Spyder Garage

Default 2019 F3L Digital Dash issue

It was k ind of a Happy Day. I went to get my 2019 F3L out of winter storage. I insatalled the battery and it started right up. Boy was I happy. I had three grsandkids sitting on the seat in anticipation of a ride, so maybe I was a bit distracted, AND I had to remember how to get the thing moving (parking brake, shifting into drive etc.) So I moved the kids out of the way to get the bike out of the barn.Then I hopped on and noticed that my dash was white, with no information.

So I have a working backlight on the dash, but no info at all. No speedo, no fuel, radio controls etc, just white.
    I am going to check my maintenance manual for a fuse, but I was wondering if there is a reset somewhere or other ideas to get it going.

Paul

Spyder Garage

I would disconnect battery for a couple minutes and reconnect. See if in comes back normal.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I went down today to sleuth out my electrical system. I ensured I had all of the cables correct and Battery connections tight. I turned they key on and the computer booted up and the screens came alive. However this time there wasn't enough battery left to start it up. I was surprized as this is a 2019 and I had the battery inside on a tender.

So most likely a battery or voltage issue. I'll know for sure next week.

Spyder Garage

Did u have on a tender or maintainer. Is a difference.
    I would charge and reinstall. You can over charge a battery and ruin it. That's why i don't like tenders

Spyder Garage

It is a 2amp battery tender. I usually had it on a battery for just one day a week. I had five batteries that I rotated the tender. In retrospect, I think the battery was already getting weak last fall. When the weather started getting colder, it didn't have the snuff to start the Spyder if it was off the charger for even one day. So that was a point where it was only 7 months in use (2019 F3L)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHotel View Post
    It is a 2amp battery tender. I usually had it on a battery for just one day a week. I had five batteries that I rotated the tender. In retrospect, I think the battery was already getting weak last fall. When the weather started getting colder, it didn't have the snuff to start the Spyder if it was off the charger for even one day. So that was a point where it was only 7 months in use (2019 F3L)
    Sounds like the battery was not set up correctly. The battery when first charged needs to have a slow and low charge for at least 24 hours. Too many places don't what to take the time to do it correctly and try to fast charge them.
    Your dealer should cover this with a new battery, but since batteries are wear items they may not. On our 2014 RT the battery only lasted 3 years so I did my own full and charge, and I know it was still strong 4 years later when we traded it in.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought the bike 10 months ago and the battery should have a one year warranty.I will have it checked out Monday. I might snow here today or tomorrow.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHotel View Post
    I bought the bike 10 months ago and the battery should have a one year warranty.I will have it checked out Monday. I might snow here today or tomorrow.....
    I don't think the twin cities will see snow - rain yes, but no snow.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue