Spyder Garage

Default RT Limited 2020 Deep Marsala Metallic-Chrome Edition is Home

20200328_134524.jpg

20200328_134559.jpg

20200328_134546.jpg

20200328_163044.jpg

Finally got my RT Limited 2020 Deep Marsala Metallic-Chrome Edition is home.

Picked it up yesterday drove it about 200 miles and yes big improvements.Fit and trim
    was excellent no deviations in the paint and the paint metallic I'm gonna call it raspberry
    was absolutely stunning.

The things I have heard here before people talk about are true as far as what you would
    call smooth the transmission was almost like an electric motor.

I am 5’7 and the seat backrest fit perfectly handlebars also okay that came with it.The
    brake pedal repositioning it and the long floorboards fit me perfectly.

It does sit lower to the ground you feel it when you sit on it and the height of the passenger
    seat is a lot taller and longer than it was on the 2014. My wife now says when sitting there
    she can see over my helmet like on the Gold Wing.

One thing I did make a mistake on was the windshield it is 3 inches taller that it needs to
    be for me. With it all the way down I literally have to stand up to feel any air. And the air vents
    are so low and the dash is so pointed upward that you have to raise the windshield all the
    way up to feel any air coming through the vents.

I can also say that the wind the deflection is amazing on the new 2020 it almost feels like
    you're sitting in a pocket of no air moving at 70 miles an hour. I am wondering in the summertime
    in the 90s if this might be a problem. I know I had air deflectors on the 14 that help a lot when it
    was hot.

The armrests I will all give a C- there okay but they move very little to let the rider on. Also
    if you want to remove them it takes a little effort and a allen wrench. And then you have to
    put the cover plate back on. It would've been nice if BRP would've made them like the backrest
    were all you have to do is pull a lever take it out or put it in the same way.

I took it up the Blue Ridge Pkwy amazingly there was lot of people there yesterday and went down
    some back roads with Lotta curves and twists. It did better-than-expected but still seem to dip and
    plow a little on tight curves. Overall it was okay but I might change some shocks in the future.

This is my fourth RT and I think the best one yet from my opinion. Their redesigning of it addressed
    a lot of issues and the smoothness of the ride is really outstanding and has to be experienced to
    really appreciate it. BRP

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Nexus, pray tell how you adjusted the brake pedal toward the rear, I need that on my 20 RT. I don't like the BRP passenger arm rests for the very reason you suggest, now I gotta wait for an after market and who knows when that will be. I need them before my next 'long ride', hope all this comes together. Here's my word, I get those two things going, I'm golden on this machine. But wait, one more thing, short reach, or f3 bars, will be getting those installed, have shrunk a bit from 5'' closer to 5'6. The Mrs. want to get her endorsement since I have the RT now, want's to drive it bad, oh woe is me, or not! Maybe I just relax on pillion, have my mint julep and do the flower sniffin' thing.

Spyder Garage

Nexus - doesn't appear to be 2020 front wheels... Why the change ?
    The Dealers in Ohio are all closed..... "Shelter in Place" order....

Spyder Garage

If you would like to be included in the "tally," give us a post here.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-a-new-2020-RT

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by biker01red View Post
    Nexus - doesn't appear to be 2020 front wheels... Why the change ?
    The Dealers in Ohio are all closed..... "Shelter in Place" order....
    I jest like the style of the rim.
    reminds me of a red Mustang I used to own with Chrome Cragar rims on it.

Being that said I now have a new front set 2020 RTL rims for sale.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nice!!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Was this a preorder or dealer stock on hand?
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Was this a preorder or dealer stock on hand?
    It was a preorder- put it out for bid from 4 dealers in my area in Virginia in November.
    No trade-in-the difference in price from one dealer to another was quite interesting.

The one who ended up ordering it in late November was $1000 cheaper than everybody else.

I have now disassembled it in my shop and am installing many different things. I couldn't wait
    to get her Tupperware off and look under her skirt.

20200329_173626.jpg

Can't live without a handbrake. I wish BRP could understand

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NEXUS View Post
    I jest like the style of the rim.
    reminds me of a red Mustang I used to own with Chrome Cragar rims on it.

Being that said I now have a new front set 2020 RTL rims for sale.
    nice looking machine. love the wheels! cant figure out why !!
    when the madness ends , we will have to stop at our dealer.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congrats! Nice looking machine. I am trying to resist riding one, as I know what that could lead to. I do like the rims that you put on them much better than what comes on the chrome edition. But for the first time, I also really like the dark edition. The additional black plastic on the machine tends to look pretty good with the wheels that come on the dark edition. Again, congrats and enjoy.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Wife picked up her new Deep Marsala yesterday. Dealer had it outside in the rain waitting for us. When we walked up to it first thing we saw was rust on the handle bar mounting bolts. Not polished stainless like 2012 trade in. Those were almost chrome. These are sort of dull looking and for sure have rust staining on three of four. It had just been uncrated and put together a couple days ago. It had been out in the rain for maybe 10 hours. Passenger hand rail boot was way off on fit. That was about it the rest was all good. She said on the 30 mile ride home that it was much smoother than her old one. Parked in our garage is one sweet looking ride.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, I went by my buddies house this weekend. They both picked up matching 2020 RT Limited Darks. I came home and showed the pictures to the wife and asked her how she liked it, and would she like it better in red? I was only joking, but she said, "if you want it, go ahead and get one"
    I recorded the date, time, and exactly what we were doing. Then I sent the information to my buddies in the event that I go get one, and then she has changed her mind. I told them to keep the text, as it might be useful in the murder trial. But seriously, I don't have intentions on trading, but it will be interesting to see what might be new for 2021 come this September. If nothing changes, I might have to take a look at a left over one at the end of the year. To me, the most impressive thing was the ability to remove the rear trunk. If my 2014 had that option, I never would have sold it for my F3T.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white