Spyder Garage

Default Balancing Vredestein Quatrac 5

I'm putting these tires on the front end of my Spyder. They have no balancing dots on the sidewalls, but there is a blue dot inside on the tread portion. Can anyone here tell me if this dot is for balancing?
    Thanks!

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

This article should shed some light on tire dots. https://www.tirebusiness.com/article...erve-a-purpose

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Thanks Ann, Always learn something new on this forum. "Red dot"--- thought it's a sighting device for firearms------ I'd rather have a laser.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Mr Lew,
    I took my front tires and rims to a car tire place with a road force balancer. That is a great machine. Adjusts the high spot to work with the out of balance condition to give you a tire that runs true with the minimum amount of weight. Some places are a little uptight about putting car tires on a motorcycle rim, so I tell them it's for a trailer.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up No balancing weights-----

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Mr Lew,
    I took my front tires and rims to a car tire place with a road force balancer. That is a great machine. Adjusts the high spot to work with the out of balance condition to give you a tire that runs true with the minimum amount of weight. Some places are a little uptight about putting car tires on a motorcycle rim, so I tell them it's for a trailer.
    Thanks h0g,
    In a similar vein----- When I had the rear tire (Altimax)installed on my RT, the tech rotated it on the rim to get a balance with NO weights. Wish they could have done that with the new Vredesteins fronts but they took very little balancing weights.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Mr Lew,
    It's not a motorcycle rim. Says so on the inside. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Thanks h0g,
    In a similar vein----- When I had the rear tire (Altimax)installed on my RT, the tech rotated it on the rim to get a balance with NO weights. Wish they could have done that with the new Vredesteins fronts but they took very little balancing weights.

Lew L
    just a footnote ..... I didn't even bother to balance my last 5 rear tires .... it's just not necessary .... jmho .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Thanks Ann, Always learn something new on this forum. "Red dot"--- thought it's a sighting device for firearms------ I'd rather have a laser.

Lew L
    Had both. Much prefer a red dot, especially once you get used to it.

Spyder Garage

All three of my OEM tires/wheels had a crap load of weights stuck on from the factory. All three wheels balanced out nicely with one weight each with the car tires installed (Vredestein Q5 fronts/Cooper CS5 Ultra rear). After that, I put appropriate amounts of Ride-On sealant/balancer in each tire. Rides/tracks perfectly...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you Ann for the link! And thanks to all for your input.