Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Very nice! I have two blanks but I had heat added to my new seat so I will run it to one switch and I like the garage door idea. Does it work if the key is not on? Sometimes I leave the bike out if we are working on something and wouldn’t want someone to hit the button and open the garage.
    Quick answer is no. The power comes from the F6 fuse in the RFB, so it only works when the key is on. I took the power from the front customer aux connection leads which are found above and to the left of the battery.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Do you have the specifics of what you purchased ? Can you get a simple on off switch ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Do you have the specifics of what you purchased ? Can you get a simple on off switch ?
    Look here:
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Panel-removal

Post #3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I installed the front aux light in mine. The connector was right behind the plastic blank panel. No switch is needed or used for this light. It is on anytime the headlights are on. That said, I needed to power two aux circuits. One for my Sirius radio and the other for my garage door opener. I had to make a wiring harness and obtain the correct style and type of switch (Off - On - Momentary) to make it work. I've wired it so the red led light in the switch is only on when the switch is in the ON position, not all the time.
    Nice; where did you get the switch?
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Nice; where did you get the switch?
    pm sent

Spyder Garage

I installed the BRP LED accessory light on my '20. Originally when I was looking at the available accessories from BRP, the light kit showed coming with a switch to be mounted in the console. When I received the light assembly, no switch or mention of the switch in the instruction. The light plugs into the factory harness and is a key on / off style. its always on when riding. May be that this was required for some markets and they just went that avenue for final production.
    [img]
    2020 RT Limited , Chaulk White

Spyder Garage

I did its blank i used the slot for my garage door opener

Spyder Garage

I was told the blank switch is for the optional Fog Lamp kit, but I haven't seen one yet or even a picture of one and not sure were they even mount to.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 2020+ RTs don't have a "fog" light. What they have (as an accessory) is an "auxiliary" light which mounts way down low. It's not standard and it's literally a plug and play item. It's always on when the bike's running so there's no switch for it.

Spyder Garage

Mystery of blank switch solved...

Only comes with 2020 "Black Widow" edition!

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-09-2023 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)
    Michael G
    2023 Nitro Blue Ryker 900 Sport
    2023 900 Sport , Nitro Blue

Spyder Garage

Hello there redlightron! I would like to do the same. I am a retired Ca. LEO and the blue and white light to rear are definitely problematic, but I have to have this flag mounted! I am looking for a little help or a link with install instructions though. I couldn't even find any install vids on YouTube for the standard install of the LED flag. I have a 2020 Spyder RTL. Stay safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Spyder Garage

For completeness, this was my final solution. I added a garage door opener:
    P.S. I have to re-insert the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    OK, as the title suggests, I finally solved my CDO about the blank switch on the console of my 2020 RTL.
    CDO, that's OCD with the letters in the right order.
    I bought a Mo-Door garage door opener, and paired it with an OEM switch that I installed.
    Mo-Door doesn't have the OEM switch for the 2020 units yet, so I bought the windshield switch from Can Am.
    I blacked out the icon of the windshield and wired the light in parallel to the existing windshield switch.
    I mounted the Mo-Door unit under the seat instead of buried in the body work so that, when, in the fullness of time, I can change the battery easily.

01 Blank Switch.jpg02 OEM switch installed.jpg03 OEM switch with lights.jpg04 Garage Door Opener location.jpg

Let me cut off some of the expected comments.

Yes, I know you could save money and just buy a small garage door opener and use that, but you'd still have the blank switch on the console.
    Yes, I know you could solder wires to a standard opener, but I don't trust my soldering skills to not ruin the job.
    Yes, I could have used a different switch and saved money, but the OEM switch has lights, and melds into the console, both physically and aesthetically, resolving my CDO.

The Mo-door unit is about $70. The OEM switch was $50.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

Are you talking about the PTT switch on the left handle bar in front?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Plarimer View Post
    Are you talking about the PTT switch on the left handle bar in front?
    No, he's not. You need to be aware that the RT you have, 2016, is basically the same machine from 2014 to 2017. In 2018 there was a whole new dash system introduced that continues through the 2021 RT. The CB option was deleted in 2018. The 2020 RT had a body redesign. So for questions and comments that you can use for info for your RT make sure the model year being mentioned is 2010 to 2017. In 2014 the engine was changed from a 998 cc v-twin to a 1330 cc 3 cylinder. That engine is still being used so engine comments related to 2014 to 2021 models may be of value to you.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

love this clean look and set up. my question is.... how do you pair a hard wired switch to a battery operated remote control?
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    love this clean look and set up. my question is.... how do you pair a hard wired switch to a battery operated remote control?
    What I did was get a Homelink module from a junkyard car. That's the 3 button garage door opener. It's actually better to get one from an older car when they put them in the sun visor. You can use a 9 volt battery to power it while you program it to your opener. After that, I just used a tie-wrap to permanently keep the button pressed. Wire the ground to ground, and the power from my new switch (momentary position) to the power wire of the Homelink module. Since the button is already pressed, the momentary power is all that's needed to open the door! I just wrapped the module in waterproof tape and tucked it away behind the frunk liner out of sight. Works perfectly!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post

In my case, I purchased a Mo-Door garage door opener, which is designed with external wires mounted from the factory. I didn't trust my skills enough to use a standard opener and solder wires to it. I'm sure I would have messed it up. It might even make an entertaining YouTube video as an Epic Fail.
    IBA #47122

Spyder Garage

Has anyone checked behind the blanking plate to see if wires are there for connecting to a switch that is installed in the opening?

FWIW, there maybe a jumper connector that makes that aux chin light stay powered at all times. Possibly remove the jumper and you can switch the aux chin light.

Bummer mo fog lights on the new models.

Oh well, just guessing as to the jumper since we do not have one to inspect. Would not be out of line for BRP to omit the switch to save money.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Has anyone checked behind the blanking plate to see if wires are there for connecting to a switch that is installed in the opening?

FWIW, there maybe a jumper connector that makes that aux chin light stay powered at all times. Possibly remove the jumper and you can switch the aux chin light.

Bummer mo fog lights on the new models.

Oh well, just guessing as to the jumper since we do not have one to inspect. Would not be out of line for BRP to omit the switch to save money.
    Having installed an on/off switch for my auxiliary light, I can confirm that there is not any wires or wiring under the blank hole in console. I had to run my own wires from the frunk area to the center console. No fog lights is the reason I installed an aftermarket auxiliary light.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I installed the front aux light in mine. The connector was right behind the plastic blank panel. No switch is needed or used for this light. It is on anytime the headlights are on. That said, I needed to power two aux circuits. One for my Sirius radio and the other for my garage door opener. I had to make a wiring harness and obtain the correct style and type of switch (Off - On - Momentary) to make it work. I've wired it so the red led light in the switch is only on when the switch is in the ON position, not all the time.
    Jetfixer, I know this an old post but was wondering, I am interested doing the same thing, do you still have part number and source for the switch? If not do you have the hole size? I am waiting for delivery of my Spyder but want to get parts on hand.
    Thanks in advance
    Rich
    US Army Retired 04/68 - 12/02
    21 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chief4 View Post
    Jetfixer, I know this an old post but was wondering, I am interested doing the same thing, do you still have part number and source for the switch? If not do you have the hole size? I am waiting for delivery of my Spyder but want to get parts on hand.
    Thanks in advance
    Look at this one.... exact same model : https://www.otrattw.net/L-SERIES-GRI...L11S5-5LB.html

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Page not found.

Spyder Garage

I ended up using the blank port for USB power (and meter). And I moved the seat heater switch as well.

2021SpyderRTL-09.jpg2021SpyderRTL-10.jpg
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Metallic (red)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Page not found.
    page modified ...ok now