Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT Seat Replacement Options

I am a new Spyder rider and I live in South Florida. I really enjoy my bike, butt I would like to find more comfortable seats for my Spyder RT Limited. After just a couple of hours the seat becomes a pain. I am considering Corbin seats. The warranty is very short considering the price. Any thoughts on Corbin, or other seat manufacturers? Pictures of cool looking seats (bike) would be helpful.

Thx...

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

We have put almost 3,300 miles on our 2011 RT in the past two months. 1,600 in the last week. Without the Corbin saddle I am not sure I could have done it without being miserable. Corbin gets my vote for a best mod.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am wondering about the seats too.. but was told by a Tech who installs them that a lot of them are being sent back. Because of the plushness of the seat, sometimes the tank cargo lid will not pop up, also can obstruct the back trunk.
    He said they have had issues with the door on the side to the gas tank scratching the paint when opened. He suggested waiting to purchase until they work out the bugs. They look worth the money, but can be a hassle. The guy in the parts department said if you have custom made ones they can take two months to get in. He recommend that if you buy the get the standard black leather. You get those quicker and they have had fewer problems with those. I am still undecided and probably will wait till next year.

Spyder Garage

We, meaning my wife and I, love our Corbin. Get in touch with Sergio or Don at the Ormand Beach office. Tell them Chris Ray recommended. You will get excellent service.

Chris

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just went with Kontour seat and am loving it.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29894

Spyder Garage

I'll second what Chris Ray said, Sergio is great. His cell is: 386-931-6182, tell him Chris and Mike highly recommended him

Spyder Garage

I found the key to comfort is to be able to comfortably ride with my butt raised out of the saddle a bit. I mounted highway pegs down low & a Utopia driver's backrest. I can stand with knees locked on the highway pegs & lean against the backrest, while steering with one or two hands. In this comfortable position, I can ride for miles. This raises me a couple of inches & takes 80-90% of my weight off the my butt, allowing blood & air to freely flow. After a few minutes of this, I'm good in the saddle for another half hour or more.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Mark,

If you wear Depends, you can get even more time between stops.

cougar

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Another vote for Corbin seats. Put 22K on the first seat and 17K on the second--so far. The first seat went down the road when I traded the RS for the RTS. Seat looks and feels just like new. Don't think I will have any warranty type issues.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

I found a custom seat maker locally. My seat was made just for me and I love it. Being 6'6" tall and a XXL upper body, not many things are made for the masses that will fit for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8 Legged Freak View Post
    I found a custom seat maker locally. My seat was made just for me and I love it. Being 6'6" tall and a XXL upper body, not many things are made for the masses that will fit for me.

Dude, you need a BIGGER Spyder!

Spyder Garage

I ordered a Corbin seat for my RT Limited a few days ago. I was good for about an hour on the stock seat then it was time to get off for a few minutes. Looking forward to getting the Corbin but I was told I have a 4 to 5 week delivery date. I ordered it through Cowtown USA. They gave me a great price.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

On the RS I felt like I was riding a mini cycle.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    Dude, you need a BIGGER Spyder!
    Yeah, he needs a cockroach
    What am I laughing about...I'm the same size
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Did anyone try the BRP Comfort seat? Any reports on that one?

Less money than Corbin, and seems that it would do what I would need, which is give me some room to slide back to relax the knees and elbows...

Any info is appreciated.
    Ride safe and often!

[IMG]//C:/Users/Lenny/Downloads/VisitedStatesMap.jpg[/IMG]

Spyder Garage

BRP comfort seat better than stock--not as firm as Corbin. Comfort seat: 18K miles on the 2009 RS and still going.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LennyO View Post
    Did anyone try the BRP Comfort seat? Any reports on that one?

Less money than Corbin, and seems that it would do what I would need, which is give me some room to slide back to relax the knees and elbows...

Any info is appreciated.
    If you are talking about the RT, the Comfort Seat is not an option. It is for the RS.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
    I am a new Spyder rider and I live in South Florida. I really enjoy my bike, butt I would like to find more comfortable seats for my Spyder RT Limited. After just a couple of hours the seat becomes a pain. I am considering Corbin seats. The warranty is very short considering the price. Any thoughts on Corbin, or other seat manufacturers? Pictures of cool looking seats (bike) would be helpful.

Thx...
    Great comments. I think I will go with a Corbin. Many thanks

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Dunno but have Utopia backrest on order. Corbin would be nice but toooooooo many $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    If you are talking about the RT, the Comfort Seat is not an option. It is for the RS.
    I just wanted to get an update in on that statement. Since the time of this post BRP now makes it available for all RT models 2019 and earlier. I didn't look to see what was available 2020 and beyond since I ride a 2016.

Gotta love this place. So much information, so little time to read it, cuz I'm out riding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishathra View Post
    I just wanted to get an update in on that statement. Since the time of this post BRP now makes it available for all RT models 2019 and earlier. I didn't look to see what was available 2020 and beyond since I ride a 2016.

Gotta love this place. So much information, so little time to read it, cuz I'm out riding.
    Yep, way back in July 2011 when this thread was first posted, the RT's were the new Spyders on the block and the Comfort Seats were available for the GS/RS/RSS models; but now, almost 9 years later, BRP not only doesn't make any Comfort seats for GS/RS/RSS models any more, they don't even make the RSS Spyders any more either!

So by default (de fault being that BRP is just not making those GS/RS/RSS models any more!) you can't get Comfort Seats for them..... unless maybe you're lucky enough to find a dealer with one stashed away in their Old 'New Stock' stash somewhere - or should that be New Old Stock?!!

But BRP DOES make comfort seats for RT's now AND they also have 'comfier' seat options for F3's, at least I think that's still true at this stage?! Altho I doubt the Original Posters in this thread are still chasing Comfier Seats for their RT's..... there again, you never know!

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Times they do pass quickly, and opinions change too.

Way back when, I posted about my two Corbins.

Then I posted about the comfort seat from BRP.

Currently (2020), I have two BRP aftermarket seats. On the 2014, the BRP Comfort. On the 2019 F3L the Cannonball Cross Country. Both in the $500 range, and a great upgrade from the OEM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

LOTS of information on this forum about seating. I hated the stock seat on my 2014 and replaced it with an Ultimate seat. Some options:
    1 - Get an AirHawk cushion. Less than $100, distributes the load from your butt, adjustable. If it works you’ve saved $1000.
    2 - Consider an Ultimate seat. They’re the only seat company I know that lets you try the seat for 2 weeks, and if you don’t like it you’ll only pay for shipping. They also make a “tall boy” version that puts the driver 1.5” further back. Available with a fuel door.
    3 - Lots of people like Corbin seats (I had one on my Kawasaki and loved it), but lots of people hate them. Normally, they sit lower than the other brands. Also available with a fuel door.
    4 - Russell Day Long. This is the only brand I’ve never heard anyone complain about. They are customized based on your size (you send them pictures of you on the bike beforehand), but you have to send them your seat because they use your seat pan. If you go that route you might want to purchase someone’s old beat up seat and send that in so that you can keep riding.
    5 - Mustang and other brands - I had a Mustang on my Honda and loved it, never tried one on the Spyder and haven’t seen anyone write them good.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!