Spyder Garage

Default North Carolina Graham County closings

I just saw a Press Release from Graham County, NC which includes the areas around Robbinsville , Fontana Dam, etc...effective March 23rd they have ordered the closing off all hotels, motels, campgrounds, Bed & Breakfast, Lodges, etc... Also ordered the closing of the Cherohala Skyway and Rte 129 (The Dragon) for an indefinite period !!!!!!!!!! Why close the roads ????? I thought it was ok to be outside ......

Spyder Garage

First responders, PPE, etc., to protect some of the morons from themselves.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by biker01red View Post
    I just saw a Press Release from Graham County, NC which includes the areas around Robbinsville , Fontana Dam, etc...effective March 23rd they have ordered the closing off all hotels, motels, campgrounds, Bed & Breakfast, Lodges, etc... Also ordered the closing of the Cherohala Skyway and Rte 129 (The Dragon) for an indefinite period !!!!!!!!!! Why close the roads ????? I thought it was ok to be outside ......
    That is interesting. Is the announcement "official" as from the Highway Dept., or speculation based on unfounded rumor?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    That is interesting. Is the announcement "official" as from the Highway Dept., or speculation based on unfounded rumor?
    It's not speculation

https://wlos.com/news/local/graham-c...wDHN33O0NhqTBI
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    Just a clarification...the order talks about a curfew from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM except for going to required work and use by responders when needed. I can find NO specific mention of the Dragon or other roads. It appears to cover everything in the county area though.

A curfew is different than a road closure IMO. This is not to be argumentative...but in the spirit of putting out accurate information rather than here say.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Just a clarification...the order talks about a curfew from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM except for going to required work and use by responders when needed. I can find NO specific mention of the Dragon or other roads. It appears to cover everything in the county area though.

A curfew is different than a road closure IMO. This is not to be argumentative...but in the spirit of putting out accurate information rather than here say.
    The Release comes from the Graham County Emergency Management Committee... It tells the Road closures except for locals ....... I would drag a copy of the Release into this post, however, I don't know how !!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by biker01red View Post
    The Release comes from the Graham County Emergency Management Committee... It tells the Road closures except for locals ....... I would drag a copy of the Release into this post, however, I don't know how !!!!!!
    The moderators are just trying to make sure that no "bad" information gets posted concerning the virus. We have already had some complaints that we are allowing people to post information that may or may not be correct.

One has suggested that we kill all virus threads because of the possibility of mis-information.

We do not wish to do that...

We are treading a fine line here...so please bear with us.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Oh Man! There goes my first Can-Am moto trip. Had a F3 rental reserved and a cabin at IronHorse. Looks like I’ll need to cancel. Thanks for the heads up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Graham Co (and that general area) is pretty touristy. It doesn't surprise me that they've effectively closed the area.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I also got the email about the closures. But I also was notified that Tennessee access was still possible. I have my first trip planned for that area in August with the family. I truly hope that things are back open by then. This will be my first all out vacation with just my imediate family (wife, daughters, and grandkids). I do think I will have to cancel my wife and my vacation at Myrtle Beach next month.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Something to keep in mind here folks, and this pertains to Deals Gap and the resort there. Most of the "Dragon" is located in the state of TN. The last mile, when you cross the state line from TN into N.C. is in Swain County. So technically, as it is presently, you can access the "Dragon" from the TN side (U.S. 129), and ride the entire distance of it and all the way to the Deal's Gap Motorcycle resort. Just beyond the resort (South) is where N.C. 28 and U.S. 129 are, and there are supposed to be road blocks at that point, keeping non Graham county folks out. This situation may change over the course of this event, but as of now, this is what is taking place.

Spyder Garage

This thread should be in the "Off Topic" forum I think. I will add though. Today here in WI we got the "Safer at Home" order. It's not a shutdown, but it's meant to limit people just out and about. Essential businesses are issuing employees special "passes" to carry in vehicles. Here we go!!!
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White