Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Large areas of the US are now under shelter in place orders so even day rides are out of the question until the order is lifted. Our local riding club has canceled all rides for the next few weeks and will likely have to cancel more.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If there is any doubt in your mind about the necessity of restricting movement go to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/. Click on the individual country links and scroll down to the graph showing total active cases. The only two countries where the active cases are going down are China and S Korea. In China people adhered very well to the restriction against movement, but what do you expect in a country where the choice quite possibly was stay home or get shot. S Korea's decline has slowed, and active cases may be going back up, probably because they aren't near as autocratic as is China and because their travel restriction hasn't been as severe as China.

It looks like the rate of increase in the US is fastest of any nation. By the end of today we will pass China with the most total cases, and we have only 1/5 the population of China. Sobering, to say the least.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm having to preach to myself just as much as to any of you! I'm a hard headed Finn!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Suggestions are good...but...let us refrain from calling others out.
    Keeping it safe for you and your loved ones should be your first and foremost in your decision making. That being said We have had a few nice days so far here in Colorado (not so much in the high mountains). My wife and I have done day trips and packed a lunch to get out of the house a bit. I know we are thinking about the summer and what this could mean if it is still LOCK DOWN MODE going on. But if you able to play it safe and practice social distancing with others, this will blow over faster. That my .02

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yeochips View Post
    Keeping it safe for you and your loved ones should be your first and foremost in your decision making. That being said We have had a few nice days so far here in Colorado (not so much in the high mountains). My wife and I have done day trips and packed a lunch to get out of the house a bit. I know we are thinking about the summer and what this could mean if it is still LOCK DOWN MODE going on. But if you able to play it safe and practice social distancing with others, this will blow over faster. That my .02
    I see Colorado is now under a stay at home order as of this morning. Pretty hard, as I read it, to justify riding a m/c for other than close to home necessary activities. The definition of necessary does not include riding for recreation, but recreation activities that require physical activity such as walking and skiing are allowed. But no gathering together at the park picnic table! The CO order doesn't even exclude family members from the social distancing requirement. The Idaho one does. Must have been an oversight by the CO public health official.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

IMO...each person has to consider the legal and moral implications of their actions.

That is way above my pay grade...so I am not going to try to justify any side of the argument.

Be safe, and avoid catching the virus.

IMO...there is no one "right" answer.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-26-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So right Arkansas, I was so looking to ride my 20 RTL to TN for some technical mtn riding in May, uhhh, try this beauty out, looks like that may not happen.....Will try and schedule after this crazy virus dies off some.

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We just moved to Tennessee a couple of weeks ago, right before the excrement hit the fan. Our Spyder is still in Illinois and from the present outlook, it will stay there for the foreseeable future.

From what we have been able to determine, Tennessee is a mixed bag in precautions against the novel coronavirus. Depending upon the area, it may be pretty much business as usual, other places may be very restricted. Where we are, some things are very restricted, others give no indication of any problem. Some restaurants are open, some carry out only. Bank lobbies are closed, drive up only. The county clerk's office here has steps and a platform built to a regular window for customer access. We have only been out to pickup groceries twice from Wal-Mart and we got our new license plate today. We do the internet shopping thing, but the people who bring our groceries out don't seem to give any indication of adversity. We've seen one person wearing a protective mask and gloves. Seems the majority are practicing social distancing. Gas is as low as $1.40 a gallon and it seems there are quite a few motorcycles out and about, many in groups. Even if we had our Spyder here, we wouldn't be riding much. We are trying to do our best to be responsible during these trying times to protect ourselves, as well as others. We'll be the first to say that it's killing us to do so. But only figuratively!
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wife Millie and I love to make our trips to TN to visit a Post Office buddy in Kodak, (Sevierville), we do love the riding up there. Looks like our plans for a May visit will not materialize on our new 20 RT, but we are ready when we get something that looks like a 'go'. My friend has a TriGlide, gonna have some fun, just don't know when. Something to look forward to.
    Bill

Spyder Garage

I have cancelled a 3 week trip to Nags Head, NC in May. I'm not sure what the status will be then but as of right now as a non resident land owner I will not be allowed to enter the Outer Banks. They have restricted entry to residents only. Prudent move for a community with limited resources and and only an 18 bed hospital. So I'm abiding by the rules set forth at my home in Central Texas and will venture out for necessities and possibly a bluebonnet scenery drive for the day. Be careful everyone, this invisible enemy is deadly and moving very very fast.
    2014 , yes Pearl White