Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Heated Comfort Seat

Question about the heated comfort seat for the 2020 RT...do you sit further back in it than the stock heated seat? (Does it give more leg room?)

I had the comfort seat on my 2015 RT and it definitely sat 2" further back, giving more leg stretch. I just want to make sure that's true of the 2020 seat. Also, does it require a different driver backrest than the stock heated seat backrest.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

From what has been published, The 2020 stock seat is already is set back for both the rider(2") and passenger(1"). No comparison to the 2014-2019 seats. The 2020 comfort seat has a different stitching pattern and has more padding(gel???). It's almost a $1,000 option. Don't know what the aftermarket will come up with.
    I'm considering that option also.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

We have the Comfort seat and it is the same as the stock seat from a sitting position. Just more comfortable with the memory foam!
    2020 RT Limited , ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralS View Post
    We have the Comfort seat and it is the same as the stock seat from a sitting position. Just more comfortable with the memory foam!
    If that’s the case I would save the $1,000 and go to a custom seat that is made for your butt. Laam Custom Seats would be my choice and would cost a whole lot less than $1,000.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Ok, so I went to the Build section for the RT and the stock seat on a limited comes with this:
    SEATS
    HEATED DRIVER SEAT

With an exterior identical in every way to our quality stock seat our Heated Driver’s Seat comes with the added perk of integrated heating that’s designed to keep you warm and comfortable when temperatures start to dip. Stock equipment on the limited edition model.

With comfort seat, this:

COMFORT SEAT
    $ 699.99

Extra padding in all the right places in addition to a memory foam layer gives us every reason to call it our Comfort Seat. Smartly styled, its elevated passenger seat gives anyone coming along for the ride a scenic way to enjoy the open road.

And for heated comfort, which is what I got, this:

HEATED COMFORT SEAT
    $ 909.99

All the features of the much-loved Comfort Seat with integrated heating. Unit complete with individual dual-intensity driver and passenger controls for customized warmth when the weather’s cool but the ride is still hot.

So for $210 more you get individualized heat for driver and passenger. That seemed worth it to me. in addition to the Extra padding in all the right places in addition to a memory foam layer gives us every reason to call it our Comfort Seat.

and if you receive a discount when ordering so it's really only $800 more than the stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Ok, so I went to the Build section for the RT and the stock seat on a limited comes with this:
    SEATS
    HEATED DRIVER SEAT

With an exterior identical in every way to our quality stock seat our Heated Driver’s Seat comes with the added perk of integrated heating that’s designed to keep you warm and comfortable when temperatures start to dip. Stock equipment on the limited edition model.

With comfort seat, this:

COMFORT SEAT
    $ 699.99

Extra padding in all the right places in addition to a memory foam layer gives us every reason to call it our Comfort Seat. Smartly styled, its elevated passenger seat gives anyone coming along for the ride a scenic way to enjoy the open road.

And for heated comfort, which is what I got, this:

HEATED COMFORT SEAT
    $ 909.99

All the features of the much-loved Comfort Seat with integrated heating. Unit complete with individual dual-intensity driver and passenger controls for customized warmth when the weather’s cool but the ride is still hot.

So for $210 more you get individualized heat for driver and passenger. That seemed worth it to me. in addition to the Extra padding in all the right places in addition to a memory foam layer gives us every reason to call it our Comfort Seat.

and if you receive a discount when ordering so it's really only $800 more than the stock.
    When it says "all the features of our much-loved comfort seat with integrated heating" The older comfort seats sat back 2" from the stock seats, so does that mean this one does too? By the way, the stock heated seats on the 2020 RT Ltd has heat in both the driver seat and passenger seat with separate controls.

Spyder Garage

As an FYI, Here's what I received from BRP re: the 2020 Comfort Seat.

Good Afternoon

Thank you for reaching out to BRP! I'd be more than happy to help you.

In response to your email, the comfort seat has the same demensions as the stock seat, however it has additional padding in some spots. It will not sit the driver further back.

Once again thank you for contacting BRP.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to click reply on this email or contact us at 1-888-272-9222. My Colleagues and I are always happy to help.

Yours in adventure,

Veronica,
    Customer Service Representative.

Spyder Garage

Looks like the mystery is solved. This go around...same dimensions as the OEM, but more padding in all the right places, per BRP.

I am a fan of the BRP comfort seats. I have put four of them on four different Spyders. They have always worked well for ME.

My most recent (2019 F3L). Non-heated...Cannonball Cross Country.

Cannot speak specifically to 2020, but there are at least 28 out there with potential beta testers.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red