Spyder Garage

Default Info on removing the front wheels

Thanks SL for your continued help, very much appreciated.
    In my last post titled "better ride" I pondered buying Centramatic balancers, will I did it and ordered them from Lamonster Garage.

I will install the fronts myself but need the following information
    Size of the front lug nut?
    Metric or standard?
    Torque specs for reinstalling lug nuts?

I will save the rear balancer when I replace the rear tire.

Thanks everyone and Be Safe!

Arcamguy
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Spyder Garage

13/16 Lug Nut (might need a thin wall ratchet)

roughly 79 Lbs Torque

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

13/16 is a standard size? only reason I ask is because everything else I've removed/installed is metric.

Thanks for your help
    2022 RT , Marsella Red

Spyder Garage

Actually the lug nuts are 21 mm . That is close enough to 13/16 that a thin wall spark plugs socket fits in the wheels nicely.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ris View Post
    Actually the lug nuts are 21 mm . That is close enough to 13/16 that a thin wall spark plugs socket fits in the wheels nicely.
    The 13/16th size is a hair smaller and actually fits a tad closer than 21mm ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

The first time I removed a wheel and went to replace it, I had a helluva time getting it back on. Well, they do say "first times are the hardest." The next time, I loosened the lug nuts with the tire on the ground and raised it only enough to rotate it freely - key words, only enough. When I went to put it back on, it was super easy as I did not have to lift the wheel, just slide it onto the studs.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

13/16 socket does well. I had to use a breaker bar to loosen the lug nuts. I used a scissor jack under the A arm as close to the wheel as possible and put a piece of carpet on the jack so I didnt scratch anything. Raise it just enough so the wheel turns freely. Used a torque wrench to reinstall the lug nuts to specs.
    2019 F3 Limited
    spyderpops brake strobe, spyderpops spyclops, lamonster fog lights and ring combo, lamonster H4 led head lights, Gustafsson 16" tinted wind screen
    2019 F3 Ltd , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    The first time I removed a wheel and went to replace it, I had a helluva time getting it back on. Well, they do say "first times are the hardest." The next time, I loosened the lug nuts with the tire on the ground and raised it only enough to rotate it freely - key words, only enough. When I went to put it back on, it was super easy as I did not have to lift the wheel, just slide it onto the studs.
    Thanks!! I will do it your way from now on!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!