Spyder Garage

Default Under glow lights that change from white to red when on the brakes?

I remember seeing someone talking about under glow lights that are white, but turn red when you get on the brakes. Does anyone know who sells these?
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops
    3.5mm Extension from Amazon
    Lamonster USB Cable Holder & Cable
    Foam Grips from Spyderpops
    Tricled Strobe Brake Light module
    Tricled Bag Lights (replace reflectors)
    Tricled Turn/Brake/Run Signals Rear
    Tricled Floorboard Lights
    Tricled Sequential Run/Turn Fender Lights
    Tricled A-Frame Run/Turn Lights
    Tricled LED American Flag Mount & Flag
    Showchrome American Flag
    2020 RT Limited , Says Chalk White, but in person it is much more gray

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FINFAN3DP View Post
    I remember seeing someone talking about under glow lights that are white, but turn red when you get on the brakes. Does anyone know who sells these?
    I advise check with your State DMV about those lights ..... in Vermont those would be illegal and could get you a ticket .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I advise check with your State DMV about those lights ..... in Vermont those would be illegal and could get you a ticket .... good luck .... Mike
    Legal here in VA as long as red, or amber and pointing at the ground. As per a new law passed in 2018. I think i will take my chances with the white part.
    2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited "The Comet #2"

Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Passenger Armrests From Can Am
    Wolo Big Bad Max Airhorn
    Lamonster Top Cuff W/Ram Ball
    Lamonster Power Plate
    Tackform Phone Mount
    Key Cover from Ebay
    Lamonster Mirror Locks
    Ultragard Cover from Lamonster
    Top Grills from Spyderpops
    Garage Door Opener from Spyderpops
    3.5mm Extension from Amazon
    Lamonster USB Cable Holder & Cable
    Foam Grips from Spyderpops
    Tricled Strobe Brake Light module
    Tricled Bag Lights (replace reflectors)
    Tricled Turn/Brake/Run Signals Rear
    Tricled Floorboard Lights
    Tricled Sequential Run/Turn Fender Lights
    Tricled A-Frame Run/Turn Lights
    Tricled LED American Flag Mount & Flag
    Showchrome American Flag
    2020 RT Limited , Says Chalk White, but in person it is much more gray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Agreed. Many areas will have different interpretations, but generally speaking, you can't go wrong with yellow and red. White is usually reserved for a vehicle operating in reverse, but might be allowed if you only see the glow, not the light.

Some states don't allow ANY lights that were not on the vehicle when it left the assembly line, others will allow just about anything, as long as it does not blind other drivers or otherwise cause confusion.

In my town, red lights are allowed at the rear of the vehicle. Blue lights are allowed just about anywhere, but if they are facing forward, they can NOT flash.

My son has some strips on his 2-wheeler that he got from ledglow.com. "Million-color" strips, controlled by a phone app, but when you hit the brakes, they ALL go red. Not exactly cheap, but might be worth looking into.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The led American flag accessory most people mount under their license plate, will get you a ticket here in mexifourna. However many seasoned cops will simply give you a warning. (Most of them are vets and they honor the American flag.) Just install a cutout switch for any lighting you install and switch it on or off as you cross state lines. Walla!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    The led American flag accessory most people mount under their license plate, will get you a ticket here in mexifourna. However many seasoned cops will simply give you a warning. (Most of them are vets and they honor the American flag.) Just install a cutout switch for any lighting you install and switch it on or off as you cross state lines. Walla!
    with the switch thing, I can cancel almost all my LED's if necessary, however when I added them I used the Fed. D.O.T. regs as to color and placement ..... Also about the seasoned cops thing ( I was one of those ) .... I relied on tempering the letter-of-the-law with the " common sense " thing ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    with the switch thing, I can cancel almost all my LED's if necessary, however when I added them I used the Fed. D.O.T. regs as to color and placement ..... Also about the seasoned cops thing ( I was one of those ) .... I relied on tempering the letter-of-the-law with the " common sense " thing ...... Mike
    I also used the "offender Attitude" guidance system.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer