Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds good, thanks Spyder01.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    I know you sent me a pm but I can’t reply to it.The answer to your question is that I drilled a hole in the cover when it was off bike and put a nut and lockwasher on the inside.I think the cover is too thin to tap.
    Hmm....I wonder if the 2019 RTL is different than the 2017? When I was working on mine today, the top part of the bar is all metal, and the plastic cover is on the bottom and is held on with 4 screws. The top part does look like cast or pot metal, but it looks like it might be thick enough to drill and tap. I guess if push comes to shove and the hole stripped out, I could always drill it out to 1/4" and try to get a nut on the underside and see if there's room for that. I may try the drill and tap method.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let us know how it works out. As I have read this tread, I think the OP drilled the hole with no threads, just drilled it for 1/4" with nut and washer at the underside. That procedure sounds a bit more stable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Let us know how it works out. As I have read this tread, I think the OP drilled the hole with no threads, just drilled it for 1/4" with nut and washer at the underside. That procedure sounds a bit more stable.
    I just ordered the Ram Ball with the 1/4-20 threads that are 1/2" long, plus the Ram drink holder that is the one that stays level. My plan is to drill and tap for 1/4-20 and then, if there is room inside the handlebar area, put on a thin profile nylock nut.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Amazon?

Spyder Garage

Actually, all three pieces, the Ram ball, the connector clamp, and the drink holder were ordered from GPSCity.com.

Spyder Garage

Well, back to the drawing board for me. I received the Ram ball and the Ram self levelling cup holder today and there just isn't enough room to use it with out it either ...1. mounting it where it won't hit anything, but it blocks about 1/2 of the left side mirror....or 2. Mounting it where it doesn't block the left side mirror, but then it hit the dash if you need to turn the bars for a slow right hand turn. So, I've ordered the LAMonster Spyder cuff with the cup holder and will be putting that on the bike. I'm keeping the Ram ball in case I decide to use my X mount for my phone and of course with having the cuff already on the bike, it's just a matter of screwing the Ram ball into the cuff and I'm ready to use the X mount.