Spyder Garage

Default I need some help from the community.

I have the radio kit from an RT that I'm putting into a ST-S. The radios are all the same so that shouldn't be an issue. My problem is that I am being told that the ST-S was pre wired for audio. The bike is apart and there are speaker wires already in place. I also added heated grips and the GPS with no issue. When I went to install the radio the connection between the harness and the radio does not seem to be present. If anybody has or has had the ST radio kit could you tell me if there was a cable or connector that came with the kit to allow this connection. I don't want to spend another 200.00 just to find out I need a new wire harness.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Hawk View Post
    I have the radio kit from an RT that I'm putting into a ST-S. The radios are all the same so that shouldn't be an issue. My problem is that I am being told that the ST-S was pre wired for audio. The bike is apart and there are speaker wires already in place. I also added heated grips and the GPS with no issue. When I went to install the radio the connection between the harness and the radio does not seem to be present. If anybody has or has had the ST radio kit could you tell me if there was a cable or connector that came with the kit to allow this connection. I don't want to spend another 200.00 just to find out I need a new wire harness.
    Apparently, not completely wired. OK, what I did was Google for radio kit spyder st and came up with this part number - 219400521. Then I went to https://instructions.brp.com/ and searched on that part # and came up with this. https://instructions.brp.com/content...mber=219400521. The instructions show that a radio harness is part of the radio kit. There is also a DIN cable as part of the kit. I believe the DIN cable is used to connect a hardwired helmet headset. You can probably get by without it. There are also a couple of brackets to mount the radio but you may be able to get by without them or fab something yourself that will work.

Partshark supposedly has the audio harness for $80. I searched on the part number from the instructions parts list.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Looks like the only part I need is the harness. I don't suppose you or anybody here can tell if this is what it looks like? Thanks for the help.

s-l500.jpg

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Hawk View Post
    Looks like the only part I need is the harness. I don't suppose you or anybody here can tell if this is what it looks like? Thanks for the help.

s-l500.jpg
    That looks like what's shown in the parts diagrams. Search for BRP 710002831. Supposedly Leaders RPM shop has one, or more. Yesterday I saw one on Parts Shark site. They are pretty scarce. If neither of those places has one you might have to get one from Russia. They come up in the search quite a bit!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Well it turns out that an 2010 RT radio, though it does work, will not charge an iPod without the cable from 2010. There was circuitry in the little box that was connected to it that I believe is required. Does anybody have one of those relics from days gone by that they do not need???