Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by merlot View Post
    i recently did an oil change on my 2016 f3lim
    i checked the handbook and the workshop manual and it specd 4.7 litres with filter
    so thats what it got......i dont try to check with dipstick as i find dry sump engines a little fluky to check

anyway,a punter comes over for an oil change,not long after,with a 2019 F3 so i checked his book for capacity,just to be anal, and it calls for 5.2 litres

so i went back to my bike and checked the dip stick(something i never do...i change oil every 5000kms or 3000miles)and i find no oil on the dipstick

so why are there 2 different recommends? one 4.7 and one 5.2? or am i reading things wrongly?

russ
    My 2015 F3's takes the full 6 qts. I've checked it several ways including within 2 min after turning it off while some oil my be in the oil sump. Not a problem to me--F3's runs great at 7K miles--I had 2 yrs of health issues---prostate radiation --back surgery thus 7K in 3 yrs mostly short trips. 118 mph top on speedo prior to Stage 2 upgrade & it was still climbing until traffic forced me to back off.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

i think im going to discount the 5.2litres recommended for the 2019 only
    the next oil change ill be adding 5litres
    this is a useful amount here in aust as most oil bottles are either 4litres or 5 litres
    we dont usually see gallons or quarts
    i just need to use up the remaining T6 oil i have....i bought around 30gallons when i was working and these jugs come in 3.7litre quantities,or 1 gallon

russ
    pres ride
    2014 RT-S
    bike is WIP
    bike has endured elect spike (was jump started incorrectly)
    still a WIP but bike is now running and registered....swapped out 5 modules mostly sourced from Canadian wrecker