Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Prudence or Panic?

Perspective... It's invaluable to any process of determining what actions should be taken in any situation. But it seems that perspective is exactly what is missing from the world today. Could it be that we have exchanged the wide view for tunnel vision, and swapped out the forest for the trees? Have we abandoned the panorama for the microscope?

While everyone is so concerned about the coronavirus, there is an even deadlier virus that seems to be completely off the radar: the flu. According to the the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The same people who give us current information on the coronavirus), has estimated (based on weekly influenza surveillance data) that at least 12,000 people have died from influenza, the common flu, between Oct. 1, 2019 through Feb. 1, 2020 (5 months), and the number of deaths may be as high as 30,000. You have to wonder. If the numbers for a known milady that we have been dealing with for years can be off by as much as 150%. How accurate can we expect the numbers for a brand new, previously unknown affliction to be? But I digress.

The CDC also estimates that up to 31 million Americans have caught the flu during this same 5 month period, with 210,000 to 370,000 flu sufferers hospitalized because of the virus.

So, in the last 5 months we have had as many as 31 million Americans get the flu, and as many as 30,000 die from it. And this happens, pretty much, every year. With no interactive charts. No daily (or hourly) updates. No executive orders from the president or billion dollar, emergency bills passed through the legislature. No one fighting over a package of toilet paper. Not a single school or business closed. No one ordered to stay at home under threat of arrest. Why not? I think it is simply the known vs the unknown. And our lack of perspective.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-23-2020 at 07:54 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

.... why is this ???? ..... imho it's because the FLU has been around for CENTURY's ..... and the treatment is well known ..... as far as the Stock Market is concerned - Remember the well publicized Dow Jones is based on .... only about 40 stocks ..... what the 10,000 other stocks are doing isn't mentioned. My portfolio doesn't include ANY of those Top 40 and hasn't been affected too much ..... just some perspective ..... stay safe all ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

To borrow a line from The Thirteenth Warrior, "Panic profits a man nothing."
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Baja,

You have forced me to come back on here.

We have all heard the stories that the flu shot is useless because they don't ever get it, and they don't get the flu. Others say they weren't getting the flu shot, but b/c where they work it is required, and they ended up getting sick. Others, like myself get the flu shot, and don't get the flu. Still others get the flu shot, and some still get the flu. But, how many would die if there was no flu shot? So, maybe some of those (12000-30000) that die from the flu may be from not getting the flu shot.

Now, the Coronas virus, there has been no shot developed for it. So, do we go about business as usual as they try to develop the anti-coronas virus shot???

The take away from this is how many of the 12000-30000 that die from the flu didn't get a shot? Those numbers could be significantly less?

I know this is a stretch, but I don't think you are comparing apples to apples, regarding deaths (from flu to corona virus).

Spyder Garage

Just a hint folks.

Let's not get technical unless you are an expert in the subject.

We don't mind people talking about CV...but unless you have expert credentials...let's not put things out there that are not proven fact.

This is not a medical information site. So let's not imply it is.

This statement has appeared in the other CV threads.

The moderators are just trying to make sure that no "bad" information gets posted concerning the virus. We have already had some complaints that we are allowing people to post information that may or may not be correct.

One has suggested that we kill all virus threads because of the possibility of mis-information.

We do not wish to do that...

We are treading a fine line here...so please bear with us.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-23-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thank you, AR. T. Even though I am Spyderless (at the moment) I still visit here often. There are many people that contribute here who I respect and appreciate. I participate in other forums too but none of them are as active or well run as this one. My day is not complete without checking in here. Now with social distancing and in some cases, stay at home orders, I think it's important to maintain a good positive support network. Checking in here is part of mine..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Hi all.

I do not have a Spyder at the moment and perhaps I won't get one for some years ahead (I have 3 motorcycles), but I joined this forum because I like very much this machine and I was looking for some info about it. That's why I'm here.

I live in the Italian town of Vicenza, in between Verona and Venice, about 200 Km east of Milan.
    I'd like to give some info to you in the US, based on what is going on here in Italy - hope this can contribute to understand the virus topic and help around:

1) This large virus outbreak and high death toll in Italy (mainly Northern area) probably was caused by a combination of these factors:

- Despite local authorities here knew well what was going on in China, they did not implement social distancing measures with good time margin (in the hope not to disrupt business activities too much). When they reacted, it was already late and the business is seriously disrupted now.

- I can make an effort to appreciate local authorities' attempt to have social distancing measures implemented, but sometimes measures were communicated either in an ineffective way or simply measures were contradictory.
    For example, about 2 weeks ago, while the Prime Minister was preparing with his staff the first country lockdown plan, the news leaked out to the public and thousands of people took trains to escape Milan in the North to head down to the South
    For example, in Milan the underground railway (tube) is still open and working, although with less train departures - I used the tube for may years in the past and it's a perfect place for public gatherings
    I understand that the tube is instead closed in New York and this is logic.

- Italian people, especially the young, are not exactly the most disciplined to adhere to the lockdown measures, such that authorities are more and more reinforcing the lockdown by a capillary control on the territory with police and army forces

- Italy's population is made by a lot of elderly and they're unfortunately the first exposed people.

- But probably, one of the most important contributors to the sad current situation (high death toll) is that the Italian National Health Service (NHS) underwent continuous under funding over the last 20-30 years.
    This means that in hospitals there are no enough doctors, nurses, equipment (respirators, masks, bad maintained air conditioning system in hospitals and swab kits) and so the NHS is struggling to keep pace with the overwhelming number of ill people.
    Swab kits are essential to map the contagion cases and isolating them - without this you cannot really know where the virus can hit and prevent other contagion cases (I understand that South Korea and Japan were very good at this).

- The most affected area in Italy is the "Pianura Padana" area, including the Lombardia and Veneto regions (main towns there are Milan and Verona respectively). That area is flat and surrounded by the Alps mountains in the north, the weather is quite stable (no major winds and rain in January, February and March) and the air is very polluted by the industrial activity (manufacturing facilities and road traffic). Air pollution does not help lunges. THis area is Italy's powerhouse.

- And last, but not least, COVID-19 is not exactly the typical pneumonia caused by the flu - it's more aggressive than that. It's so aggressive that now local virologists start to think that the virus has already mutated and it's more dangerous than it was in China.

Please, stay healthy

Spyder Garage

Because this is such an emotional subject. Objectivity can be scarce sometimes. Especially when the 'Experts' who are supposed to know. Are many times guessing right along with you and I.

I agree with Arion. Panic can easily do more harm than good in any situation. Because panic tends to disconnect the brain and rational thinking from the equation.

In response to you wyliec, I am glad that you 'Came Back'. It's been awhile since I have seen a post from you. I am sorry that you felt compelled because of my post. Certainly the 2 viruses are not identical. And I was not trying to say they were. It is just interesting to me that the numbers for the 'Regular' flu, if we can call it that, are horrendous compared to the Corona Virus. It appears that the perceived potential of this new virus has to be driving the reaction.

To ARtraveler. I assume this is general advise and I do not take it personally. I agree that bad advise is always, well, bad. I do not claim to be an expert, and I hope I am giving no one the impression that I am. I am giving no medical advise. I am not proposing that anyone do anything other than what the authorities are prescribing. Or that what the government is doing is wrong. It is always wise to take precautions. The information posted is readily verifiable on the CDC website.

The human experience has always fascinated me. What causes otherwise civil people to fight (some viciously) over a package of toilet paper in a grocery store? To strip shelves all over the nation? And for some, to huddle in fear inside their homes?

According to all reports. The gun and ammunition industry is having difficulties keeping up with the record demand for these products. Prudence or Panic?

My sister-in-law went to the grocery store in Atascadero, California on Saturday because they were out of some staple items. One of her best friends found out about it and was furiously angry at her for doing so. And I suspect that this kind of reaction is not isolated. I don't think we should be stoic about all of this. But being a bit more rational, I think for some, would be a better approach.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-23-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

BajaRon, thank you for your post, but then, I happen to agree with ou . When is the last time you heard the media go off about the many deaths caused by any Flu virus, even though every year there are thousands. The media in the past couple of day showed the fron page of a paper with the story of that basketball players death from the helecopter crash. Right next to it was a story of the Corona virus, so it really isn't that new. And as for the thought that the forum is in it's right to censor what is written here, I guess that is one of the reasons I don't participate as much as I used to. EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion, as long as it is presented in an intellegent manner. If they are incorrect, how else can they learn if they are not presented all the FACTS?

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Based on the presidential press conference today it looks like your question has been answered.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Because this is such an emotional subject. Objectivity can be scarce sometimes. Especially when the 'Experts' who are supposed to know. Are many times guessing right along with you and I.

I agree with Arion. Panic can easily do more harm than good in any situation. Because panic tends to disconnect the brain and rational thinking from the equation.

In response to you wyliec, I am glad that you 'Came Back'. It's been awhile since I have seen a post from you. I am sorry that you felt compelled because of my post. Certainly the 2 viruses are not identical. And I was not trying to say they were. It is just interesting to me that the numbers for the 'Regular' flu, if we can call it that, are horrendous compared to the Corona Virus. It appears that the perceived potential of this new virus has to be driving the reaction.

To ARtraveler. I assume this is general advise and I do not take it personally. I agree that bad advise is always, well, bad. I do not claim to be an expert, and I hope I am giving no one the impression that I am. I am giving no medical advise. I am not proposing that anyone do anything other than what the authorities are prescribing. Or that what the government is doing is wrong. It is always wise to take precautions. The information posted is readily verifiable on the CDC website.

The human experience has always fascinated me. What causes otherwise civil people to fight (some viciously) over a package of toilet paper in a grocery store? To strip shelves all over the nation? And for some, to huddle in fear inside their homes?

According to all reports. The gun and ammunition industry is having difficulties keeping up with the record demand for these products. Prudence or Panic?

My sister-in-law went to the grocery store in Atascadero, California on Saturday because they were out of some staple items. One of her best friends found out about it and was furiously angry at her for doing so. And I suspect that this kind of reaction is not isolated. I don't think we should be stoic about all of this. But being a bit more rational, I think for some, would be a better approach.
    Yes, general advice. We are not picking anyone out. Just follow basic common sense with the subjects and we are good.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Some good reading from one of the country's foremost medical centers.

https://www.globalhealthnow.org/2020...-reality-check

It's a pretty sobering assessment of the global situation. It's also based on science. No wishful thinking or comforting platitudes, just a large dose of reality.

This coronavirus death toll will far exceed 30,000 dead. There are worst case scenario estimates that the number of dead in the US alone, could approach close to 2,000,000 dead. This is far, far more serious than the seasonal flu.

The only way we can avoid a worst case is to follow social distancing recommendations to the letter, along with any other medical advice the experts can give as more knowledge becomes available.

I fear that after years of deriding science, too many citizens will be inpart, or totally, sceptical of any guidance that may be given by the experts in a position to best get us through this nightmare. If people don't closely follow guidelines as they are given, everyday life could quickly devolve into a Stephen King type existence.

If, however, everyone gets on board and does their best to fight this virus, things will get better as quickly as possible. There will be hardships. Life will not be idyllic. But we will get through this. It won't be easy or quick.

If, on the other hand, we ignore or flat out disbelieve what the experts tell us and we go about our collective merry way, the outcome will be anything but merry. The death toll will be horrendous, the effects on the economy will be dire and life as we know know it could very well come to an end for a very long time. The social construct of our country could be destroyed if we don't get through this together.

We need to heed the consensus of the scientific and medical community experts to get us through these trying times as quickly and with as little pain as possible. It won't be easy, but it is vitally important that everyone does their part.

Decisions need to be made on fact based science and not on political expediency. This will be a long battle against an invisible virus. Let's get through this as a united country, with as few casualties as possible.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

People will live, people will die. Same concept as every other day, with a twist on the cause of death.

Each person should find there own comfort level and ability to contend with the specific situation presented in front of them.

Death is a sad thing, but it happens. Accomplish what you must before you pass so that when your time arrives, you hopefully can be at peace with yourself that you lived a good life.

Sadly, a crisis like this brings out the worst in many people, and can bring out the best in others. Be your best, help others when possible, avoid your risks, and accept what you must when the time comes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    Some good reading from one of the country's foremost medical centers.

https://www.globalhealthnow.org/2020...-reality-check

It's a pretty sobering assessment of the global situation. It's also based on science. No wishful thinking or comforting platitudes, just a large dose of reality.

This coronavirus death toll will far exceed 30,000 dead. There are worst case scenario estimates that the number of dead in the US alone, could approach close to 2,000,000 dead. This is far, far more serious than the seasonal flu.

The only way we can avoid a worst case is to follow social distancing recommendations to the letter, along with any other medical advice the experts can give as more knowledge becomes available.

I fear that after years of deriding science, too many citizens will be inpart, or totally, sceptical of any guidance that may be given by the experts in a position to best get us through this nightmare. If people don't closely follow guidelines as they are given, everyday life could quickly devolve into a Stephen King type existence.

If, however, everyone gets on board and does their best to fight this virus, things will get better as quickly as possible. There will be hardships. Life will not be idyllic. But we will get through this. It won't be easy or quick.

If, on the other hand, we ignore or flat out disbelieve what the experts tell us and we go about our collective merry way, the outcome will be anything but merry. The death toll will be horrendous, the effects on the economy will be dire and life as we know know it could very well come to an end for a very long time. The social construct of our country could be destroyed if we don't get through this together.

We need to heed the consensus of the scientific and medical community experts to get us through these trying times as quickly and with as little pain as possible. It won't be easy, but it is vitally important that everyone does their part.

Decisions need to be made on fact based science and not on political expediency. This will be a long battle against an invisible virus. Let's get through this as a united country, with as few casualties as possible.
    Mr. Boileranimal,
    I think the health organizations brought on a lot of their own derision and skepticism. I know why they did it (to make the PPE available to front line medical personnel), but the statements like "You (normal citizens) don't need masks" and "Masks aren't effective" while anyone who can have a thought is watching every single front line responder wearing masks and wondering what kind of moron do they think I am. If they would have simply said the truth about conserving for the responders and using social distancing things may have been much smoother.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

We are staying home. We have enough of everything to last us a month or more, but then we always have enough on hand to last awhile. It's just the way we have always done things. I refuse to panic over TP or anything else. It will be whatever it will be and the only things I can control are my own actions. Our daughter is an RN and she is currently working in a doctors office with no masks or any other protective gear. All the PPE has been taken to the area set up for virus patients if/when it hits our area. My wife who loves to sew is making masks for our daughter and her co-workers in her office because as my daughter says "there are many other nasty things we deal with besides Corona on a daily basis and we sure could use masks." Will this make a difference? Who knows, but the folks in this office are tickled and my wife feels she is contributing something. She thinks maybe she can be part of the solution rather than part of the problem. Our daughters hubby is a nurse practitioner and has a voracious thirst for knowledge. He gave us a heads up when this virus was just starting to pop up in the news. " This is going to get ugly. Corona Viruses have been around for many years, but this is a new variation and we have no defense against it. We will see a problem when, not if, it gets here." Now that it's here he suggests we steer clear from people and just follow the guidelines being handed to us. The man doesn't know a screwdriver from a shoestring, but in this type of situation he's good to have around. He and my daughter work for the same health system and have been told to be ready to go where needed on a moments notice and plan on being there for the duration. What makes it more fun is that their oldest daughter, our oldest grandkid, has decided to follow them and is a nurse in a nursing home. If I ever need any mechanical help around here I'm out of luck, but if I grab my chest and fall over I'll be in great hands. That's pretty much how it is at our house. Our daughter, her hubby, and our granddaughter will be on the front lines. Our son is an eighteen year Navy man currently in Norfolk. "I have a couple of hundred people I am responsible for, I don't have time to panic over TP or anything else" he said. Me? Well, when our daughter and hubby gets the call we will have the other three granddaughters ranging in age from 8 to 15. I will be designated head of entertainment. They all like the Spyder, but the weather and the virus may keep it in the garage so I may have to get creative. They are also homeschooling while this is going down and it has been many years since I have schooled for anything. Wish me luck as I know one teacher who may get in trouble for drinking on the job. Stay well and may we all get through this so we can meet on the road soon.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I needed some things from the store, toothpaste, mouthwash, and a couple other things. To avoid the craziness happening at my local grocery store I decided to take advantage of the "special" senior shopping time offered by Walmart. Walmart is reserving time for seniors only from 6AM to 7AM on Tuesdays. So I got to Walmart right at 6 this morning. This is a huge store with a huge parking lot. The lot was about 3/4th full. They had one person at the entrance letting 10 people in at a time with a minute or so between groups. The line to get in wrapped around the front, down the side, and half way across the back of the store. As I walked towards the end of the line I overheard one guy saying he had been in line since 4AM! Everything was very orderly but also sureal. It took me a half hour to get into the store and 20 minutes to shop and check out. This was my first, and last, experience with senior-only shopping time. When I left the store at 6:50AM there was no line to get in. My attempt to avoid panic shopping sure backfired on me. This was crazy. Never again..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Looks like a case of measles

Here's the map of active cases from the John Hopkins University coronavirus live update website. The country looks like it's suffering from a case of measles. What I see disturbingly striking is just how widespread the cases are. Note that many of the dots represent as few as one case. No state in the country is free of the virus, although many counties still are. To see the map in interactive mode go to https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html.

JHU active map 3-24.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

After looking at the map above (https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html) I'm really glad to live in Nevada. Even though we had 3" of partly cloudy and below average temps yesterday.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Well i retired last Wednesday 2 weeks earlier than i anticipated do to we shut down. Friday we got 8" snow. Purchased a new 18 F3 Limited late last fall. Got to pit 100 miles on it before storing for the winter. Now the roads are crappy with sand ans salt so can't ride quite yet.Just to change the thread up a little. Have my own take on the virus. It is a different type of respiratory disease with sharp points that attach to the lungs. Making the lungs more susceptible for bacteria. We will get through this together and only that way. Together we will win divided we will fall.
    For a take on Wyliec . He was or still is in health care. None of us or authorities on this even they are confused. So that being said all ride safe and social distance until we can gather again

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    Well i retired last Wednesday 2 weeks earlier than i anticipated do to we shut down. Friday we got 8" snow. Purchased a new 18 F3 Limited late last fall. Got to pit 100 miles on it before storing for the winter. Now the roads are crappy with sand ans salt so can't ride quite yet.Just to change the thread up a little. Have my own take on the virus. It is a different type of respiratory disease with sharp points that attach to the lungs. Making the lungs more susceptible for bacteria. We will get through this together and only that way. Together we will win divided we will fall.
    For a take on Wyliec . He was or still is in health care. None of us or authorities on this even they are confused. So that being said all ride safe and social distance until we can gather again
    Your retirement ........................... Mike

Spyder Garage

Ron,

Prudence and perspective may indeed be our best tools in the current situation. Regardless of whether the fatality rate of CV is greater or lesser than influenza, the sheer virulence of CV rates prudent treatment.

BTW, I had a flu shot this year... and caught the flu anyway. I was given the vaccine for Type A and managed to catch Type B. I'm 62, with no respiratory issues and generally in good health (other than unrelated joint issues) and the flu put me out of action for three weeks, with another month before fully recovering. At one point, I woke up unable to breathe and wondering if this was it - no drama intended. I suspect that contracting CV wouldn't be any less dangerous than that. It's worth the attention and precautions IMO... but not the panic that we're seeing.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldretiredcop View Post
    Ron,

Prudence and perspective may indeed be our best tools in the current situation. Regardless of whether the fatality rate of CV is greater or lesser than influenza, the sheer virulence of CV rates prudent treatment.
    SARS had a death rate about 10% and MERS about 34%. That compares to about 1% for Covid-19. However, the contagiousness and transmissibility of Covid-19 is magnitudes greater. There were only a handful of SARS and MERS cases in the US. Death rate by itself is not a meaningful number. https://abcnews.go.com/US/coronaviru...ry?id=69329364. Dr Frieden, former CDC director and CEO of Resolve to Save Lives, an epidemic fighting world organization, said the same thing tonight on PBS's Firing Line.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Canamjb, right on target with your comment, shopping at Walmart is no fun, none, ya get home all aggravated. So to endure senior shopping there is aggravation to the max; some dummy at Walmart corporate fell off his fell chair thinking this one up? I suspect this 'person' got one of those Walmart $ bonus for this one. Just my opinion.....

Spyder Garage

I have to say that I am very proud of everyone who has commented. You have kept the conversation civil, rational, and maybe even productive. I knew this one had a real potential for the forum police to step in. The fact that they have not felt the need to do so is a credit to you all.

It was not my intention to increase the drama, point fingers, or stir up any strife with this. We are in uncharted territory. And I agree that unity is our greatest asset. I hope we, as a nation, choose to apply it. So far, and in large part, I think America has done exactly that (notwithstanding the occasional chaos). I have always felt that there is more to Spyderlovers.com than owning a Can-Am Spyder. I've always gotten the feeling that we are here for each other, when needed. This allows us to benefit from both On and Off-Topic posts.

Thank you all for being there. Ride safe, and stay healthy. This too shall pass.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ron, having been on the gl1800riders forum for many years, I cannot tell you how much better this forum is, in my opinion.