Spyder Garage

Deleted
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Last year, I purchased a new 2018. I could not open the frunk either. I felt like it was going to break if I turned it any harder. It is all mechanical with a cable going to the frunk and tripping the mechanical lever to open. Since it was new, it did not open easily. After a few days of trying and giving up, it finally opened. I added a bit of lube and now it opens without issue. It may also help to put a bit of downward pressure helping to relieve pressure on the mechanical opener. Hope this helps!
    2018 RT Limited , Champagne

Spyder Garage

Had the same issue on my 2018. Finally got it to open....cable was froze. As you worked lube and now works fine.
    But, as a second option, I noticed there is a hole thru the swivel latch. Ran a wire in a loop, 14ga if I remember correctly, ran it under the cover.
    Now I seldom use the key. short tug on the looped wire which comes to the edge of the lid works great. If one still prefers the key, its a great backup.