Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

From post #5:

The moderators are just trying to make sure that no "bad" information gets posted concerning the virus. We have already had some complaints that we are allowing people to post information that may or may not be correct.

One has suggested that we kill all virus threads because of the possibility of mis-information.

We do not wish to do that...

We are treading a fine line here...so please bear with us.

And we would say, it is working across the board and on similar threads.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-28-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    To borrow a line from The Thirteenth Warrior, "Panic profits a man nothing."
    Toilet paper panic profits the chili eater. - Me
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Being retired from Cal-Fire (the agency in California largely responsible for preventing and suppressing wildland fires. Though we also have a great number of 'City' fire departments as well). I get a weekly 'Retired Members' update. Mostly obituaries of retirees who have passed. But it also contains other items of interest to life long firefighters and first responders in general. Here is an analogy that came in the latest edition which I feel worth repeating.

Analogy from a retired wildland firefighter regarding the Coronavirus

As a retired battalion chief from California who fought wildland fires for 34 years, I have some experience in rapidly escalating emergencies, and I would like to share an analogy with everyone that may help put things in perspective for those who are resisting or ignoring social distancing recommendations.

I think it would help to look at the Corona Virus as an invisible wildfire. Each and every one of us represent the fuel that this wildfire could potentially consume. This wildfire will not discriminate based on age, race, religion, social-economic status, sexuality, your sexual identity or political affiliation.

When an incident commander arrives on a fast moving wildfire and realizes it’s advancing faster than the initial response can handle, they order an incident management team. These are highly trained people, expert in specific areas of addressing an overwhelming emergency, { that would be the CDC in this analogy } . The first thing the team does is transition from initial attack mode, to planning on a much larger scale. The team will start looking at where the fire will be tomorrow, where will it be 2 days from now, 2 weeks from now, { or in this case, months from now }. By looking days or weeks ahead, they attempt to get ahead of the fire, not forced to simply react to what it is doing now. This, many times, means implementing a plan that removes fuel from the path of the fire. A fire, starved for fuel, is much easier to contain. Remember, WE, you and I, are the fuel in this wildfire analogy.

Social distancing is an effective way of removing the fuel from this advancing fire {virus}. Most people would not put themselves in front of an advancing wildfire. Nor, hopfully, would they ignore the advice of a trained professional trying to help them. Yet, some people still seem resistant to the idea of social distancing recommendations from the CDC. Reasons vary, and can include financial concerns, simply not liking to be told what to do, and some my not have accepted the potential severity of the fire {virus}. But if you and I do not work together and realize that we are the fuel in the path of this wildfire. We may well be adding to the problem rather than being a part of the solution.

I can tell you that as good as our emergency response teams are. They cannot do the job alone. They are not simply generating edicts from their high tower. They are on the ground with men and women, putting their lives on the line to make a difference. It takes, sometimes, thousands of firefighters, cooperating government and civilian organizations, and a public citizenry that is willing to work within the plan, to subdue some very difficult and sometimes deadly wildland fires. It is my hope that we all start listening to the CDC guidelines. The CDC is not perfect. And there are many unknowns, just as in a wildland fire. But together, we can beat this.

The numbers of Corona virus cases are growing daily, as well as the deaths from this 'wildfire'. We can't save those already lost. But we can go a long way towards protecting those who are not yet affected. We all need to step up and do the right thing. I know that we can.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-29-2020 at 12:39 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, good one Ron, thanks much.

Spyder Garage

Please stop comparing this Coronavirus Pandemic to the seasonal flu, or Swine flu. There is a vaccine for one of the many strains of flu. None yet for Corvid 19. Let's keep discussing what the experts say. This expert, Dr Anthony Fauci, M.D., NIAID Director says this is 10 times more deadly. TEN Times!

Also this Virus is asymptomatic. Note the NBA players who tested positive but felt well enough to play. The Flu is 50%

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Being retired from Cal-Fire (the agency in California largely responsible for preventing and suppressing wildland fires. Though we also have a great number of 'City' fire departments as well). I get a weekly 'Retired Members' update. Mostly obituaries of retirees who have passed. But it also contains other items of interest to life long firefighters and first responders in general. Here is an analogy that came in the latest edition which I feel worth repeating.

Analogy from a retired wildland firefighter regarding the Coronavirus
    You have shared a very good response to your own question in the first post. Thank you.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I got this note from my son in law, Ryan, this morning. He is a nurse practitioner working in a small hospital where they are gearing up for the virus. Pretty much goes along with what we have been hearing from the experts. Just thought I would post it.

From Ryan on the front lines.

Some FYI for today. Our ER doc spoke with a doc that is over a COVID hospital in the US that has now handled hundreds of COVID patients. He says they have learned tons from studying the virus there. The primary mode of transmission in almost all cases is touching around your eyes, nose, or mouth after touching a contaminated surface. He says if we literally practice religious hand hygiene and never touch our face without thoroughly washing our hands right before, we won't get it. They've found that you can be in the same room breathing the same air as a COVID patient for up to 30 minutes before you get enough droplet load to contract the disease. An exception would be them coughing or sneezing directly at you of course. Our ER doc does not think we will get a tidal wave of cases in this region as predicted. Hope he's right, but we are prepping for the tidal wave nonetheless.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Preparing for a tidal wave that never comes is better than the other way around. Thanks for the update.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

A lot of good information here and available elsewhere. We are surely in a changing world and I hope this is not a forever thing. Meanwhile, while I am social-distancing, I have discovered several different TV options through my streaming stuff. I am currently in the middle of watching some of the episodes of "Laugh-In". Pretty irreverent stuff for 50 years ago. And a lot of dead people who did guest appearances. Bringing some humor into the current situation is a good diversion. Stay well..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

double post.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Preparing for a tidal wave that never comes is better than the other way around.
    The country and the state governments certainly forgot about the many viral epidemics in the near past. Heard that there were many thousands of " out dated " masks in a warehouse in the mid west????

https://khn.org/morning-breakout/the...heyre-expired/
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When this thing is done, warehouses all over the country will be full of these masks' and whatever else we can no longer use.

Spyder Garage

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gwolf View Post
    “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    When this thing is done, warehouses all over the country will be full of these masks' and whatever else we can no longer use.
    And people will be dumping the shed full of tp that they had been hoarding.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh yes, you mean those folks that were gonna re-sell at the big profit? I got a big chuckle when some of those folks were trying to return baskets full of TP to Cosco and they wouldn't accept it. :>) There's a moral to that story.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Oh yes, you mean those folks that were gonna re-sell at the big profit? I got a big chuckle when some of those folks were trying to return baskets full of TP to Cosco and they wouldn't accept it. :>) There's a moral to that story.
    Keep it. For sure that is one item that will eventually get used up.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    Keep it. For sure that is one item that will eventually get used up.
    As long as the roof of the shed where the excess TP is stored doesn't spring a leak!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good one, MtnSpyder, and of course, if the store does not take the TP back then the only course of action is for the hoarder is to hoard the TP. End of my story.

Spyder Garage

Don't you all just love Karma?

There is a person in MO that tried to snarf up all the hand sanitizer he could get his hands on. He thought he was going to get $70 per bottle.

He was issued a cease and desist order and is now stuck with it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think he gave away a bunch to the Fire Fighters and the what was left got seized by the Government.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I think he gave away a bunch to the Fire Fighters and the what was left got seized by the Government.
    If true then ......... Personally I think what was worse was how all the Mainstream media ( not Fox news ) was trashing the " My Pillow " guy, for His religious comments when He was at a recent White House public briefing ( for being thanked for His Donation of MASKS ).... I am aware of His life story as a recovering DRUG Addict, who proclaims religion saved His life ....... just my prospective on that ...... stay safe .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I missed that update. Thank you

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Not gonna comment on mr pillow guy as it is a waste of time. not fit for off topic Spyderlovers either. Jmo
    Last edited by TicketBait; 04-01-2020 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Decided to be nicer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I missed that update. Thank you
    I am pretty sure he was forced to give away or the feds were going to confiscate it all.