Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    ThreeWheels, my wife felt like she was going to be thrown off on her first two rides and refused to get back on the back of the 16 F3-L. I installed Ron’s bar without her even knowing and talked her into one more ride to see if she could live with the feeling. I took off on the same route as previous and she remarked that she must have adjusted as she no longer felt that feeling of being thrown off. Nothing to do with justifying the purchase.
    We are all different. Some feel buffeting where others don’t etc. Some love the stock bar, but others don’t. Sure, there might be some influence in an individual’s opinion of the Ronbar’s advantages because they bought it, but my experience was independent of the knowledge that the new bar had even been installed.

Pete
    Pete, you may not have read my comments in the light I meant.
    I agree, prior to 2020, the RonBar was a definite upgrade.
    The specific question is, has BRP caught up to BajaRon's technology with the 2020 RT Limited. We don't know that yet, but I suspect they've come a long way forward.
    I'm not unsatisfied with the handling of my 2020. So far.....I reserve the right to change my mind.
    My remarks about people's experience with the upgrade was directed to the OP's comments, who is trying to sell sway bars.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Pete, you may not have read my comments in the light I meant.
    I agree, prior to 2020, the RonBar was a definite upgrade.
    The specific question is, has BRP caught up to BajaRon's technology with the 2020 RT Limited. We don't know that yet, but I suspect they've come a long way forward.
    I'm not unsatisfied with the handling of my 2020. So far.....I reserve the right to change my mind.
    My remarks about people's experience with the upgrade was directed to the OP's comments, who is trying to sell sway bars.
    I am the OP, Original Poster. We try a large amount of products on our own bikes (at least as many as we can). We have been riding for many, many years. We also have had many bikes including Spyders.
    We do not make recommendations on products just to try and sell them. That is not what we do or have ever done.
    When we have customers with questions we try the products and answer their questions. We are very honest with our recommendations on products and if they are what a customer would benefit from.
    Rick
    Value-Accessories
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Never-mind. I think I'll get the upgrade. I want to get the new links anyway, I might as well get the entire upgrade. The cost will only hurt once.
    It will certainly be an improvement.
    IBA #47122

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    BRP has not yet put part #'s up for the 2020's. So I can't say that the part# has not changed. But even if the part# does change. It does not necessarily mean a different bar. BRP changes part#'s when they change suppliers. Makes sense. But does not necessarily mean an actual change to the component. I can tell you that the 'New' stock sway bar is virtually identical to the previous 2013-2019 sway bars in size and strength. Putting a micrometer on this 2020 sway bar, it miced out just a few thousandths SMALLER than the 2013 stock RT sway bar I have. This is not surprising as bar diameter can vary, somewhat, in size from the steel mill. Even the powder coat thickness makes a difference in diameter.

So, I am not sure what the explanation is for the 'New' stronger, factory sway bar that we heard so much about. The whole scenario is quite interesting, if not puzzling.
    Ron, you probably already know this, but just in case. The sway bar part number for the 2020 RT is the same as for 2019.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Ron, you probably already know this, but just in case. The sway bar part number for the 2020 RT is the same as for 2019.
    No, I did not know. I appreciate you saying so. Just another piece of the puzzle. I have not checked into this since I received a stock 2020 RT sway bar several weeks ago. Having the actual bar in hand told me all I needed to know. I just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to push my products on anyone. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and should have the final say in what upgrades they decide are of value to them. I ride what I want, the way I want it, and I am 100% behind others doing the same. What I try hard to do is simply lay out the pertinent particulars as objectively as I can. I have been getting questions from owners ever since BRP started talking about the improved handling on the 2020 RT. I've had to tell them I just didn't know, for some time. Now that I have some definite information, I'm letting people know what I have found out.

Informed customers are much more likely to be satisfied with their decision. Of course I have a passion for what I do. I think that is almost a requirement to produce a quality product. Everyone I know and respect for innovation and product quality has this kind of passion for what they do. But I try not to let that modify the facts in any way.

I love riding my Spyder. It's a wonderful machine. And I love it even more with the modifications I've made to it. I want everyone to have that same opportunity, should they so choose. Maybe a bit idealistic. But I think it works out pretty well.

Ride Safe and Stay Healthy!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Hi Ron, my two ride buddies and myself picked up our 2020 RTL Spyders last Saturday with your sway bars installed before leaving dealer.
    I rode the stock demo and then rode mine with upgraded bar. Not only am I convinced we made right choice but the dealer is riding stock one and then test rode ours prior to delivery. He thinks we made the right choice also. We did a 200 km run on twisty roads today and the ride was great. Handles even better than my 2014 with your bar on it. That maybe due to the other mods to suspension BRP did.
    Anyway just our preference and thanks again for excellent product and service.
    Terry B.
    2020 RTL - Petrol Blue Metalic / Black, dark model.
    Colour match rear tail cover, Garmin GPS.
    Heated Ultra Comfort driver seat & backrest.
    LED headlamps, LED Front corner lamps and lower front LED lamp.
    Baja Ron sway bar.
    Ride Til You Rot!

Spyder Garage

I just looked at the parts diagrams again. The A arms for 2020 are the same as 2019. The shocks and the springs are different between 2020 & 2019. I wonder if the BRP shocks are more like some of the after market shocks for prior years.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Got one on my 2020 also. Baja Ron's bar is about .030 to .035 inches thicker than stock. Don't know the specs on the steel or temper. Sure handles a lot better than my 2015 RTL did. The 2015 had the sway bar and fox shocks. The first ride home was a little over 200 miles on the 2020 RTL. Yes it handles so much better. I still believe the added dia. of Ron's bar makes a big difference. I hit twisty and high way eg. interstate. Going to enjoy the ride for sure.

Spyder Garage

Hi Ron,

Just (04/11) received my 2020 RTL with the BajaRon swaybar and heimlinks installed directly by the dealership. That decision was based on previous experience with a 2013 RT-S with the upgraded bar. It completely changed that ryde!
    Already have around 800km on the new Spyder - the handling is even better!
    Thanks for a great product!
    Rating: 5/5 stars
    Michael G
    2023 900 Sport , Nitro Blue

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=I've spoken to different BRP "reps" and found most of them to be rather ill informed about the soup and nuts of the product. No knock in any way or fashion. Most reps are not true gear heads, or as the Brit would say, petrol heads. [/QUOTE]

This is a fact. Last December, a local Can-Am salesperson showed me a 2019 RT and said it was a 2020. To be fair, he was new to the product but should have still known better.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    This is a fact. Last December, a local Can-Am salesperson showed me a 2019 RT and said it was a 2020. To be fair, he was new to the product but should have still known better.
    I ran into the same with a Honda rep at Wing Ding 2016. I asked him what he could share about the Neowing. Basically he asked, "What's that?" Totally clueless.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I just got the RonBar put on my 2020 RTL. I had about 1500 miles on the stock setup and only 75 miles with the new RonBar, but lots of twisties in the 75 miles.
    The stock setup is quite good, but the RonBar is definitely an upgrade.
    Using my calibrated butt, I'd say it's roughly 15% better than OEM.
    Not an enormous upgrade, but still an improvement and one that is welcome and worth the expense, with the added bonus of more reliable heim links.
    I'm not disparaging the RonBar. Ron's products are and have always been, top notch.
    Rather, I'm suggesting that BRP has made improvements to the OEM suspension with each generation and is catching up to Ron's technology.
    I'm just spit balling here, but would there be any possibility of a stiffer next gen RonBar that improves the 2020 suspension more dramatically, possible even 50%.
    Don't be like the Main Stream Press suggesting everyone start eating sway bars to get stiffer parts ......................

Netzley Tire installed it in about 35 minutes. Thanks Derrick.
    IBA #47122