Spyder Garage

Default Luggage Rack for 2016 Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Hello fellow Spyders, looking for a luggage rack that will fit a 2016 Can Am Spyder RT Limited. The rack I seek will be supporting a Kuryakyn Grand Pet Palace, Dimensions are 18.5" L x13"W x 14"H.

Help will be deeply appreciated especially by our new micro sheepadoodle puppy.

Thanks to all,

Buchton

Spyder Garage

Check out the CA040 Rivco expandable Racks Buchton - https://www.rivcoproducts.com/shop/c...ca040bk-black/

Not only are they very handy, easy to fit, and work really well as luggage racks, BUT THEY ALSO noticeably reduce the amount of spray & road mush that gets sucked up into the turbulence behind your Spyder & then dumped down your pillion's neck when you're ryding on wet roads/in the rain!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I have this rack in Safety chrome. We use it on all long trips and it works perfect.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I have the rear luggage rack from Diamond R Accessories, https://diamondraccessories.com/shop/. I prefer the type that sits horizontal to the ground, not angling downward.

Spyder Garage

Hello Lew L.. Could not open your attachment. Just have the text, "I have this rack in Safety chrome. We use it on all long trips and it works perfect." Please advise info on this rack.

Many Thanks,

Buchton

Spyder Garage

We also use the Rivco rack shown in Peter's link with our Pet Palace and Harley loves it. He has a great view and can duck out of the wind when it gets uncomfortable. Highly recommend this system for a small dog.
    2020 Spyder RT Limited in Deep Marsala Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buchton View Post
    Hello Lew L.. Could not open your attachment. Just have the text, "I have this rack in Safety chrome. We use it on all long trips and it works perfect." Please advise info on this rack.

Many Thanks,

Buchton
    I believe Lew has the same rack as the one I linked & packerfan shows above, Buchton; only like packerfan's, mine is black, Lew's is chrome.

Here's the Chrome Rack: https://www.rivcoproducts.com/shop/c.../ca040-chrome/

Here's the Black Rack again: https://www.rivcoproducts.com/shop/c...ca040bk-black/

Btw, I looked at but then chose the Rivco Rack over the Diamond R Rack that Scott linked partly because of the Rivco Rack's 'more substantial & load spreading' attachment points (didn't want to risk breaking my trunk lid!) but the Diamond R version is also quite workable for a 'trunk top pet carrier', and it does look purdy!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buchton View Post

Many Thanks,

Buchton
    Hello Buch,
    I've have had the Rivco rack for years. It is sturdy, chrome, allows the high mount brake light to shine. I have also mounted flag holders to it. The other one mentioned here is pretty ( and full of air space). BUT---- couldn't put our dog ,Kaos , who is pictured in the avatar any where near it.
    Mounting is straightforward and I did mount is about 1/4" higher than the plans called for. any other questions. I didn't have a link in my OP???

Lew L
    BTW: I personally wouldn't put more than 10 pounds on it. We put 2 rain suits, 1/2 cover, and a few sundries in a light wt. bag.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Hi Peter. What is the best wat to get rid of the turbulence behind the spyder rt limited? Kind of like the old convert. of yesteryear. It really blows cold air on your neck and back on a cold day. Thanks

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

One of our sponsors F4 sells the same rack https://f4customs.com/expandable-tru...spyder-rt.html they are now in the process of moving to Florida so if you wait until May 4th they will there and ready to ship.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 04-13-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LSpyder View Post
    Hi Peter. What is the best wat to get rid of the turbulence behind the spyder rt limited? Kind of like the old convert. of yesteryear. It really blows cold air on your neck and back on a cold day. Thanks
    Hi LSpyder, before fitting that Rivco Rack (mentioned above & avail thru F4 Customs as per CopperSpyder's post) I played with 'wool tell-tales' stuck all over my RT Ltd to see where the air-flow was actually going, then on the basis of that info, sourced the Rivco Rack & tested it out.

Once fitted, the amount of road spray, cold air, & all the other goop sucked up by the turbulence to the sides & rear of the Spyder was massively reduced by the rack alone; but it's reduced even more with the addition of a flat deck (1/8" ply cut to size & fitted on the top of the rack) or just putting/carrying someting on the rack itself - in my case, that's usually the BRP 1/2 cover in its bag &/or a 'Camel-bak' hydration pack.

My 'regular pillion passenger' reports that since fitting the Rivco Rack, not only is the cold breeze down her back & neck now almost non-existent, but whenever it's wet & mucky she no longer gets all that crap dumped down her neck & back either! And when ryding solo, the pillion seat now remains a lot cleaner all the time (I often ryde on dusty roads!) & a whole lot drier in the rain, plus the entire back of the bike remains a lot cleaner too, with what little road dirt there is all kept down below the trunk lid. Which is pretty much Winnning all round as far as I'm concerned!

Over to you!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!