Spyder Garage

Default Are all radios the same?

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if anybody knew if a 2010 roadster radio will go in a 2013 Spyder ST-S. They all work of the same grip controls don't they?? As far as I can tell BRP never updated the radio. Any answers out there.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Hawk View Post
    Hi all,
    I was just wondering if anybody knew if a 2010 roadster radio will go in a 2013 Spyder ST-S. They all work of the same grip controls don't they?? As far as I can tell BRP never updated the radio. Any answers out there.
    Try this …. go to cheapcycleparts.com … go to 2010 RT that has the audio option …. take down the number … then enter that number in the " what part # you are looking for Box " it will tell you what Spyders COULD have this radio installed as sold or as an option …. good luck …. from what I know all RT radio's were the same up to the 17 model year …. 18 and up are different ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Well it turns out that an 2010 RT radio, though it does work, will not charge an iPod without the cable from 2010. There was circuitry in the little box that was connected to it that I believe is required. Does anybody have one of those relics from days gone by that they do not need???