Spyder Garage

Default It Costs How Much?????

Here is a great video on the 2020 Tri Glide. Watch it, enjoy it....and I'll guarantee you'll be back to SpyderLovers in short order! It would be great to see a Spyder dealer do this type of video on the 2020 RTL....especially the "under the Tupperware" portion. Ryde Safe..and Healthy....as soon as we can.

https://youtu.be/nyC63UrDb54

Spyder Garage

How much?...Holy Cow

I wont steal your thunder. The price is given in the first five minutes though.

I have always been a fan of "big iron." They do qualify there.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-02-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I sure hope BRP doesn't find out about it. (Kidding) RTL could be in for a big price increase!

Spyder Garage

Considering how badly all 2 wheel touring sales are slumping, I'd say right demographic, wrong price point. Wow!
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Back in 2010...when there was a choice between the "new" HD Triglide and the "new" Spyder RTS, I did my due dilligence and looked at both.

Obviously, the RT won hands down. The TG felt a bit clunky to me and I did not like the ergos. When they started it up, I did not like the feel either. No test drive because there was still snow on the ground. The clincher was in addition to straight MSRP, no deals whatsoever, they wanted to add a $10K or so "administrative" handling fee. I guess for the honor of becoming a new and official HD owner.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

At 1:35 I heard him say the CVO Tri-Glide was $48,000. Maybe I was mistaken but if I wasn't that makes the 2020 RTL a steal by comparison in my humble opinion.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

37 minitz of a harley is just 2 much 2 watch.... sorry....

Spyder Garage

and......1 year from now the same bike will be worth what??? A WHOLE LOT LESS.

Spyder Garage

Exactly!

Spyder Garage

I saw the small lights in the front flashing. Is there a kit that would do that for the headlights on the Spyder? Turn on the flasher during the day. Steady at night.

Spyder Garage

I thought this video did a GREAT job of selling me why I don't want a HD. Putting the obnoxious price aside, I thought it was noisy, clunky, and looked uncomfortable. And, he did a good job of explaining that a large part of ownership is "snob appeal". Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I thought this video did a GREAT job of selling my why I don't want a HD. Putting the obnoxious price aside, I thought it was noisy, clunky, and looked uncomfortable. And, he did a good job of explaining that a large part of ownership is "snob appeal". Jim
    We have a 2008 Harley with a trike conversion that my son drives. The louder the better. He gets pissed when I tell him I can start off in my Spyder in 2nd gear and still nail his butt 0 - 60.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A few things to mention, guys.

First, it's a CVO. That means it's optioned out, all the boxes are checked, etc. It's got CVO only paint, lights, etc. Being a CVO, it's also got the biggest HD motor (in this case, the 117ci'er). That's a heck of a lot bigger than what we have.

It's got a few (CVO, maybe) standard features the Spyders don't have like LEDs all around including the head and driving lights. It's got a CB radio (not that many would ever use that these days) and it's got native XM and navigation built in. HD/aftermarket/CVO floorboards, pedals, grips. CVO exhaust. It also comes w/probably $1000 worth of luggage and a full cover.

I think a non-CVO Tri Glide is around $35k. Still a ton of money but not a heck of a lot more than a new 2020 RTL. Once you added all LED lights (including head and driving) and some (ok, a LOT) of chrome, CB, XM (which you'd have to add aftermarket), heated Comfort seat, Can Ams $500 backrest, etc, you'd be in the non-CVO range or more.

With all that being said, I wouldn't own a HD. They're just not my style. $50k is way too much for any motorcycle when you can buy a fully loaded RTL for under $30k or a new 2018+ Gold Wing DCT (if you haven't tried one, you should...you'll never have as much fun on 2 wheels as you will on these, not to be confused w/the pre-2018 Wings) for the same.

I stopped by my local HD shop last weekend looking for some Plexus to clean my new 7Jurock windscreen (nice but needs a vent). (HD doesn't carry Plexus but does carry Novus. Close enough, I guess.) They were having their weekly Harley "meeting" (?) where everyone rode their Harleys in whilst wearing as much leather as they could. There were quite a few old school Harley riders who came over to admire my Spyder and ask questions about it. More than 1 said they had seriously considered buying one, either to add to their collection or as their only ryde. I think that's impressive as most old school HD riders are pretty hard core Harley and would never consider buying, riding or even looking at anything else (except maybe a Victory or Indian).

Spyder Garage

Here is a nice Goldwing conversion trike that I would get before the Harley,https://youtu.be/9GuyWo7qtFQ
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014