Thread: Front Grill !!

Spyder Garage

Default Front Grill !!

I was looking at Chupaca's 2012 RS SM5 . It has , as you know , a front grill , witch i would think , would bring in air in to the motor . I think this is an awesome idea and it looks good also . I think this will be something i would like to do . The previous owner of my bike put lights if front were the vents were. I'm sure a front grill will be a big help to bring in cool air . Any thoughts on this one ?
    2009 Roadster SM5 , Silver and Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I was looking at Chupaca's 2012 RS SM5 . It has , as you know , a front grill , witch i would think , would bring in air in to the motor . I think this is an awesome idea and it looks good also . I think this will be something i would like to do . The previous owner of my bike put lights if front were the vents were. I'm sure a front grill will be a big help to bring in cool air . Any thoughts on this one ?
    The front grill on mine just brings in air for the radiators on each side. The air comes in the front grill and goes out the sides through the radiators. It cools the water. There is really not much point in getting air flow across the engine on a water cooled engine. Air flow across the engine might bring unwanted hot air up to blow on you.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Thanks Gwolf , i never thought about the heat off the engine . I was thinking i would get more of a response from someone that may have tried this or even from Chupaca himself . I haven't put any time on it , so i will wait till i get it out of winter storage .

Spyder Garage

Where are you planning on putting these 'Front Grills'?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

On our home page , right hand side bar with Popular Spyders , Chupaca has his low and in the front. Just thought it would be something that might help keep it cool. Thanks

Spyder Garage

BRP had some kind of recall for heat issues on the the RT around 2013.
    I thought there was another panel redesign available for the RS at, or near the same time to address the heat issues on the RS.
    I apologize in advance if my recollection is wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I... apologize in advance .... i know nothing about my new to me ride . Except from what i'v read and the off the wall questions i ask on this great site . I bought it the last week of November and had to put it in storage asap (snow). I'm waiting to get it home with in the next two weeks . I have not driven the bike for more than 30 min's , and that was two rides . I'v read the Operator's Guide from cover to cover a few times . I took a picture , with my phone , of the do's and don't . And have read that more than once . LOL ... so i'm like many others on this site , just wanting to make my NEW riding experience as pleasurable as possible . So i just want to say ... Thanks for all your help !!! Gilbert