Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Spyder radio

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Spyder radio

    Does anybody out there know if the RT radio will plug into a Spyder ST-S? All the stock radios look the same, have the same functions, and operate of the same handlebar switch. Never the less I can't find any documentation on if it is the same radio. They all have different part numbers but seem to be the same thing. Any gurus out there that can shed some light on this??

  2. #2
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central VERMONT
    Posts
    13,833
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Hawk View Post
    Does anybody out there know if the RT radio will plug into a Spyder ST-S? All the stock radios look the same, have the same functions, and operate of the same handlebar switch. Never the less I can't find any documentation on if it is the same radio. They all have different part numbers but seem to be the same thing. Any gurus out there that can shed some light on this??
    On most veh's today, the MAIN wiring harnesses are the same .... some veh's have ALL the bells & whistles and the extra's will be plugged in so they function .... I think the St type did have a factory radio as an Option .... if so the wiring should be there .... this can be checked if you go to CHEAPCYCLEPARTS.COM and enter the wiring harness number in the " what part number " box .... it will show you every Spyder ( and year ) that the part has been used in ...... now the bad news ... will the radio from the RT series have a place to put it .... and will it fit .... the other issue will be the CONTROLS .... this could be a very,very expensive thing to do .... OPTION - B .... get a SHARK stereo and use that ..... look on e-bay and get one with a separate wired remote .... good luck .... Mike

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    It had the radio option so I think the wires are there. From what I can decipher it looks like the radio was the same from 2010 to 2015 I think. I was just wondering because the radio is the only option that my ST-S doesn't have. I added the heated grips and adjustable bars off the RT and they worked. The radios though have a different part number for every year.

  4. #4
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6,973
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Hawk View Post
    It had the radio option so I think the wires are there. From what I can decipher it looks like the radio was the same from 2010 to 2015 I think. I was just wondering because the radio is the only option that my ST-S doesn't have. I added the heated grips and adjustable bars off the RT and they worked. The radios though have a different part number for every year.
    Looking at the operator's guide for the 2013 and 2015 ST it looks like the cluster and its operation is the same as the RT. The ST guide even mentions CB so I'm inclined to think the RT audio system is the same as the optional ST one. The radio part numbers change each year as minor tweeks are made to the design from year to year.

    You're in luck! I just checked the parts list for a 2015 ST Limited and the 2015 RT SE6. The radio module part number is the same, so yes, and RT radio will fit your ST! The P/N for 2015 is 710004211.

    2014 Copper RTS

    Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I have a 2013 ST-S but I assume the same applies. Thanks for the help. I've been looking for that answer for years.

  6. #6
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    6,973
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Hawk View Post
    I have a 2013 ST-S but I assume the same applies. Thanks for the help. I've been looking for that answer for years.
    I'd get the newest radio you can find. BRP has done pretty good with keeping things forward and backward compatible for the same item.

    2014 Copper RTS

    Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

  7. #7
    Very Active Member billybovine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitchell, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,767
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    There are some changes in the 2016 radio. I think that will make it not compatible with previous years.

    2018 F3 LIMITED

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I think 2015 was the last year they made the ST so it would make sense that it would change then. Thanks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •