Spyder Garage

Default 2020 1330 engine/trans

If someone knows, would like to know if if they went to straight cut gears in the 2020 RT, inquiring mind.
    I have allot of loud whining in 4th gear at 3500 rpm and same in 5th at 3000 rpm. 600 miles and no change in noise.
    Working with dealer to figure this out, we rode 2 others and one had it and one did not.
    BRP wants me to get 3k miles on it and change oil and see if there is a change in noise. They say they have not encountered this yet.
    Some people are like Slinkies good for nothing but fun when tossed down the stairs

Spyder Garage

Good question.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I drained the oil at 600 miles and the drain plug looked like it was a Chia pet
    Some people are like Slinkies good for nothing but fun when tossed down the stairs

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrwog View Post
    I drained the oil at 600 miles and the drain plug looked like it was a Chia pet
    In every combustion engine that I have ever did the first oil change there has ALWAYS been more debris in the oil than in the subsequent changes .....this is why on any new engine I have, I always try to do the first change done by 500 mi. ..... yep it may be over-kill, but that is my reasoning ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Straight cut gears aren't new. My 2015 has them for the camshaft drive. Why some seem noisier than others? Well, that's the mystery that needs solved.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    Straight cut gears aren't new. My 2015 has them for the camshaft drive. Why some seem noisier than others? Well, that's the mystery that needs solved.
    This seems to be more gear related to trans. As I'm thinking also the dealer. {hard to tell} we shall see.