Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default *** Important Information if you own a 2020 RT***

I recently picked up my 2020 RTL and immediately changed my stock wheels and tires with my PPA wheels that included new 175/55/R15 Federal Formoza AZ201 tires. 100 miles later I was at Spyderpops getting my LEDs installed. When they took off my wheels there was quite a bit of rubber shavings along the inside of my wheel well. Turns out, the support bars for the fenders have a couple of metal hooks (for lack of a better word) tacked on to thread the brake lines to keep them out of the way. My tires (175) were just a little wider and taller than the OEM tires (165). The result was a groove dug in to the inside sidewall of my brand new tires. My brand new tires are toast!

Now I had the same wheels and same size tires (175/55/R15) on my '16 F3 Limited and had no problem. Not sure what happened on the new RT Limited.

So, if you're thinking of putting on larger tires on your 2020 RT Limited, just be aware that might pose a problem. The hook was tapped in a little, but I'm going to grind it down a little because I like the 175 tires.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk