Thread: My weekend...

Spyder Garage

Default My weekend...

First of all, let me say my wife is the ISH!

So last week I'm riding along and the overheating light comes on along w/ limp home mode. This happened after about 5 minutes of riding in 60 degree weather. The temp gauge needle did not move during this. It was right about halfway. So I turned Fred off and gave it about 10 minutes. Started him back up and all was good. I rode a week with no other issues, so I'm thinking everything is good. Well Thursday the light came on again...and again, the temp gauge needle was about half way. So I go ahead and call my dealer who comes to pick it up Friday. The Spyder guy at the dealer was off on Saturday but the service manager checked it out. He said he saw nothing in the history about the light coming on. He said he test drove it about 10 miles. Another mechanic test drove it another 15 or so miles. No problems whatsoever. Service manager says from everything he sees and tests he runs, there is nothing wrong. So I go pick it up. I ride it 1 mile, lights come on. Temp gauge is buried in the red. So I turn around and take it back, slowly. Fred is my only source of transportation.

My wife calls everybody, the shop, the gm, the store owner. The store owner gave me a 2020 RT Limited as a loaner until my bike is ready because they don't know how long before they can get the parts to fix w/ all the Covid stuff going on.

So I just rode it home. If I didn't have to take my wife to work in an hour, I would be out in the mountains somewhere riding it. This thing is a beast. Compared to this, Fred is a tank. Heavy and way more difficult to turn. This thing feels light and super maneuverable. I actually had to look up how to get it in reverse because Fred is a manual and this is semi-auto. I might get to ride this a week. You guys that are going to have your long-term are uber fortunate and I am so jealous.
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like trade in time

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was thinking the same thing. Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Sounds like trade in time
    Except for the about $20k price difference.
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.