Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default No wind therapy in Idaho

No wind therapy in Idaho, unless you want to defy the order of the Governor. Today our Governor issued a stay at home order, https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/wp-con...der_032520.pdf. I just scanned through it came across the following paragraph.

Travel in Idaho.jpg

I'm sure this wording isn't unique or original to Idaho's order. Check your state's order to see if it doesn't read somewhat the same. Then decide for yourself if you wish to comply or defy.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 03-25-2020 at 07:08 PM. Reason: add link

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I get that but everything I've read (I won't mention any lettered agencies...I know they've said this but I can't find the article ATM so I can't quote them) has said going outdoors is a good thing as long as you keep the 6' rule. Odd but each state can do what they wish.

I would have thought, w/Idaho not being very densely populated, that wouldn't be a concern (except in big cities). So far, NC hasn't said anything other than they recommend what the CDC and WHO have been saying. Self quarantine, if possible and/or if you're sick, stay 6' away from others, etc.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The order allows essential travel which includes getting food, gas, medical care, go to work, etc. So essentially the order is directed at frivolous travel that you don't need to do like riding a m/c for the hell of it. I may go to Costco to buy groceries, which will be a 30 mile trip each way. So that is one way to get some wind therapy! And of course I can't haul a hoard load on the RT so that means a trip every few days, right?

Going outside is encouraged but keep the 6' separation except for family members. Idaho doesn't have a high infection rate except in the Sun Valley area which is a vacation mecca for the rich and famous, and in the cities. Community transmission has started to show up in the Boise area hence the decision, finally, to clamp down. Community transmission has been the primary transmission in the Sun Valley area.

What I'm going to miss the most is my regular morning coffee get togethers. I may try to figure out how to fix up some outdoor tables at the coffee shop with forced spacing of 6'!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i think riding a spyder is essential to mental health

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    i think riding a spyder is essential to mental health
    And fresh air (wind therapy) is good for the body, as opposed to recirculated inside air, but that’s just my 2 cents.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We got a stay at home order for my county in NC. But they allow for going to the park or riding bicycles as long as you maintain a social distance of 6' and do not congregate. So with the temp being 85 this weekend, I am planning a 400 mile day trip to the mountains. But we promise to stay over 6' apart. And have gloves for refueling. Even taking a bag lunch, or just getting a pack of nabs at the service station.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

So in Indiana - they have "essential travel only" wording - but also kept the State Parks open and are encouraging folks to get outside so long as they are practicing social distancing. Walking, going to the park (not playground) riding a bike (I'm certainly it means bicycle in the context) are all okay. I'm still an essential worker - and as such am riding to work as often as I can.

Many on the Indiana Motorcycle FB group are saying they are riding. My thoughts on "frivolous" riding is this:

1) Gloves at Gas Pumps - think about cross contamination - unless you are using 1 time use and throwing it away - you are still moving the virus around.
    2) Potty breaks - guys can pee in the woods - but not so easy for our ladies (especially if they are city girls).
    3) Most important: If something happens - and you require medical treatment - you've just become part of the problem - and injected yourself into a a crowded risky location for this Virus.

Stay on your toes people if you ride.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

I have massive storage on the Spyder, so I am taking it to town next time, I have three weapons to pick up and a beef package from a butcher over across the pass. With everyone's careless attitude in my town, I decided to stay out of our markets.....

We get to go out for essentials too, and I happen to have heart meds over at walgreens so I get to go on the first.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black