Spyder Garage

Default RT Shudder when starting out my day

I have a "new to me" 2013 RT SE5. I've noticed a significant "SHUDDER" when I first use the Spyder each day, and it seems to be getting worse. Once I drive it down the street and come to the first stop sign it's basically done shuddering for the day, and it only happens when I go from 0 mph and begin heading down the driveway. So clearly it improves as the engine warms up. I've added a LaMonster belt tensioner and that helped in the other power bands but made no difference for my morning starting issue. I check oil as per the BRP instructions and have it halfway between add and full on the stick when checking after the engine is at operating temperature and I let it sit for a couple minutes after shutting it off. I suspect something with the clutch, and it could be "normal" I just have had no prior experience to gauge this issue. Incidentally when I say "SHUDDER" I mean it really does jump around a lot, the bars shake in my hands and I can hear it complaining. The dealer "told me" that they changed the oil when I bought it at 8250 miles. I now have 9100 miles on it. I hope I've answered all the questions about what it's doing and what I've done so far...looking forward to some insight from those who've perhaps seen this issue before?

Thanks so much!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

top off the oil to full mark

Spyder Garage

Wonder if dumping half a can of Seafoam in the tank might help?
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gmiller View Post
    I have a "new to me" 2013 RT SE5. I've noticed a significant "SHUDDER" when I first use the Spyder each day,
    Well known problem. Snowbelt's link has the answer. I dealt with the same thing when I had my 2013 RT.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

That TST appears to be exactly what I am dealing with. Thanks for the info!!