Spyder Garage

Default wiring USB socket questions

i am wiring a USB water resitant socket into the dash. i have it mounted and am about to wire it.

this is it
    IMG_2072_Fotor.jpg

under the left service cover i found this.
    is this a 12v keyed power source?
    IMG_2069_Fotor.jpg

assuming that this will be my power source, i need some wire.
    i have some 16 awg cl3 stranded copper direct bury that i used for a class 2 circuit. would that work for supplying power to this outlet?

as a side note, what is this connection for?
    IMG_2071_Fotor.jpg

thank you for any help,
    ba
    2019 F3-T Liquid Titanium

“we are all products of those to whom we have chosen to listen”
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

Yeah, you can use that for a power source. It should be on fuse F6 in the fuse box. It might or might not already have a fuse in place. If it does not, that one is supposed to be 10 amp. Use only the stranded automotive type wiring for anything on the Spyder. Automotive wiring is made to withstand vibrations and bending.

That wire was put there for you to use for whatever accessories you might want to add ........... like a USB power connection.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Sure use that wire as your power source. That is what it is there for. Along with the one behind the front trunk tub and another one under the pillion seat. All of them are on the same circuit 10 amp fuse. Cut the zip tie and that wire should be long enough for your project. If not. 22 gauge wire should be good enough.

It is not a key switched circuit. It is controlled by the load shedding relay. So only live when the engine starts. If a key on power source is required. There is the gps power plug under the left side panel, under the seat.

That other connector. If it was under the switch blank. That is for the foglight switch.

2018 F3 LIMITED