Spyder Garage

Cool 2020 Top Case Removal Thoughts......

I'll spare the details leading to this ponder but bottom line is I want an F3 Limited and be able to ride most of the time with top case removed. Having problems finding rear "cowl" to replace the top case when removed and when i reach out to can am they tell me to contact dealer, when i contact dealer they say they cant find any info..... but then i stumbled onto something.

2020 RT Limited has "RT color matched top panels" to cover the "hole" with case removed.

F3 Limited top case is apparently the same as the RT top case

F3 T top case "upgrade" (using can am builder) is listed as an RT top case

F3 limited and RT Limited top case description state "easy tool free removal with linq system"

I'm assuming since the top cases are "easy tool free removal with the linq system" the "RT color matched top panel" is as well

Why can't you use an "RT color matched top panel" on the F3 limited?

Spyder Garage

Cool 2020 Top Case Removal Thoughts......

I'll spare the details leading to this ponder but bottom line is I want an F3 Limited and be able to ride most of the time with top case removed. Having problems finding rear "cowl" to replace the top case when removed and when i reach out to can am they tell me to contact dealer, when i contact dealer they say they cant find any info..... but then i stumbled onto something.

2020 RT Limited has "RT color matched top panels" to cover the "hole" with case removed.

F3 Limited top case is apparently the same as the RT top case

F3 T top case "upgrade" (using can am builder) is listed as an RT top case

F3 limited and RT Limited top case description state "easy tool free removal with linq system"

I'm assuming since the top cases are "easy tool free removal with the linq system" the "RT color matched top panel" is as well

Why can't you use an "RT color matched top panel" on the F3 limited if you want to ride with the top case removed?

Spyder Garage

Not exactly sure how you got TWO identical threads on this, started about 4 mins apart, but I've merged them anyway.....

Btw, it is a bloody good question! I'm quite looking forward to the resulting discussion & any eventual resolution.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Unless they've changed in size, the rear panel is considerably larger on the 2020 RT.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

yeah if you go to the builder app on can am for the F3-T and add the RT top case it doesn't add anything else, guess the easiest way is to find a dealership that has an RT and an F3-T and ask them to swap the rear covers to see if they fit. Supposed to go on a test ride tomorrow so will try to investigate.

Spyder Garage

Just got back from the dealership to look at the covers... they wont fit. Totally different size / shape

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AzBTO View Post
    Just got back from the dealership to look at the covers... they wont fit. Totally different size / shape
    Thanks Az, very useful to know.....

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

My un educated guess would be ; to install the RT top case on a 2020 F3-T the color matched panel would need
    to be removed, Therefore the color matched panels for the F3-T should fit the 2020 F3-L when removing the
    top case. However to install the RT top case you may have to first install the LinQ compatible panel that the top case locks on to.
    So on the F3-L the LinQ compatible panel may need to be removed to install the color match panel.
    Looks like black is the only color that comes on the 2020 F3-T panel.

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift

Spyder Garage

Post a WTB (Want to Buy) in the ad section for the lid. I know that several people have added the rear top trunk, so there may be one lurking in the bushes.