Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Open on the solenoid on order. , and I will let you know the outcome, I did find a solenoid for $20 new on Ebay. Have a great day, Once again thanks.

Spyder Garage

Hello

Happy Easter new solenoid installed and it works, all is good, but I do have one question I was trying to remove the trail module control for the lights, I disconnected the control and tried to reconnect to the spare 4 pin connector, but the connectors will not connect together. There is orange female connector and its to large to fit into the regular connector, I was wondering if the orange connector was adapter inside the plug and can it be removed to reconnect the lights.

I did notice one other thing when I took the old solenoid out it did read ohms across the two small tabs 5 ohms, the new one read 2.50 ohms, so you still can have continuity and have a bad solenoid.

Once again thanks to everyone for the help.

Henry K

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Solenoid

Thanks For the Update. Enjoy Your Ryde Time. ........
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Update Installed new solenoid spyder ready to roll, thanks for the help, by the way I found the solenoid on eBay for $20.00 beats $55.00 that the dealer wanted, hopefully it will last for awhile. I just notice it time to replace the front brakes, any tips? At least I dont have to tear down half the bike, thank god for this web site, its a money savor the help you get is awesome.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Knipper View Post
    Hello

Happy Easter new solenoid installed and it works, all is good, but I do have one question I was trying to remove the trail module control for the lights, I disconnected the control and tried to reconnect to the spare 4 pin connector, but the connectors will not connect together. There is orange female connector and its to large to fit into the regular connector, I was wondering if the orange connector was adapter inside the plug and can it be removed to reconnect the lights.
    There is no 4 pin connector associated with the trailer harness except at the end of the pigtail to connect to a trailer. If you have the BRP trailer harness and module installed then here is what you have. A Y harness that connects into the main bike harness. Disconnect both ends of the Y and reconnect the two connectors in the main harness. The third connector is a squarish orange 6 pin connector that connects with the module connector. The module then connects to the pigtail to the trailer. Remove all three pieces and you will have the entire trailer module and harness off the bike.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)