Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
    Just curious.....how many of those that have posted that "Bilt" products are good, have actually crash tested that claim and was still happy with the product after the crash? I'm talking about hitting the pavement type crashing!
    How many times have you crash tested your gear?

Spyder Garage

Enough of the "crash test" discussion . I was going to delete the references last night, but let it run through today.

No more back and forth on the subject please. Unless you are consumer reports, or some like testing agency...the question is out of line. It started as a discussion about the brand. Like or no like. We don't need to go beyond that here.

Happily...most of us have not needed to "crash test" our safety gear.

We all have choices. There are many brands to choose from. The reasons for choosing are many. No need to diss a particular brand.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-22-2020 at 11:02 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Enough of the "crash test" discussion . I was going to delete the references last night, but let it run through today.

No more back and forth on the subject please. Unless you are consumer reports, or some like testing agency...the question is out of line. It started as a discussion about the brand. Like or no like. We don't need to go beyond that here.

Happily...most of us have not needed to "crash test" our safety gear.

We all have choices. There are many brands to choose from. The reasons for choosing are many. No need to diss a particular brand.
    ...100% with what you are saying about ...in-appropriate / un-necessary comments ...... WHY does this happen ??? .... because imho people " see a thread ... don't read any other comments ... and just post their point of view !! " .... an example of this is : people start a Question thread .... and the Same answer is repeated multiple times ....WHY - because nobody read ANY other posts .... personally when I try to give an answer, I try and re-view what has already been said .... if I can Add something new, that's what I do ..... frankly I think the world is getting LAZY, folks won't take the time to READ ..... if there is NO video or pics ..... ( just a detailed explanation ) ... I read comments like " well no video/pics - it didn't happen. ...... sorry end of rant, procede with caution .........ride safe - ride happy .... Mike ....PS, I think the long time members have a better sense for " not re-peating answers in the same thread " .....

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks guys for all the comments. To sum it up the way I see it, Bilt products are OK, and pretty good taking price into consideration, but are at the lower end of the quality and durability spectrum overall for such products. I'm thinking their gloves would be decent, but probably ought to be replaced reasonably often, like every year. Plus, a pair of new Bilt gloves would undoubtedly be better than my several years old Icon gloves.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

We like to say they are Bilt, not well built.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Mac, buy the best gear you can afford. Bilt products are cheap, value vs quality. You ride a lot, and I’m afraid you would be disappointed. Have you ever been unhappy with the very best?
    Well yes, I have. I bought a new Nolan 104 modular helmet at their closeout price during WingDing 2016 in Billings. I'm sure I tried one on, but don't recall now. I had and used three earlier 101, 102, and 103, Nolans. I really liked them. But the 104 wasn't quite the same shape and size as the earlier ones, even though the size designation was the same. It has never fit properly, even after squashing down some of the styrofoam liner around my ears. I think it's time to dump it and find me another helmet. And it may be time to loosen up on brand loyalty!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffandLori View Post
    How many times have you crash tested your gear?
    Just once, I dont want to do that again and my BILT armor worked just fine.

Spyder Garage

I have gloves, riding pants, and jackets I bought decades ago at CG. There's not only years on them, but tens of thousands of miles with only natural wear.
    I recommend CG.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i like cycle gear because i can try stuff on & they helped me install & tune my sena on my helmet i didn't buy from them. the one i go to sells tires
    but they don't do installs so my dealer has to take care of my indian.