Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Higher octane and more timing can make more power so hypothetically if the engine's computer is able to advance timing without pinging it can make more power without having higher compression.

That being said I lm I'm trying to figure out if ethanol free 93 is better than 93 with 10% lethanol. I'm tracking the next few tanks of ethanol free to see if there is an increase in mileage and power.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

It's also recommended that you not fill up when the delivery tanker is hooked to the underground tanks. Seems if they pump the gas into it, it disturbs the sediment and you may pump debris into your tank. I only had occasion to fill up when the tanker truck was there and had to run my tank empty on bad gas for a tankful. It was not fun. 200 miles. Speedway gas station. GL1800 GoldWing.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

every answer here will be a little different but all good info. I found as long as you don't use diesel your spyder will start.

Spyder Garage

I have noticed if I fill up with 90 octane, my Spyder (2019 RTL) will spark knock just a couple times when accelerating from a stop. With 93 octane I don't think it does. I'm rechecking my memory now. Last time I filled up they had 90 octane super and I am spark knocking from a stop. I will try to find a 93 octane station next time to see if it goes away.
    2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papa103 View Post
    I have noticed if I fill up with 90 octane, my Spyder (2019 RTL) will spark knock just a couple times when accelerating from a stop. With 93 octane I don't think it does. I'm rechecking my memory now. Last time I filled up they had 90 octane super and I am spark knocking from a stop. I will try to find a 93 octane station next time to see if it goes away.
    ... I've drag raced ( at a legal track ) with a V-twin and the 1330 ...... using 87 and they never missed a beat .... I think there might be something that needs to be looked at on your Spyder ...... good luck .... mike

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Owner Manual 2016 F3T...

fuel.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

From BRP for a 2016 F3. Hmmmm

Type Premium unleaded gasoline
    87 Pump Posted AKI (RON+MON)/2 Minimum octane
    92 RON
    91 Pump Posted AKI (RON+MON)/2
    Fuel - Refer to
    FUEL REQUIREMENTS
    Recommended octane
    95 RON
    Fuel tank capacity 27 L (7.1 U.S. gal.)

2022 RT Sea To Sky