Spyder Garage

Default *** Important Information if you own a 2020 RT***

I recently picked up my 2020 RTL and immediately changed my stock wheels and tires with my PPA wheels that included new 175/55/R15 Federal Formoza AZ201 tires. 100 miles later I was at Spyderpops getting my LEDs installed. When they took off my wheels there was quite a bit of rubber shavings along the inside of my wheel well. Turns out, the support bars for the fenders have a couple of metal hooks (for lack of a better word) tacked on to thread the brake lines to keep them out of the way. My tires (175) were just a little wider and taller than the OEM tires (165). The result was a groove dug in to the inside sidewall of my brand new tires. My brand new tires are toast!

Now I had the same wheels and same size tires (175/55/R15) on my '16 F3 Limited and had no problem. Not sure what happened on the new RT Limited.

So, if you're thinking of putting on larger tires on your 2020 RT Limited, just be aware that might pose a problem. The hook was tapped in a little, but I'm going to grind it down a little because I like the 175 tires.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

You're lucky you found it in the shop and not on the interstate. Thanks for the heads-up.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    You're lucky you found it in the shop and not on the interstate. Thanks for the heads-up.
    I know. That could have been ugly.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked mine. I'm up to about 800 miles
    I've got Kumho Solstice 175/55/15 and there's no sign of any unusual wear.
    I had the shop mount these tires to the rims that came with my 2020.
    I don't know if that's a factor, or just slight differences between tire manufacturers.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your dealer shop was willing to mount this tire for you?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Your dealer shop was willing to mount this tire for you?
    Any tire store will mount a front tire. Just take it in.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good info, so rear is a different story, right? So, I'm guessing you're not enthused about trying the new Kanines.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Good info, so rear is a different story, right? So, I'm guessing you're not enthused about trying the new Kanines.
    If you can take the rear tire off, my understanding is a tire store will change it. I've just never attempted taking the rear off. Don't know anything about Kanines tires.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Kanines are supposedly Kenda's 'new improved' tires reasonably priced.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Surprised they didn't feel that when they changed the wheel, you would think when you put the new wheel on and spin it by hand to make sure everything is clear they would have caught that. Glad to see you got it in time. Live to Ride, Ride to Live!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Surprised they didn't feel that when they changed the wheel, you would think when you put the new wheel on and spin it by hand to make sure everything is clear they would have caught that. Glad to see you got it in time. Live to Ride, Ride to Live!
    He changed the wheel himself, and when you free spin it (on a jack) there is no pressure on the tire

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer