety are not hallmarks of the Can-Am Spyder: faulty steering, fires, wheels nuts, now brakes. Not fit for purpose.
    Do not forget DESS issues...

My point was that although not perfect, many owners truly enjoy their Spyders once sorted out a bit.
    As I have stated before, when Honda releases the Neowing, BRP will likely see a dramatic drop in sales of Spyders.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Neowing will certainly be a competitor the Ryker, I don't see it competing in any way with the RTL. I don't see the Neowing a touring machine in any way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    ....... when Honda releases the Neowing, BRP will likely see a dramatic drop in sales of Spyders.
    That might be true about the sales drop bit eventually, altho I doubt the Neowing will initially steal too many RT & F3L/T sales - it just doesn't look like it'll make for such a great tourer in its initial format. Be interested to see what they ultimately (eventually?) come up with, tho?!

But as to the when Honda releases the Neowing... at the rate they're currently going (which is about the same pace as BRP is moving on getting their Electric Spyder onto the streets ) you've just gotta ask yourself, 'will that Neowing release date be before or after the Elio production line rolls off its first thousand vehicles??'

So I'm not holding my breath waiting for a Neowing!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-03-2020 at 09:52 PM. Reason: ev erntially
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Big LOL on the Elio, I've been watching that thing for several years now, a real life joke.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    The Neowing will certainly be a competitor the Ryker, I don't see it competing in any way with the RTL. I don't see the Neowing a touring machine in any way.
    Yes, I agree.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

It's not the end of the world. See my link.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ne-is-affected
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

One would think this type of recall would be a Do Not Ride type ?

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Those 2020 owners that are effected by the recall, be safe and get it resolved.

As for Honda and the Neowing, true it is possible if they ever release the Neowing it may only compete with the Ryker. Then again, Honda, while not perfect all the time, often is very calculated and in my opinion, the Neowing show bike and a production version could differ tremendously, depending upon the market targeted. Honda likely realizes that as their Goldwing owners age, some have come over to Spyder RT series. That would seem to be the most lucrative market to focus on while anticipating loyalty to Honda.

But again, this topic is about how upset 2020 owners are regarding issues with the new machines. As I said, this to shall pass and those machines will make the owners smile.

Spyder Garage

I did a VIN lookup on my 2020 RTL at https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...y-recalls.html and nothing shows as of today. We'll see what develops.

Rob

Spyder Garage

For a few of us, a competitors version of the Y trike, has kind of gone from consideration. I am thinking I have purchased my sixth and last Spyder.

I am getting up in age, and the bank account is not so plush. My trade in, the 2011 RT, was eight years old and had 33K miles on it. All but 3K put on by Linda.

Based on those stats, I will be mid 80's before I need another one. We currently have two in the stable.

No longer will I jump on some other manufacturers Spyder copy.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

With all due respect ARtraveller, it's the many folks like you that keep going back for more failures that enable BRP to keep producing them. Ride safe and virus free.

Spyder Garage

With all due respect ARtraveller, it's the many folks like you that keep going back for more failures that enable BRP to keep producing them. Ride safe and virus free.
    I will accept the criticism, but we will respectfully disagree with each other. I have almost 160,000 combined miles on my six spyders. I have never had a major mechanical problem or a safety recall on any of them. I would not call the product a failure.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

With all due respect ARtraveller, it's the many folks like you that keep going back for more failures that enable BRP to keep producing them.
    So what vehicles have you owned that were 100%, or even 95%, defect free, across the board of all owners?

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I have a Toyota Tacoma. One of the top selling vehicles in the nation. It has been back for so many recalls and technical service bulletins that I told the service manager to put the radio pre-set stations on whatever he enjoys. My last Tacoma spent ten weeks at the dealer getting a new frame under it because of rust issues. Am I upset when I get a recall? Sure, but I would be a lot more upset if the truck left stranded out in the middle of nowhere and off road where I go a lot. Take it to the shop, get it fixed for free, and ride it. Stop waiting for the Honda that may never come. I guarantee it won't be the gift from heaven you are all waiting for either.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Oh Crap. Another one goes on the ignore list.
    I like the ignore list.
    If I had an ignore list in real life, I might still be married.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have a question about the "disclaimer" in red. Is this generic on every search? I have physically verified my vin on the swingarmScreenshot_20200404-094315_Chrome.jpg so I know I put in the correct number.